Big 6 for everyone! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I wouldn't take part in that world. I would absolutely join a new world with no D1 baseline prestige, though, especially if they updated the conferences.
12/5/2017 12:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
LOL. It was a bad idea that sat with no response for a full day. It happens. Accept it. Don't act like it was something it wasn't.
12/5/2017 1:29 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 12/5/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
No D1 baseline prestige. Everyone equal at D1? I could go for that world too mbriese. I would love to have an equal shot with a smaller D1 school as Duke and Kentucky have in the game. We suggested that all D1 have the same baseline in Beta several times and were shot down.

The only reason I put this thread out there is for the forum trolls. If the world suggested by this thread were made it would give the forum trolls everything they wanted. The team of their dreams, starting at D1 in a Big 6 school, etc....Bet the house they would still complain about it.
The baseline prestige is what makes Duke duke and UCLA UCLA. Removing baselines for d1 is about the dumbest idea I have seen here. Thar#2hy we have d2 and d3.

12/5/2017 3:00 PM
Posted by mullycj on 12/5/2017 3:00:00 PM (view original):
No D1 baseline prestige. Everyone equal at D1? I could go for that world too mbriese. I would love to have an equal shot with a smaller D1 school as Duke and Kentucky have in the game. We suggested that all D1 have the same baseline in Beta several times and were shot down.

The only reason I put this thread out there is for the forum trolls. If the world suggested by this thread were made it would give the forum trolls everything they wanted. The team of their dreams, starting at D1 in a Big 6 school, etc....Bet the house they would still complain about it.
The baseline prestige is what makes Duke duke and UCLA UCLA. Removing baselines for d1 is about the dumbest idea I have seen here. Thar#2hy we have d2 and d3.

That's why the suggestion was for it just to be in one world. You're right in thinking that the results would be a playing experience much more like D2 and D3, but can you imagine how fun it would be to get a group of great coaches together and turn the Ivy League into a top level B6 conference? Imagine what it would be like if the talk track was "ugh, that's 5 championships in a row for the Ohio Valley".
12/5/2017 3:07 PM
Sounds boring. If it’s not hard to do then what’s the point in caring.

12/5/2017 4:09 PM
It's really just a bad idea. I don't know that anyone has said "I should be able to start at Duke." Maybe someone has, I haven't seen it. Beyond that, an Ivy League school shouldn't be as desirable, from a winning standpoint, as UNC.
12/5/2017 4:14 PM
I realize the OP was being sarcastic and over the top, but I do think it would be a cool idea to have some specialty worlds. You could have one that was only D1 with no baseline. Maybe also a turbo world that plays like 3 or 4 games per day. Or even a tournament style world where you have a set duration, say 40 seasons and see who can win the most NCs.

I enjoy the game as it is right now in the 2 a day worlds, but seems like changing it up a bit could make for some added excitement and revenue.
12/5/2017 6:44 PM
Posted by mbriese on 12/5/2017 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 12/5/2017 3:00:00 PM (view original):

That's why the suggestion was for it just to be in one world. You're right in thinking that the results would be a playing experience much more like D2 and D3, but can you imagine how fun it would be to get a group of great coaches together and turn the Ivy League into a top level B6 conference? Imagine what it would be like if the talk track was "ugh, that's 5 championships in a row for the Ohio Valley".
The thing is, with the worlds as empty as they are, and with smaller schools now standing at least a chance in recruiting, it already IS possible to turn a low/mid major conference into a powerhouse conference (and it's not nearly as difficult as people may think). With the right set of coaches, it's entirely possible to make it THE powerhouse conference in a world.
12/7/2017 4:09 AM
Big 6 for everyone! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.