Questions about promised minutes and GPA Topic

Some of this has been talked about before but I still had some unanswered questions after looking through other posts.

So I have a freshman who I promised 10 minutes. Which was a mistake to begin with, hes not that good yet.

1. He rejected a red shirt. For future reference, even if he did accept a RS would he still be mad about not getting those minutes?

2. His GPA is 2.4, so lets say I give him 0 study hall minutes and try and get him to flunk. In that case would he still get mad about not getting minutes? I've also never had a player become ineligible during the season, I'm assuming it counts as a year of eligibility right?

3. Last year I only gave 4.4 mins a game to someone I promised 10 and he never complained. So is my best option to do something like that and see if he says anything? Are there any other ways around the minute promise?

He has greens in the right places so maybe by the second half of the year I'll feel better about him but for now I don't really have room for him. Again, lesson learned on making promises that I shouldn't have.

Thanks for the input in advance!

12/16/2017 10:28 PM
1. A player promised minutes will NEVER accept a redshirt.
2. I used to skimp heavily on study hall minutes, when a player flunks he will miss a period of the season but still practice. If he is not redshirted that season, it will count as a year of eligibility.
3. Some players complain and some don’t. When they do, they take a WE hit which will slow down their growth rate. A way around it would be to not promise minutes to player who you aren’t planning on playing!!

Giving high potential players starts & minutes will make their WE rise thus causing them to improve faster.
12/16/2017 11:34 PM
im probably wrong
but i thought inels did not practice.

if they do... then heck yeah i would be letting alot of freshmen flunk out a semester
12/16/2017 11:50 PM
Posted by oldave on 12/16/2017 11:50:00 PM (view original):
im probably wrong
but i thought inels did not practice.

if they do... then heck yeah i would be letting alot of freshmen flunk out a semester
Well players that start the season ineligible for sure don't practice, I have no idea about mid season inels, but zags seemed pretty confident that they do practice, so thats nice.

Will they complain about not getting their minutes if they're a mid season inel though?
12/16/2017 11:58 PM
i think they complain when they are hurt... but maybe that has changed too

i guess bottom line is i dont know
12/17/2017 12:40 AM
Questions about promised minutes and GPA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.