Best D2 Location Topic

What are the best D2 locations? I know in D3 it is Colorado and PBAU.

There isn't any glaringly obvious ones from looking at the map, Montana St. looks intriguing but its also in a very sparsely populated area.

Nw. Nazarine also looks intriguing but the same problems as Montana St.

West Florida looks like it's in a good spot, with being the only school in lower Alabama Louisiana and Mississippi.

Hawaii schools can have their advantages but also have a lot of problems if D1 Hawaii is human coached or there is more than 1 D2 Hawaii.

Puerto Rico schools are in an interesting spot, but I don't see many strong teams from there so it must not be so great.

Grand Canyon has Arizona all to itself.

LeMoyne has most of New York to itself.

I know a lot depends on where the good coaches are, but are there any clear cut top options? Does anyone have a list of the records of all of the schools over all worlds?

I know that my D2 Grand Valley St. team definitely does not have the best spot, especially when there are a couple of good schools in the GLIAC (though right now I am all on my lonesome), there is a lot of water around me.

Side note, I think Lake Surperior St. has the worst location besides Alaska.
12/10/2017 8:04 PM (edited)
Stats, School records on the home page will give all school records.
12/10/2017 8:03 PM
Puerto Rico is a lot stronger in 3.0.
12/10/2017 8:20 PM
Chadron, N.W Naz, and one of the Washington schools (assuming the others are sim) are all great.
12/10/2017 9:25 PM
The strongest school in D2, IMO, has always been a function of what geographic region of the country has the fewest human-owned D1 teams. I'm not sure any specific school sets up outstandingly better the way a Colorado or PBA do at D3. I talked with someone about the Billings position once and was told it was analogous to Sul Ross St. in D3...a program that seems like it would have advantages, but that instead rarely gets anything generating around it (Dakota players spawn to the eastern edge of those states generally, Montana recruits spawn in the west, making them closer to the Ore and Wash. programs than the Billings program...Wyoming recruits are equidistant from the Colorado bevy of D2 schools and Chadron, etc.). Almost any of the D2 Cal. conference schools are simply delicious if there's not enough mid-major/low major human teams taking the abundance of D1 prospects the state produces. Ditto for D2 programs in Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Louisiana if the Texas/Louisiana lower tier schools are largely void of humans. You can go around to the other high-density D1 areas and it'll be the same, the only catch being the further east/northeast you go, the more density of teams you have overall so the easier it is for someone to place pressure on your backyard.
12/10/2017 10:42 PM
Delta State is a very nice location as well. It is in Mississippi, so you can recruit in Louisiana, which always has great recruits. But in 3.0, you can recruit at a greater distance than you could in 2.0. I had good success at North Dakota when I was there for a few years. I don't think I ever had any players from there, but if you cast a wide net and unlock lots of scholarships, you can find good players pretty much from any location.
12/10/2017 11:38 PM
I would say location matters less in DII and DIII in 3.0 but more in DI.
12/11/2017 8:27 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 12/11/2017 8:27:00 AM (view original):
I would say location matters less in DII and DIII in 3.0 but more in DI.
I think location matters waaaay less in 3.0 for D1.

I still don't see a ton of cross country recruiting but you certainly don't see people stopping at the 360 range like they used to.

The best D2 spot is always where the human D1 coaches aren't. It really isn't that big a deal at D2 and D3.
12/11/2017 11:03 AM
Location is less important in D1. Since it's almost empty in D3 worlds, tough to say... but in D2, you are a bit at the mercy of D1 owned teams.
12/11/2017 11:14 AM
Best D2 Location Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.