Prestige clarification please Topic

I coach Northern Illinois in World Wooden and I am trying to figure out how I can go 22-9 , get Conference Coach of the Year, get to the second round of the PIT, get a glaringly positive email from my AD and then GO DOWN in Prestige ????!?!?!

I would love to get some explanation from a developer on how this could happen please?
Thanks in advance
Ed
12/9/2017 3:14 PM
Prestige is based on your most recent 4 seasons with more recent seasons mattering more than the last. So while you made the post-season you also had a 1st Round NT appearance drop off of your resume. A 1st round exit in the NT is worth more than even winning the PI. At this point you're a high C and it wouldn't take much to get that C+ back.
12/9/2017 3:19 PM
Go check out my South Dakota team for clarity on how post season success doesn’t equate to prestige remaining.
12/9/2017 3:21 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 12/9/2017 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Go check out my South Dakota team for clarity on how post season success doesn’t equate to prestige remaining.
I'm surprised you dropped but your last season was your worst RPI and yielded your lowest win total of your last 4 seasons. You're probably a very high A.
12/9/2017 4:19 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 12/9/2017 4:19:00 PM (view original):
I'm surprised you dropped but your last season was your worst RPI and yielded your lowest win total of your last 4 seasons. You're probably a very high A.
Oh for sure; I expected to drop, but then went on a little run to end the season. I thought it would keep me at the level, but wasn’t the case. If anything; it’s a good instance in showing that win total and rpi could hold a greater value than actual NT progress.
12/9/2017 4:40 PM
Hey thanks guys for the commentary. That is helpful info darnoc, I didn't realize the 4-season 'feature'. To be honest though, I just have not been happy since the game was overhauled and I have just been playing out my credits. I'm super bummed, because I really liked this game. However, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I will not be returning after this season.
Good luck to all of you and again, thank you for your time in explaining some finer points of the game.
12/12/2017 2:13 AM
Bye Felicia.
12/12/2017 12:24 PM
Posted by elambz on 12/12/2017 2:13:00 AM (view original):
Hey thanks guys for the commentary. That is helpful info darnoc, I didn't realize the 4-season 'feature'. To be honest though, I just have not been happy since the game was overhauled and I have just been playing out my credits. I'm super bummed, because I really liked this game. However, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I will not be returning after this season.
Good luck to all of you and again, thank you for your time in explaining some finer points of the game.
Hate to open up the great debate again. But i just don't get it..... How can someone play a game they love, for YEARS in most cases. A game with so many dynamics. A game that most of us dedicate countless hours to. And just quit cuz changes are made. Just adapt!

At work, i don't quit my job because i have to do something different. It's still the same job.

I just can't see myself loving this game, then CS changes something, and i can't choose the +/- feature during team game planning now, and all of sudden.... I can't stand this game, this sucks, i need to find something else to do.

I know that's not a equal comparison. But come on people. A superb game makes a change, and now it's the worst game ever. And i quit. I just don't get that
12/13/2017 10:45 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 12/9/2017 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Oh for sure; I expected to drop, but then went on a little run to end the season. I thought it would keep me at the level, but wasn’t the case. If anything; it’s a good instance in showing that win total and rpi could hold a greater value than actual NT progress.
I don't think wins and RPI are more important than post season success but they sure are important.
12/13/2017 10:52 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/13/2017 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by beachhouse on 12/9/2017 4:40:00 PM (view original):
I don't think wins and RPI are more important than post season success but they sure are important.
Still makes me wonder what the weighted value is. 3 consecutive S16 appearances somehow equal a drop from A+ to A. It was a flukey S16 run last season; but still doesn’t make much sense.
12/13/2017 11:58 AM
Prestige clarification please Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.