ODL 66 Trade Talk Etc. Topic

Please comment on the ODL 66 proposed trade(s) and previous trades etc.

I am agreeable to most trades. But I don't like owners trading high first round picks and then not getting at least a high second round pick back in return. Any other thoughts???
12/2/2017 1:55 PM
Posted by vancem on 12/2/2017 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Please comment on the ODL 66 proposed trade(s) and previous trades etc.

I am agreeable to most trades. But I don't like owners trading high first round picks and then not getting at least a high second round pick back in return. Any other thoughts???
That was my general gripe. I think the trade really stinks but I’m not going to rage quit if it goes through either. It is a bad trade and I wish owners didn’t do stuff like this because it has such a dramatic impact on the rest of the league. But also there is a precedent for it and cjok isn’t a newbie owner.

That being said, he immediately sh** on the trade when the lottery results came out. So really just for my own personal edification, I would like to know what exactly he thought was going to happen.
12/2/2017 2:16 PM
I personally don't think we should be able to trade 1st rounders. This league is supposed to be about drafting skill not trading skill.

However, as long as 1st rounders are allowed to be traded, this trade should go through. Two experienced owners who understand the sim and how trades work here. Vetoes should be used if an experienced owner is taking advantage of an inexperienced owner, or if collusion is suspected. As that is obviously not the case, I don't see a single reason for a veto.
12/2/2017 2:22 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 12/2/2017 2:22:00 PM (view original):
I personally don't think we should be able to trade 1st rounders. This league is supposed to be about drafting skill not trading skill.

However, as long as 1st rounders are allowed to be traded, this trade should go through. Two experienced owners who understand the sim and how trades work here. Vetoes should be used if an experienced owner is taking advantage of an inexperienced owner, or if collusion is suspected. As that is obviously not the case, I don't see a single reason for a veto.
"This league is supposed to be about drafting skill not trading skill." - This I agree wholeheartedly with and it is what drew me to the league to begin with.
12/3/2017 12:18 AM
Posted by benhoidal on 12/2/2017 2:22:00 PM (view original):

Not collusion... just cjok's lifelong mission to annoy me with lopsided trades.
12/3/2017 12:19 AM
well I'm all butt hurt about something (I'll figure out what later)
12/3/2017 9:39 AM
Well banditone still hasn't opened his sitemail.
12/3/2017 1:01 PM
It shouldn't be too difficult to replace him SINCE LEBRON EFFING JAMES IS SITTING THERE BEGGING TO BE DRAFTED!!!
12/3/2017 3:04 PM
I don't like banditone being dropped which moves cjok1051 up to three and then the trade, if it is approved, giving ben that pick.
12/3/2017 5:04 PM
To be clear I dont hate the trade for cjok. I hate it for the rest of us.

Cjok gets 4 picks before most of us get 3. Look at where his picks are... I know he pays a big penalty for that, but 4 picks in the top 60 is not a bad deal at all. Ask longtallbrad and maglor.

A 3 and a 9 should be unbeatable at this cap. I would feel that way about any experienced owner having those picks. That is why I am opposed to it.

12/3/2017 10:57 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 12/3/2017 10:57:00 PM (view original):

Cjok gets 4 picks before most of us get 3. Look at where his picks are... I know he pays a big penalty for that, but 4 picks in the top 60 is not a bad deal at all. Ask longtallbrad and maglor.

A 3 and a 9 should be unbeatable at this cap. I would feel that way about any experienced owner having those picks. That is why I am opposed to it.

This is why 1st round trades shouldn’t be allowed at all.

For the record, at two different times in this league an owner has had two top 5 picks. Both times they missed the playoffs.
12/3/2017 11:09 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 12/3/2017 11:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pointfwd on 12/3/2017 10:57:00 PM (view original):

This is why 1st round trades shouldn’t be allowed at all.

For the record, at two different times in this league an owner has had two top 5 picks. Both times they missed the playoffs.
I think, given an ambiguous trade review process and the fact that it is a draft focused league, that your first point makes perfect sense to me.

I don't know the history of your second bullet point, so I can't comment. I would suspect the trade wouldn't have been as bad but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. This kind of stuff goes down all the time in every league, it isn't anything new. Outrage seems to be selective.
12/4/2017 12:21 AM
I hear what you are saying ben. But you most likely a much better owner than most of us, me included that's for sure, in this league and IMO would have a huge advantage buy getting 2 first round picks so high. It would be fun to know who the other owners were with the top five picks and who the players were that they picked.
12/4/2017 12:24 AM
Posted by vancem on 12/4/2017 12:24:00 AM (view original):
I hear what you are saying ben. But you most likely a much better owner than most of us, me included that's for sure, in this league and IMO would have a huge advantage buy getting 2 first round picks so high. It would be fun to know who the other owners were with the top five picks and who the players were that they picked.
Just going off memory and not looking back, jhsukow took LeBron and Dennis Rodman 2nd and 4th, and CJ took Karl Malone and Charles Barkley 4th and 5th. That might be slightly incorrect but it’s close.

I get the argument that I shouldn’t have 2 high picks because of my success. I do. I just think it’s a very slippery slope once you start saying that good owners can’t make trades that help them, but less good owners can. And I think it’s a slippery slope to say that this trade is too uneven to allow, because now every trade is going to be a big hoopla every single season.
12/4/2017 8:26 AM
as it should be

btw... "every" is a little dramatic
12/4/2017 9:38 AM (edited)
123 Next ▸
ODL 66 Trade Talk Etc. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.