Scoring Calculator Created Topic

A point of LP is more valuable at the 1 than at the 5. Hard to create formulas.
12/6/2017 6:59 PM
And I use formulas a ton. They are just so hard.

I have modfied Hughes Jr's, and at this point, they work well as a time saver. They can break down 250 recruits to 75 recruits when I need 50 pretty easily. Have to do those last 25 manually though.
12/6/2017 7:04 PM
Way more ath in LP.
12/6/2017 7:08 PM
I use formulas in HBD. Each park has a different hitting/pitching formula. My way of thinking says each position in each set needs a different formula.

And, with that said, formulas are good for a general overview but, in the end, the eyeball test should make you consider adjustments.
12/6/2017 7:27 PM
I would also add that scoring as a function of Per or LP is not linear. The difference in impact on scoring between 40 per and 60 per is very different than the difference between 70 per and 90 per. As guys get to "elite" levels of LP/Per, their ability to score drastically increases.

On a broader level, you also have to consider how well a player will score within the context of your team. A stretch PF that can shoot four 3s per game is going to be much more effective if you have a C that can really score down low because it's harder for your opponent to key on one or the other with their +/- setting. It's the same thing with a combo of your bigs' reb and your guards' shooting ability. Guards with high per will be more effective when you have bigs with high reb. Team construction plays a huge role in scoring ability.

12/6/2017 8:30 PM
"I would also add that scoring as a function of Per or LP is not linear. The difference in impact on scoring between 40 per and 60 per is very different than the difference between 70 per and 90 per. As guys get to "elite" levels of LP/Per, their ability to score drastically increases." -tkimble

Mind blown, I've never even once considered that possibility. Anyone else agree with that?
12/6/2017 8:55 PM
Possibly but I also wonder how much IQ has to do with it. While a guy is working his way to 90 PER, his IQ is also moving to A. Olson on my Lander team is a good example of a guy who had PER and IQ move in lockstep while his production increased.
12/7/2017 8:31 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Stats.aspx?tid=3977&pid=3639051

I also moved him from PG to SG for his senior season. I'm sure that changed the equation as well.
12/7/2017 8:33 AM
Posted by fluff_nasty on 12/6/2017 8:55:00 PM (view original):
"I would also add that scoring as a function of Per or LP is not linear. The difference in impact on scoring between 40 per and 60 per is very different than the difference between 70 per and 90 per. As guys get to "elite" levels of LP/Per, their ability to score drastically increases." -tkimble

Mind blown, I've never even once considered that possibility. Anyone else agree with that?
Absolutely, I agree with that.
12/7/2017 8:36 AM
Another reason it's so tough to create formulas is because division matters as well. At D3 if you find one of those rare 90 ATH, 50 LP centers, they will absolutely dominate because of their athleticism-whether they shoot 55% from the floor or get to the line 10 times a game. Put that same player in D1 and they are absolutely useless on the offensive side of the ball.
12/7/2017 8:39 AM
Scoring Calculator Created Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.