SI reporting Jimbo Fisher leaving FSU for A&M Topic

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/01/jimbo-fisher-texas-am-coach-contract-florida-state

Seems like a downgrade in job, but he will likely get a lot more money.
12/1/2017 2:29 PM
He is overrated to me. Also a bit of a tool.

Big bucks, not much chance to win.
12/1/2017 2:31 PM
He certainly isn't the Saban/Meyer/Sweeney class and I don't think he is in the D'Antonio/Harbaugh/Richt level either, but he has won a national championship as a coach, something only 3 other active coaches have done (those 1st 3).

He has a much better chance at winning another title at FSU then he does at A&M though. Just seems like a really strange move.
12/1/2017 3:39 PM
Yeah, except for the 75 million.
12/1/2017 4:12 PM
Anyway, he knows his roster at FSU. Maybe it's not all that. And, in college football, there are schools that aren't putting up with consecutive down seasons.
12/1/2017 4:13 PM
Posted by edsortails on 12/1/2017 2:31:00 PM (view original):
He is overrated to me. Also a bit of a tool.

Big bucks, not much chance to win.
+1 - great recruiter, only adequate coach - doesn't handle media or fans well - current players even said they would look to transfer if he came back next season - another tweeted that Fisher didn't say goodbye, text, or anything before leaving for A&M
12/1/2017 4:14 PM
SI reporting Jimbo Fisher leaving FSU for A&M Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.