Where Should New Players Start? Topic

Posted by emy1013 on 12/7/2017 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/7/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
You are free to do anything you want. It's an open forum. But, if you're going to ***** about nonsense in every thread, don't post bitchy nonsense in every thread.

Too complicated?
I've called Mike a hypocrite for doing the exact same thing he's claiming Emy has done.

Complaining the forums are toxic yet continuously adds to the toxicity.
Who are you talking to? Is there anyone here that doesn't think I'm confrontational? The difference, in the cases you're implying, is my gripe is with the toxicity about the game itself(EE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) not users ******** at one another over a difference of opinion.
Riiiiiiight, because you just didn't post a Top Suck-Up Standings list, did you? Hypocrite, thy name is Michael.
Uh, the Top Suck-up list is NOT about the game. Do I need to start a Dumbest Poster in this Thread list? You and emy are in quite the battle.
So, you claim your gripe is about the game itself and not the users. Then you post a list of Top Suck-Up Users.

Okay, I think the point has been made quite clearly here. I'm terribly disappointed Michael, I thought you'd be a little bit more of a challenge. Seems I was wrong and I could have sent in a half-trained drunken chimpanzee and it would have made you look silly. Wow! You call people hypocrites and then turn around and do the exact same thing. What a tool.
No, read it again. Go ahead, there's plenty of time.

But, nonetheless, way to not derail a thread with ******** at other users. A fine job!!!
12/7/2017 4:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/7/2017 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/7/2017 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 3:51:00 PM (view original):
"If you'd been paying attention at D2/D3 instead of going through the motions on your race to D1, you'd have KNOWN that set-up would have been very, very difficult to run successfully."

This is a great point.
Thought I had a pretty solid response. I play a lot of SIMAI in D2. What they run really doesn't impact what D1 users run, right? Humans/Sims at different levels. No?
No, it wasn't a solid response. All you have to do is check the human coached D1 teams to see what they run. All you have to do is look at the teams in the conference you're getting ready to join. You act like all that info is some kind of classified state secret when all you have to do is check a few different teams. That really too hard to do?

Your problem solving skills are really disappointing Michael.
Good lord, you're dumb.

You know when I wouldn't have to do that? If I was in D1. Why do I care what anyone is running in D1 when I'm in D2 and D3.

I'm glad you're good at HD. Because you don't seem very smart.
I know, right? I mean, why look ahead to the destination I'm headed? I'll just learn on the fly instead of having as much info as possible when I get there.

Like fish in a barrel.
Because there's plenty of time to do that when I get there?

Are you playing some Turbo HD where you have to plan weeks in advance? Because, in my worlds, it's one game a day and there is a lot of downtime.

Jeez, you need a nap. You seem to be getting dumber.
Just one question. If there's all this downtime (and I agree that there's too much), how can someone who stays on this site as much as you do possibly be so clueless when it comes to the game? Of course you don't have to plan weeks in advance. But saying that you don't know what D1 teams run just because you're not in D1 is simply being lazy and disingenuous. It takes literally 2-3 minutes to find those kinds of things out and yet you, why you'd rather just make excuses about why you don't know that kind of simple information. Even worse, while leaving yourself willfully ignorant, you then champion an idea that you have no clue about and that only because apparently it's too much damn work to try to educate yourself.
12/7/2017 4:13 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/7/2017 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/7/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
You are free to do anything you want. It's an open forum. But, if you're going to ***** about nonsense in every thread, don't post bitchy nonsense in every thread.

Too complicated?
I've called Mike a hypocrite for doing the exact same thing he's claiming Emy has done.

Complaining the forums are toxic yet continuously adds to the toxicity.
Who are you talking to? Is there anyone here that doesn't think I'm confrontational? The difference, in the cases you're implying, is my gripe is with the toxicity about the game itself(EE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) not users ******** at one another over a difference of opinion.
Riiiiiiight, because you just didn't post a Top Suck-Up Standings list, did you? Hypocrite, thy name is Michael.
Uh, the Top Suck-up list is NOT about the game. Do I need to start a Dumbest Poster in this Thread list? You and emy are in quite the battle.
So, you claim your gripe is about the game itself and not the users. Then you post a list of Top Suck-Up Users.

Okay, I think the point has been made quite clearly here. I'm terribly disappointed Michael, I thought you'd be a little bit more of a challenge. Seems I was wrong and I could have sent in a half-trained drunken chimpanzee and it would have made you look silly. Wow! You call people hypocrites and then turn around and do the exact same thing. What a tool.
No, read it again. Go ahead, there's plenty of time.

