Time to do something Topic

On August 18th we were told a new company SportsHub took over WIS. We were told you were going to do something to the long neglected WIS games. You lied. Same old same old. SportsHub is just as bad as FoxSports. THE worst communications of any business I have ever dealt with in my life. When are you going to do something?? You have had almost 4 months to get people hired and come up with a plan. Well, what is it? What is a rough schedule for when you will do something? Did seble quit SportsHub also?
12/9/2017 3:49 PM
I'd bet SportsHub had no idea how neglected this site was by Fox, and is now wondering WTH they got themselves into.
In all fairness, what Company would believe a website like this would have gone a decade without updating some of it's products.
Would love to see all games here flourish, but that's simply not going to happen.
12/10/2017 11:42 AM
I have been a participant on this site since 2007. I have been a long time Commissioner of progressive leagues in Sim League Baseball, Basketball and Football. I am currently in 5 baseball leagues (3 as Commissioner), 2 basketball leagues (1 as Commissioner) and 2 Football leagues (1 as Commissioner).
The lack of support over the last decade is awful. The baseball sim gets some attention, but the Basketball and Football sims get absolutely no attention over the last decade. Nothing is done to make the Commissioner's job easier in both Basketball and Football. For example:
1. While in baseball you can search for first year (Rookie) players, you cannot do that in either Basketball or Football, so to identify Rookies in a given season you must compare all players in that season to the previous season-a tedious time consuming task.
2. You cannot link seasons to previous seasons in either Basketball or Football as you can in Baseball, so progressive leagues cannot accumulate career statistics unless someone does so manually, an incredibly tedious task.
3. In both Basketball Sim and Football Sim you cannot limit player use to specific seasons as you can in Baseball, so Commissioners can only check manually to make sure all rosters conform to league rules.

Since Commissioners recruit 16-24 participants to their leagues(resulting in income flow to the site) you would think that any reasonable accommodation would be made to encourage users to become Commissioners.

To the best of my knowledge, there have been no significant updates in either Sim League Basketball or Sim League Football in the last decade, despite the fact that numerous posts have been made with suggestions for improvement.

12/14/2017 9:04 AM
Odds are good there will be no reply to the above posts
12/14/2017 9:05 AM
Posted by dspahlinger on 12/14/2017 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Odds are good there will be no reply to the above posts
Along with the same number of improvements as we've seen for the last decade, which is truly a shame, given the potential this site actually has for HUGE following (and therefore HUGE money-making).
12/17/2017 12:25 PM
Maybe we'll all get a huge Valentine's Day surprise.
(right after we all actually see Cupid shoot us in the *ss.)
2/12/2018 10:58 AM
I just created a post about this in the "Whatifsports" forum directly below this one. Contact SportsHub and threaten a boycott. We're the customers, therefore we hold all the power.
2/17/2018 7:11 AM
Posted by mlitney on 2/17/2018 7:11:00 AM (view original):
I just created a post about this in the "Whatifsports" forum directly below this one. Contact SportsHub and threaten a boycott. We're the customers, therefore we hold all the power.
Not when it appears they're hoping this entire site dies so they can use it as a write-off against their other gains.
2/17/2018 10:51 AM
Time to do something Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.