FRANCHISE FAVOURITE - FINAL EDITION (FULL) Topic

You have yet to define what is a full season. I don't think you can even make a team of guys who missed no games. So where is the cutoff???? I cannot draft a team until you define this
12/16/2017 4:01 AM
I think what he means (for twisting purposes - or not) that all players on roster must have played at least one full season for your franchise in their career - he has mentioned "no rental players". I think that means that whoever is on your roster, must've stuck around with your franchise for more than one season (not a half-season playoff-run trade deadline and gone type of guy). i.e. even though a high PIM scrub like a Barnaby or Probart might only have 65 GP, they played numerous seasons for the same franchise, so they are fine (AM I CORRECT KITE??)
12/16/2017 8:32 AM
At any rate - Ill take Buffalo as a second franchise
12/16/2017 8:33 AM
Atlanta/Winnipeg for second team please.
12/17/2017 2:01 PM
Kiteport: Please cross my name off the list. The L.A. Kings are available. You need to communicate. Answer questions, and etc.

Good luck.
12/18/2017 7:20 AM
Posted by alanasdad on 12/16/2017 8:32:00 AM (view original):
I think what he means (for twisting purposes - or not) that all players on roster must have played at least one full season for your franchise in their career - he has mentioned "no rental players". I think that means that whoever is on your roster, must've stuck around with your franchise for more than one season (not a half-season playoff-run trade deadline and gone type of guy). i.e. even though a high PIM scrub like a Barnaby or Probart might only have 65 GP, they played numerous seasons for the same franchise, so they are fine (AM I CORRECT KITE??)
This is half-correct.

What I mean is - A player must've played at least 82 games with your franchise (or whatever it was in the 70s). So, yes, no rentals. No Gretzky for St. Louis. No Brett Hull for the Yotes.

OR

Been on the roster for a year or more yet didn't play due to injuries. At least he was on the roster for a full year. So, Rick Martin can play for the Kings.

Coffey cannot play for the Kings. He was acquired late in the season and then dealt the following season late in the season. He never was on the roster for a full season nor played at least 82 games.
12/18/2017 9:47 PM (edited)
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 12/18/2017 7:22:00 AM (view original):
Kiteport: Please cross my name off the list. The L.A. Kings are available. You need to communicate. Answer questions, and etc.

Good luck.
You need to settle down, dude. I'm sorry that a wildfire burning through my town messes with your fantasy hockey plans. I'm here in So Cal dealing with some serious stuff.

With pleasure I will remove you from this league.
12/18/2017 9:34 PM

Good luck.
i'll take the kings as a 2nd team
12/18/2017 10:11 PM
Hope all is well and you and yours stays safe kite
12/19/2017 8:43 AM
Posted by chuckinrlp on 12/19/2017 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Hope all is well and you and yours stays safe kite
Thanks! The past two weeks have been crazy. A bit scary. We think the worst is over as the winds have died down. Fingers crossed.

Cheers!
12/19/2017 11:03 AM
Up
12/23/2017 10:33 PM
Ok, if the sign-up on the first page is correct, do my old eyes deceive me or is Montreal still available??? If so, I will take the Habs, Ben.
12/24/2017 8:47 AM
And Stars (Minn/Dallas) for me
12/24/2017 9:39 AM
Posted by kiteport on 12/18/2017 9:34:00 PM (view original):

Good luck.
You need to settle down, dude. I'm sorry that a wildfire burning through my town messes with your fantasy hockey plans. I'm here in So Cal dealing with some serious stuff.

With pleasure I will remove you from this league.
Kite, I don't know if a guy who played like 68/80 games for my team will qualify as a player with a whole season Not many players play all 82 games in a season.. I am quite settled, and Merry Christmas to you. Now see the post after this one..
12/25/2017 12:30 AM
Posted by kiteport on 12/5/2017 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bradpark22 on 12/4/2017 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Nordiques/Avs. full season in 68-69 was 76. is it okay as long as they played a full season or does the game total have to equal 82 (or 76?)? and what about players who played a full season- but didn;t dress for 82 games? (ie kurri on the avs)
Good question. As long as the number of games the player played with the franchise is equal to one full season (whatever era from 69/70 to present) is fine.
OK so... if he played 82 games over 4 years, he is good? Let me see if I have this right:

Player was with the team 2 seasons. He played a total of 83 games.. 50 in one season and 33 in the other. He qualifies?? and I can twist him to any season?I think I got it, when I read this:

At least he was on the roster for a full year. So, Rick Martin can play for the Kings.
12/25/2017 1:18 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
FRANCHISE FAVOURITE - FINAL EDITION (FULL) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.