Shortstop 9 errors in 14 spring training games Topic

Hello,

With a range of 93 and a glove of 79 would 9 errors in 14 games be expected? I understand the glove is a little low, so is it such a critical position that his range is allowing too much exposure? Any advice is appreciated.

The player is <a style="color:black;" href="https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7589225" target="_blank">Jenrry Rosa</a>

I hope I copied the link correctly. Thanks!
12/1/2017 10:17 AM
Play by play indicates they are mostly booted balls. Thanks
12/1/2017 10:19 AM
That's high but, yeah, he'll be brutal. 40+ errors during the regular season. His arm accuracy is also low.
12/1/2017 10:24 AM
Last season in AAA, with what I assume were the same ratings, he made 19 errors in 91 starts. That comes out to about 34 errors in 162 games... my guess is that he'd make closer to 40.

He also made 17 (+) plays, which makes him, all in all, about an average SS, to go with an unremarkable SS bat. I think he's a stopgap SS; you can win with him starting but he should be your worst starter. In most worlds you'd be able to find a SS with an very good or excellent glove and only a slightly worse bat without giving up too much.
12/1/2017 10:37 AM
Like mike and dedleman said, he should plus play a lot and error a lot. The glove is going to hurt and his bat isn't great. I'd keep my eyes open for someone else. He's too rough of a glove to be up the middle and to rough of a bat to be at the corners.
12/1/2017 2:24 PM
Great utility guy. Could fill in nicely anywhere. Even as a part-time SS due to fatigue/injury.
12/1/2017 2:31 PM
If you can play him in CF it would be better for your team defensively. He'll make fewer errors and more plus plays. I had a guy with 91 range and 77 glove in CF and he had an above average CF bat to go with it.
12/1/2017 3:13 PM
Sounds like "not a SS". CF probably.
12/7/2017 2:17 PM
Shortstop 9 errors in 14 spring training games Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.