But, nonetheless, way to not derail a thread with ******** at other users. A fine job!!!
Thank you, I do try my best. Told you I'm a hypocrite. Just like you and everyone else.

What was this anyway, a thread about a thread about a thread? Seems the topic was a little played out anyway and needed a different direction.
12/7/2017 4:16 PM
Sure, I'll be civil and answer your question even if you don't want to try that way.

I have a very specific list of target schools. They have never won a NT game. I want one of them. I don't intend to compete with the big boys until I get that school a NT win. What Michigan, Clemson, Kentucky or any upper level school is doing right now is of no importance. I'll be playing W Carolina, Cornell or some other low level school. Schools coached by sims. So not only do I have next season and lots of downtime, I've probably got 6 months, at least, before my goal changes. Due to my mediocre coaching skills, I might have a lifetime before my goal changes.

What I "champion" is that you don't learn much about D1 while playing D2/D3. And, in a world with 90ish human users, I don't see the harm in a new user starting at one of the schools I want.
12/7/2017 4:19 PM
I'll add that I've said, many times, that what type of player it takes to succeed, where to find said players and what D1 schools do is no secret. All the information is there for all to see.

I made this point when I was told I shouldn't discuss D1 because I wasn't in D1. This game is not rocket science. It's little numbers simmed in a computer. And everyone can see those numbers. The fact that I've chose NOT to look at the sets ran by the Top 20 teams doesn't mean I'm leaving myself "willfully ignorant", it means I don't need that information at this point. But I know where it's at and how to get it.
12/7/2017 4:24 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, cubcub, I forgot about your ability to suck-up.

Updated suck-up standings:
1. benis
2. cubcub
3. zorzi

That said, if emy and I were arguing about gameplay, winning percentage would be a great point. We're not. So, IOW, your post added almost as much as emy's.

BTW, someone sent me a sitemail a couple of days ago saying emy got caught cheating with an alias. Any truth to that?
Well at least I'm #1 at something.

Take THAT haters.
Earl of Sycophancy is a title well-earned, but don’t sell yourself short. There’s King of Hyperbole and Duke of Obfuscation as well. So that’s 3 things.
12/7/2017 4:27 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 12/7/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/7/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, cubcub, I forgot about your ability to suck-up.

Updated suck-up standings:
1. benis
2. cubcub
3. zorzi

That said, if emy and I were arguing about gameplay, winning percentage would be a great point. We're not. So, IOW, your post added almost as much as emy's.

BTW, someone sent me a sitemail a couple of days ago saying emy got caught cheating with an alias. Any truth to that?
Well at least I'm #1 at something.

Take THAT haters.
Earl of Sycophancy is a title well-earned, but don’t sell yourself short. There’s King of Hyperbole and Duke of Obfuscation as well. So that’s 3 things.
I mean... those are okay I suppose. Impressive, I'm sure.

But Sycophancy? Obfuscation?

Can my title contain words that don't make you sound like a nerdy know it all who just uses big words to make themselves sound intelligent?
12/7/2017 4:35 PM
Goddammit!!!! This thread is where me and emy argue. Make your own thread so emy can complain that no threads are informative like the good ol' days and all devolve into a name-calling bitchfest!!! Then he can go tend to his 37 cats in peace.
12/7/2017 4:40 PM
12/7/2017 4:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Goddammit!!!! This thread is where me and emy argue. Make your own thread so emy can complain that no threads are informative like the good ol' days and all devolve into a name-calling bitchfest!!! Then he can go tend to his 37 cats in peace.
Nope, hate cats. Dogs.......because people suck.
12/7/2017 5:00 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 12/7/2017 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Nope, hate cats. Dogs.......because people suck.
Hey, look, we agree on something!! But I still think you're a cat dude. And, undoubtedly, yell at kids, real or imaginary, to get off your lawn all day.
12/7/2017 5:05 PM
One grumpy old guy telling another grumpy old guy that he's a grumpy old guy. The irony.
12/7/2017 5:11 PM
I'm relatively jovial. But whiny millennials don't get to see that part of me. You know, because you're whiny.
12/7/2017 5:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2017 5:16:00 PM (view original):
I'm relatively jovial. But whiny millennials don't get to see that part of me. You know, because you're whiny.
You sure about that? What age group complains the most on here?
12/7/2017 5:17 PM
I don't really check profiles. They're kind of "not right". I'm "under 18".

But I do know there's a lot of "I screwed up. I'm gonna send a ticket to see if they'll fix it" on here. That's a millennial response. People my age say "rub some dirt on it" or, more age-based, "Stick your helmet in there!!!" Which, of course, may mean we're simply suffering from CTE and are unable to make rational decisions.
12/7/2017 5:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Where Should New Players Start? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.