Where Should New Players Start? Topic

And since you may not understand what I'm saying because you're mad at your parents for not paying your rent this month, football coaches, back in the day, expected you to use your head as a weapon. Only sissyboys got concussions. If they held up three fingers and said "How many?", you could respond with "onion" and you'd be sent back on the field if you were good enough.
12/7/2017 5:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the average age on here is about 53 years old.

And you've said many times that this is the whiniest forum on WIS.

So there ya go. Old guys whine.
12/7/2017 5:23 PM
I know, back when HBD came about, the whiniest group was 45-54. I wasn't that old yet so I asked "Do I get stick to shove up my *** when I turn 45?" because those dudes whined.
12/7/2017 5:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I don't really check profiles. They're kind of "not right". I'm "under 18".

But I do know there's a lot of "I screwed up. I'm gonna send a ticket to see if they'll fix it" on here. That's a millennial response. People my age say "rub some dirt on it" or, more age-based, "Stick your helmet in there!!!" Which, of course, may mean we're simply suffering from CTE and are unable to make rational decisions.
Well, how about that, we agree on more than one thing.
12/7/2017 5:51 PM

You in?
12/7/2017 5:57 PM
12/7/2017 6:04 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 4:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 12/7/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, cubcub, I forgot about your ability to suck-up.

Updated suck-up standings:
1. benis
2. cubcub
3. zorzi

That said, if emy and I were arguing about gameplay, winning percentage would be a great point. We're not. So, IOW, your post added almost as much as emy's.

BTW, someone sent me a sitemail a couple of days ago saying emy got caught cheating with an alias. Any truth to that?
Well at least I'm #1 at something.

Take THAT haters.
Earl of Sycophancy is a title well-earned, but don’t sell yourself short. There’s King of Hyperbole and Duke of Obfuscation as well. So that’s 3 things.
I mean... those are okay I suppose. Impressive, I'm sure.

But Sycophancy? Obfuscation?

Can my title contain words that don't make you sound like a nerdy know it all who just uses big words to make themselves sound intelligent?
Nah. Google. The Earl of Kiss-*** doesn’t have the same ring.
12/7/2017 6:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 12/7/2017 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Mike - have you abandoned the "D1 is not different from D2/D3" rhetoric then? Or is it just more convenient for you to hop over to the other side of the fence on this specific issue?
Not really. Just pointing out you can't have it both ways. Don't tell me people need to learn at D2/D3 THEN say "D1 is so different. If you're not in D1, you shouldn't comment on it!!"

I compared the three levels to throwing. Throw a rock, a football and a baseball. It's a little different but it's still slinging an object thru the air.
Sorry, work picked up this afternoon.

So...would you say playing in D3/D2 before D1 doesn't help people compete? I would completely agree with anyone saying D1 is very different from D3 or D2, but you've generally argued against that. I also think you can't have it both ways. Either D1 is different from D3/D2 and you have been wrong about most of your opinions on competing in D1, or it's basically the same product and learning against a potentially less experienced user base in lower divisions give you a better shot once you get to D1. I like metaphors, but not the "it's kinda different, but not different enough for me to me wrong, but also different enough for me to be right" logic.
12/7/2017 6:56 PM
Yeah, you're trying to set a trap I don't care to fall into.

The basics of the game are the same at all levels. Do you learn O/D sets at all levels? Of course you do. Do you learn what is required at all levels? Somewhat. Do you learn what kind of players you need at D1 when you're playing D3? No, you do not. It's there for you to see but experience beats knowledge all day.

If you want to compete at D1, you will be better off playing D1. That does NOT mean you have to be at D1 to UNDERSTAND D1, everything is there for all to see, but it's better to experience it. That's always been my argument and it will always be my argument.
12/7/2017 7:08 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 12/7/2017 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 4:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 12/7/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, cubcub, I forgot about your ability to suck-up.

Updated suck-up standings:
1. benis
2. cubcub
3. zorzi

That said, if emy and I were arguing about gameplay, winning percentage would be a great point. We're not. So, IOW, your post added almost as much as emy's.

BTW, someone sent me a sitemail a couple of days ago saying emy got caught cheating with an alias. Any truth to that?
Well at least I'm #1 at something.

Take THAT haters.
Earl of Sycophancy is a title well-earned, but don’t sell yourself short. There’s King of Hyperbole and Duke of Obfuscation as well. So that’s 3 things.
I mean... those are okay I suppose. Impressive, I'm sure.

But Sycophancy? Obfuscation?

Can my title contain words that don't make you sound like a nerdy know it all who just uses big words to make themselves sound intelligent?
Nah. Google. The Earl of Kiss-*** doesn’t have the same ring.
Uhhh it actually has a much better ring and doesn't make you sound like a complete tool.
12/7/2017 7:36 PM
But here's a tip, if your joke/insult needs to be googled for people to understand it then it's probably not very amusing.
12/7/2017 7:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Goddammit!!!! This thread is where me and emy argue. Make your own thread so emy can complain that no threads are informative like the good ol' days and all devolve into a name-calling bitchfest!!! Then he can go tend to his 37 cats in peace.
Don't report me, benis, but this still applies.
12/7/2017 7:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Goddammit!!!! This thread is where me and emy argue. Make your own thread so emy can complain that no threads are informative like the good ol' days and all devolve into a name-calling bitchfest!!! Then he can go tend to his 37 cats in peace.
Don't report me, benis, but this still applies.
Hey! You said something about me so I get to stick my nose in and say stuff too. Isn't that how it works?

But I can start a new thread bickering with poopman if you'd like.
12/7/2017 7:52 PM
Nah, I was simply noting that every time I insulted you a "little too harshly", ADMIN warned me.

Now, maybe, it's just someone with an ax to grind reporting me. But, in my mind, it's you reporting me because you're the most active poster in this forum and I threaten you. Plus, as previously, noted, you are the biggest suck-up in this forum.
12/7/2017 7:59 PM
EVERY time?
12/7/2017 8:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Where Should New Players Start? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.