How do I recruiting with the top teams in my world Topic

Looking at the consistent top teams it seems they have players with overalll ratings higher then I am currently able to achieve. They sometimes have players rated over 700 as seniors in Div. 3 and such and I am not sure if they are effectively recruiting lower level players from the next level who would be rated higher or doing something I am not aware of with practice that I am not. Can you guys give me advice on taking my team to the next level where I can compete with the big boys in the playoffs. Thanks for any and all advice and I really appreciate it. Recruiting starts tommorow so I am excited to start doing this the best way possible...
12/12/2017 7:43 PM
I should have checked what I typed on the topic line. I meant recruit instead of recruiting...
12/12/2017 7:50 PM
For starters your team's vision isn't up to par with some of the better teams. You should see a big improvement in the players you can see next recruiting season. For now focus on players with above avg or sky's the limit potential. Also don't necessarily focus on overall rating, that is worthless in WIS. Focus on the core attributes for each position.

When it comes to practice, be sure you have 15+ minutes into each formation you do, including special teams. The rest to individual practice.
12/12/2017 8:29 PM
Use the position roles to tailor your ratings for recruits. It’s a huge help in getting the most bang for your buck especially when your vision is lower than the top teams. If you want more info feel free to sitemail a consistent top recruiter.
12/12/2017 8:52 PM
Just win, baby! You need to schedule all of your non-conference games against teams you know you can beat. Your future vision is solely based on how many wins your team has had over the past 3 seasons. Your vision will not start to improve dramatically until your 3-year win total exceeds 45.
12/12/2017 10:56 PM
12/12/2017 10:59 PM
First and foremost....dump the idea of looking at overall rating. It is a MEANINGLESS figure. Ignore it completely. To start with...use the GUESS formulas (ratings). These are weighted formulas that focus on the IMPORTANT attributes for specific positions.

Second, it was mentioned above....WINS. 'That is how you get to "see" more players.

Third....don't go crazy right away...you have to "learn" how to recruit. There are some threads on this topic and I'm sure many coaches will help you as well. If you can't perform the actual task of recruiting you cannot get the results you desire.
12/13/2017 8:52 AM
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am going take it to heart and build with the new information that I have learned. It is great how the best of the best are willing to help those of us who are learning. Thanks again and best of luck to you all...
12/13/2017 11:09 AM
How do I recruiting with the top teams in my world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.