Stanton to the Yanks? Topic

Really? Is this bullshit really gonna happen? Well I guess it's good for the Phils...
12/8/2017 11:37 PM
God it happened. I guess the Marlins are gonna become the new Kansas City As.
12/9/2017 9:30 AM
Joel Sherman saying the Marlins aren't getting any of the Yankees top prospects. If they don't get at least Torres, MLB needs to seriously investigate for collusion. At best, Jeter is retarded. At worst, he's an inside man for the Steinbrenners.
12/9/2017 11:24 AM
Is it possible that he's just moving pieces for an Astros style rebuild in Miami?
12/9/2017 12:34 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/9/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Is it possible that he's just moving pieces for an Astros style rebuild in Miami?
Wouldn't it then make sense to eat a bit more of Stanton's contract and get Torres instead of a mid-level prospect? Saving money alone is not gonna get you a top team.
12/9/2017 1:02 PM
Depends on the priority for the near future. Maybe they're looking at a 3-4 year retooling. Torres is probably ready for the majors now. With Castro gone, he could be the #1 candidate to be the starting 2B for the Yankees in 2018.

And saving money now sure does position you better for the future when you do want/need to spend money to fill in the missing pieces when you're ready to make a run.
12/9/2017 1:27 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
One can only hope. Although edso isn't so bad.
12/9/2017 8:35 PM
High praise indeed!!!!!!!

I only find Stanton silly for not accepting the Cardinals as a home. This move means Boston needs to make a move. I am all for getting better.
12/9/2017 9:12 PM
Posted by edsortails on 12/9/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
High praise indeed!!!!!!!

I only find Stanton silly for not accepting the Cardinals as a home. This move means Boston needs to make a move. I am all for getting better.
I'm fairly certain that Boston will make a shrewd move. I'm just hoping they don't
12/9/2017 9:47 PM
I'm guessing they go all in on JD or Hosmer
12/9/2017 10:01 PM
I guessing/hoping jd and abreau....thatll ease the pain
12/10/2017 9:41 AM
12 Next ▸
Stanton to the Yanks? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.