Even with preferences, I’d assume it’s virtually impossible to beat out a human coach in a higher division. Right?
12/15/2017 2:00 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 12/15/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Even with preferences, I’d assume it’s virtually impossible to beat out a human coach in a higher division. Right?
It happens more than you'd think.
12/15/2017 2:12 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/15/2017 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 12/15/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
It happens more than you'd think.
Especially if the lower division coach has been on a player from the beginner and the higher division coach is jumping in late because he lost some earlier recruiting battles.
12/15/2017 2:18 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 12/14/2017 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by troonboy on 12/14/2017 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Benis,
Are you saying it's not true?
Of course it's true. All of it. Talk with anyone who participated in beta and will give you a straight answer. Don't be distracted by those guys trying to hijack the thread with personal attacks.
Not true. I was in Beta. I started off in Beta favoring no division limitations except cash and impact of AP. By the end I supported the red light and I was a D3 coach at Virginia Wesleyan in ALLEN at the time. Tried D2 in Beta and was pulling in 4-5 stars at Tiffin. I had no interest in moving to D1 prior to 3.0. Some of the coaches had D2 teams that were D1 top 15 caliber and D3 teams that would be contenders for the D1 National Tournament. My D2 Tiffin team was equal to my Southern Mississippi team this season and I lost in the D2 National Tournament to a better team.

I know some of the best recruiters in the game aren't at D1. Take away those red lights and those coaches will out recruit half of the humans in D1 Big 6 conferences today.
12/15/2017 10:02 PM (edited)
"I know some of the best recruiters in the game aren't at D1. Take away those red lights and those coaches will out recruit half of the humans in D1 Big 6 conferences today."

Exactly, beagles fan. That is entirely consistent with what I said. Beta was waaay empty and recruits fell to lower division teams like apples falling off a tree in a windstorm. D1 coaches panicked, flooded the forums with their complaints, and Seble responded to that. Some lower division coaches also felt threatened by the availability of good recruits, thought maybe they wouldn't get their share, and were sold on the "red light." It does nothing positive for the game, ruins a lot of valid efforts by lower division coaches, and at any rate would be utterly unnecessary in worlds that were a bit more populated with humans.
12/16/2017 2:57 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 12/16/2017 2:57:00 AM (view original):
"I know some of the best recruiters in the game aren't at D1. Take away those red lights and those coaches will out recruit half of the humans in D1 Big 6 conferences today."

Exactly, beagles fan. That is entirely consistent with what I said. Beta was waaay empty and recruits fell to lower division teams like apples falling off a tree in a windstorm. D1 coaches panicked, flooded the forums with their complaints, and Seble responded to that. Some lower division coaches also felt threatened by the availability of good recruits, thought maybe they wouldn't get their share, and were sold on the "red light." It does nothing positive for the game, ruins a lot of valid efforts by lower division coaches, and at any rate would be utterly unnecessary in worlds that were a bit more populated with humans.
classic case of hearing what you want to hear.

Did you read the part where he said he was a non D1 coach who supported the decision? I was also a non D1 coach who supported it. Your narrative is old, boring and untrue. Give it a rest.
12/16/2017 8:00 AM
"utterly unnecessary in worlds that were a bit more populated with humans."

Have you seen the population numbers lately? Getting closer to beta levels every day.
12/16/2017 8:01 AM
Also, l80r20 wasn't in beta. How would you know anything about it?
12/16/2017 8:10 AM
I recruited a 90th recruit in the country (was about 20 miles away) that I had an insane preference match (5 very goods or something, I have it written down somewhere), who signed early. I put on 80 AP per cycle and literally out recruited C+ DI who said he went all in (with bit many APs). He had poor preferences and I just beat him VH/Moderate. The red light was needed and the player was insane.

His name was Richard Devries and he was insane. Started with low 90s Ath De Sp and had green Per Pa Bh. Ended with pretty much all 95 and up. The best guard I've ever recruited was DII.
12/16/2017 9:22 AM
We get it Benis, you either like the red light or you like to argue. It would help your case if (a) you could make a cogent argument for it instead of your silly personal comments, and/or (2) the red light actually helped the game. Overall, it doesn't. I'm confident Seble put it in as a temporary measure.
12/16/2017 11:26 AM
"D1 coaches felt so threatened by lower division schools and complained mightily in the forums during beta"

Silly personal comments.
12/16/2017 4:32 PM
" It would help your case if (a) you could make a cogent argument for it ..."

I knew you couldn't. Don't feel bad.
12/16/2017 8:51 PM
Its like arguing with a Rock Benis....except Rocks are more intelligent and have better personalities.

What Spud NEVER got through his hard head was the red light was put in to protect DIII coaches who would get even more crushed by the DIII vets who would have been able to pull down multiple DI recruits more easily. The fact that Spud still thinks DI coaches are scared of losing players to DIII schools gives you a sense of his knowledge of DI. But what would you expect from someone who hides behind alt IDs.
12/16/2017 10:43 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 12/16/2017 8:51:00 PM (view original):
" It would help your case if (a) you could make a cogent argument for it ..."

I knew you couldn't. Don't feel bad.
"How would you know that? You didn't participate in Beta."

I knew you couldn't answer this. Don't feel bad.
12/17/2017 7:45 PM (edited)
"the red light was put in to protect DIII coaches"

I remember that urban myth well. It was thoroughly debunked in the beta forums. I'm surprised that anyone would even trot it out any more.
12/17/2017 11:12 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.