FAs Lowering Their Asking Price Topic

I've noticed that if you've made an offer to an FA, it seems that he doesn't lower his asking price like others do as free agency goes on.

(For instance let's say you had a guy who was intent on testing the market but you threw him an offer for a couple hundred k's above his asking price to see if you can get him during the period when you can negotiate with your own FAs. He declines, you get into regular FA time and after a few periods while everyone starts dropping their demands, he keeps his at initial levels).

What's the deal? Is this a bug? Is there a way to get him to start to be willing to take less?
12/10/2017 1:03 PM
That's the way it works.

If he goes unsigned, once the regular season starts, his demands will start to go down.
12/10/2017 1:11 PM
But is he dropping his price for other people and just not me?
12/10/2017 2:20 PM
His salary demand is the same for everybody. Different people will not see different demands from the same player.
12/10/2017 3:26 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/10/2017 1:11:00 PM (view original):
That's the way it works.

If he goes unsigned, once the regular season starts, his demands will start to go down.
Demands start decreasing at the beginning of Spring Training.
12/10/2017 4:14 PM
Going back to the original post, I believe he's right, if you make an early offer and pull it off the table.

Once other FAs begin to sign, you'll see the unsigned ones' demands drop, which we all expect. But the player you offered will still show your offer as his demand in your signing pool. Obviously his "real" demand is dropping, so you can offer whatever you want since he hasn't signed yet.

12/10/2017 7:22 PM
FAs Lowering Their Asking Price Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.