HD Tutorials Blog Topic

Hello everyone,

I posted a few weeks ago about a blog that I was restarting from my previous career blog. This blog will be geared more towards the new coach/those that want assistance with HD. I am not perfect, but try to pull information from as many places as possible.

Veterans please provide input in the comments on the blog to assist with helping those coaches and providing new information for me to include in posts.

Link to Blog
1/5/2018 11:10 PM (edited)
Link isn't working
11/30/2017 6:14 PM
http://hdtutorials.lovenetwebservices.xyz/wp/

WOrks for me
11/30/2017 9:26 PM
This is so good. Whatiffuckingsports needs to link this in the hoops dynasty start page.
11/30/2017 9:29 PM
Again sorry for the bad link stupid copy and paste stuff not working properly. The link is working now.
12/1/2017 8:42 AM
This is really well done, I applaud the effort here, seriously.

I haven't read it all but I'll get through it eventually. Just a couple comments.

On the scheduling portion, maybe explain why scheduling road games helps your RPI by showing the formula to calculate RPI (wins count as 1.4 away vs 0.6 @ home). Also maybe say that playing on the road at D3 doesn't really hurt your chances of winning much since the best HC advantage you can get at D3 is C- (I think).
12/1/2017 9:15 AM
Benis, that is great information I will update that post and possibly write a completely new one utilizing the calculations that you provided. I never even thought of that. I have a really good idea with that to assist with scheduling. I might make a tool that people can use to determine their future RPI/SOS when scheduling. I think that could be huge actually and really help people when they schedule. Because as we know scheduling and recruiting are the 2 major factors when it relates to the postseason and winning as well as having a good team.
12/1/2017 11:39 AM
I would love some input on what you all would like to see on the blog? I am looking into Benis's information above and possibly going to write that post last this coming week.
12/3/2017 12:23 PM
Posted by obituaryconc on 12/1/2017 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Benis, that is great information I will update that post and possibly write a completely new one utilizing the calculations that you provided. I never even thought of that. I have a really good idea with that to assist with scheduling. I might make a tool that people can use to determine their future RPI/SOS when scheduling. I think that could be huge actually and really help people when they schedule. Because as we know scheduling and recruiting are the 2 major factors when it relates to the postseason and winning as well as having a good team.
This tool you speak of would be absolutely amazing. However, I feel like it would be pretty hard to make, because it would not only have to be able to project how teams will play the next year (before recruiting is over), but also how other teams will schedule. Maybe I'm wrong. I just think there would be too much guessing for it to be accurate.

Again, I hope you can figure out how to do it cause I would for sure use it.
12/4/2017 12:20 AM
Posted by Jitter_Thug on 12/4/2017 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by obituaryconc on 12/1/2017 11:39:00 AM (view original):
This tool you speak of would be absolutely amazing. However, I feel like it would be pretty hard to make, because it would not only have to be able to project how teams will play the next year (before recruiting is over), but also how other teams will schedule. Maybe I'm wrong. I just think there would be too much guessing for it to be accurate.

Again, I hope you can figure out how to do it cause I would for sure use it.
When I say tool, I say more of a guess anyway. Know what I mean. You want the best RPI so you can calculate based on many assumptions before the season starts, but at the same time it could also show you a lot for your own team as the season progressed I think, but I am not 100% certain.
12/4/2017 8:43 AM
A couple quick additional comments-

On the section for what to look for in ratings, you say that Speed doesn't matter AT ALL for bigs to score. I'm not sure this is really true. I've seen many PFs who have benefited from high speed and just avg ath (think like 50ath, 60 spd). I think it's less important than ATH but it still matters.

Also, maybe you could add a section for SFs. You cover guards and bigs but SF is a little unique and can be used in a variety of ways.

Personally, I'd steal gil's advice of going for 2 out of 3 things for a guards/bigs and 3 out of 4 for SFs. His idea was guards should be able to do 2 out of 3 things well - defense, scoring, ball skills. Bigs is defense, reb, scoring. SF is defense, reb, scoring, ball skills. (I think that was it).
12/4/2017 9:01 AM
Posted by Benis on 12/4/2017 9:01:00 AM (view original):
A couple quick additional comments-

On the section for what to look for in ratings, you say that Speed doesn't matter AT ALL for bigs to score. I'm not sure this is really true. I've seen many PFs who have benefited from high speed and just avg ath (think like 50ath, 60 spd). I think it's less important than ATH but it still matters.

Also, maybe you could add a section for SFs. You cover guards and bigs but SF is a little unique and can be used in a variety of ways.

Personally, I'd steal gil's advice of going for 2 out of 3 things for a guards/bigs and 3 out of 4 for SFs. His idea was guards should be able to do 2 out of 3 things well - defense, scoring, ball skills. Bigs is defense, reb, scoring. SF is defense, reb, scoring, ball skills. (I think that was it).
This is great advice, I might actually make posts specific to each position because there is so much for each individual position for each type of offense and each type of gameplan that I think it would be beneficial for those new players to see that information available to them.
12/4/2017 10:55 AM
Just started a new series on positions in WhatIfSports Hoops Dynasty. Breaking down each position into areas of what you should or might want to look for. Check It out and let me know what you might do differently, love seeing different perspectives.
12/6/2017 9:42 AM
I am going to bump this post since I just moved to a new web hosting with a slightly different web address from the previous address. I updated the blog link in the first post.
1/5/2018 11:10 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 11/30/2017 9:26:00 PM (view original):
http://hdtutorials.lovenetwebservices.xyz/wp/

WOrks for me
Just want to let everyone know that the web address changed to https://hdtutorials.lovenetwebservices.com

I changed hosting and wanted it to be a little more secure than before.

I also would like to invite anyone interested in joining me to post some useful posts. Please message me and let me know if you are interested in becoming a contributor to the blog.
1/5/2018 11:13 PM
HD Tutorials Blog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.