Annual Rupp Round Robin Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Last season's RPI
Hartford 223
FD-306
Texas A-202
Lamar-68
UNC A-247

Wonder who will win the inaugural tourney?
12/16/2017 10:00 AM
We'll need 5 slots to do this for the five of us, as somebody has to get a "bye" in each slot, where they play a non-RR game I'll suggest slots 6-10 of our non-conference games in season 101.

I've come up with a tentative schedule. We each get two home games and two road games. The two Southland guys throw a wrench into things. Looking for feedback.

6: UNC-Ashville @ Lamar, and Texas-Arlington @ Farleigh Dickenson (Hartford with the bye)
7: Hartford @ Texas-Arlington, and Lamar @ Farleigh Dickenson (UNC-Ashville with the bye)
8: UNC-Ashville @ Texas-Arlington, and Farleigh Dickenson @ Hartford (Lamar with the bye)
9: Lamar @ Hartford, and Farleigh-Dickenson @ UNC-Ashville (Texas-Arlington with the bye)
10: Hartford @ UNC-Ashville (Lamar, Texas-Arlington and Farleigh Dickenson with the bye)

Slot 10 should have also included Texas-Arlington @ Lamar, but since they play in the same conference, that's not an option for an NC game. So we'll have to use their regular season matchup at Lamar as the final game of the RR.

It would be nice to find a way to declare a "champion" of the Round Robin, but with 5 teams playing only 4 games, there's a high probability of a tie. So we would need to come up up with some sort of tiebreaker rule. I'll suggest H2H as the obvious first tie-breaker in case of a two way tie, but if it's more than two teams, then a second tiebreaker might be point-differential in games between the tied teams. A third tiebreaker would be fewest points allowed in games between the tied teams.

Should there be a prize? The 4 losers each send the winner a $5 WIS GC?

Looking for thoughts and feedback from the five teams involved.
12/16/2017 10:34 PM
Tec, I like it. The prize incentive is nice to go along with bragging rights as well.
12/16/2017 11:33 PM
Ah, now I get the "we need 5" ramblings. Lamar/T-A will play twice in conference. Suggest we use their first game each season for our little tourney.
12/17/2017 7:22 AM
First game would be ideal, but it should also make sure to fit into the home/away proposal from tec. Maybe we can use our first game as a guideline? If it’s at Lamar, I get 1 other home game.
12/17/2017 8:34 AM
Yeah, that would work. We can just tweak the NC games once we know your conference schedule.
12/17/2017 8:37 AM
byeags I wouldn't worry about playing me home or away. Your team is going to Rule me in either location. Your team is hands down the favorite in this round robin
12/17/2017 9:12 AM
Let's get this done ASAP tomorrow.
12/20/2017 8:46 AM
Sounds good to me.
12/20/2017 10:14 AM
Wow! This looks awesome. Ive always wanted to be apart of a round robin tourney, especially one with prizes.
12/20/2017 11:02 AM
You're in the Little E. Work your way up in Rupp. Sign ups today!!!
12/20/2017 11:51 AM
So if I’m reading right, I have byes in slot 8 and 10. One of those will essentially be filled by the game against runrun to give me 4 games total.
12/20/2017 3:03 PM
Correct.

You're free to schedule anybody you want outside of the RR tournament in slots 8 and 10.
12/20/2017 3:06 PM
It's the ARRR!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored by Pirates of the Caribbean.
12/20/2017 3:13 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
Annual Rupp Round Robin Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.