ODL 66 Trade Talk Etc. Topic

Welcome back scud ! Trading up to # 9 and getting Kareem ! ! !
12/4/2017 8:55 PM
Posted by vancem on 12/4/2017 12:24:00 AM (view original):
I hear what you are saying ben. But you most likely a much better owner than most of us, me included that's for sure, in this league and IMO would have a huge advantage buy getting 2 first round picks so high. It would be fun to know who the other owners were with the top five picks and who the players were that they picked.
The trade shouldn't be allowed or vetoed based on what owners are involved.. Only if the trade is fair... The trade wasn't 'that' bad....
12/4/2017 11:29 PM
CJok got worse value for what turned out to be the #3 overall pick in this vetoed trade than he got for the #10 pick in ODL 64.... He got bailed out...
12/4/2017 11:56 PM
Posted by milest on 12/4/2017 11:56:00 PM (view original):
CJok got worse value for what turned out to be the #3 overall pick in this vetoed trade than he got for the #10 pick in ODL 64.... He got bailed out...
We should have bailed bds when he traded up for Isaiah Thomas last season. :)
12/5/2017 11:52 AM
Posted by robusk on 12/5/2017 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by milest on 12/4/2017 11:56:00 PM (view original):
We should have bailed bds when he traded up for Isaiah Thomas last season. :)
I regret nothing.
12/5/2017 12:00 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to thank you all for making this so much fun for me to particpate in and I always look forward to it. The last six months have been really tough for me due to RL stuff and the sim draft leagues give me something to look forward to and to be challenged by with so many good owners.
12/5/2017 4:59 PM
Posted by vancem on 12/5/2017 4:59:00 PM (view original):
Hey guys I just wanted to thank you all for making this so much fun for me to particpate in and I always look forward to it. The last six months have been really tough for me due to RL stuff and the sim draft leagues give me something to look forward to and to be challenged by with so many good owners.
12/5/2017 5:16 PM
Any word from copernicus?
12/6/2017 1:41 AM
While everyone is sitting around waiting for their turn to draft and trying to decide what you can give me for Christmas, I have a question. Why do people want to have a draft with a fairly low salary cap? Why do you want to have to decide between the player you want and the player you can afford? Why not have a draft where you can just pick the best player and not have to worry about money? I'll hang up and listen.
12/6/2017 3:52 PM
Posted by Midge on 12/6/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
While everyone is sitting around waiting for their turn to draft and trying to decide what you can give me for Christmas, I have a question. Why do people want to have a draft with a fairly low salary cap? Why do you want to have to decide between the player you want and the player you can afford? Why not have a draft where you can just pick the best player and not have to worry about money? I'll hang up and listen.
I think it's because we like the challenge. Besides, we have the $52M draft for not worrying.
12/6/2017 4:10 PM
Posted by Midge on 12/6/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
There are really two classes of owners it seems (a third if you want to separate out all-out nincompoops). One class wants to just builds teams with all great players and see "what if" Jordan and LeBron played together (one example). The other class of owners seem to be interested in more of treating it like a challenge of their own capabilities in getting limited resources and trying to optimally leverage those resources. Both are statistical simulations but the separation really comes from whether the owner is motivated by fantasy or competition.

I have argued in the past with owners over this, as my greater interest is to maximize the difficulty and try to prove that I can better allocate resources than other people. The higher the availability of resources, the less likely I am to be able to exploit some perceived advantage, the smaller my odds of being able to engineer a win. The people on the other side of the argument presumed that all owners just wanted to build teams with the best players.

I think the disparity in aspects of the game people ***** about probably stem from which of these groups you belong to. People who want to see all the best players play together generally complain about rookies in open leagues, the sim being broken, the lack of updates, sim exploits etc. People who want to play the limited resources version of the game tend to complain more loudly about trades (because it distorts resource allocation), certain types of theme leagues, people copying their teams, accusing other owners of cheating, etc.

Anyway, that is just my two cents. I sure there are people who would claim they don't identify with any of this.
12/6/2017 4:15 PM
Posted by vancem on 12/6/2017 1:41:00 AM (view original):
Any word from copernicus?
he proxied 3 owners including the commissioner but just got home from a cross country flight and is happy to find out that he landed Rudy on the turn
12/6/2017 5:34 PM
Those are good answers. I just have a lot of trouble putting a team together with anything less than $50 million. I guess I should try the $52 million draft, too.
12/6/2017 7:07 PM
No regrets on Walton over Wallace. Needed the usage/cost flexibility
12/6/2017 8:02 PM
hey man it's your money
12/6/2017 8:21 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
ODL 66 Trade Talk Etc. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.