Forgetting a promised start Topic

OK, so I forgot to start a player for some reason and got this message after the 7th game. Is it too late to get him to decide to stay? If he is going to leave anyway, I'd rather not start him, because he is not that great, plus the greens have changed to blue faster than what I expected, so his ceiling is not as high as I had hoped. He did gain 1 WE after the first start, going from 29 to 30, but did not gain any in his second start.

Coach, this may not mean a lot to you, but well, I'm pretty much a laughing stock around campus - I told everyone that they I'd be THE starter. No way would have I done that if you hadn't promised it to me. I've already missed 7 starting opportunities.

Timothy Robbins
12/17/2017 8:22 AM
After you get the message, the clock essentially resets. If you start him the rest of the way you will have fulfilled the promise and he'll gain back his WE.
12/17/2017 9:15 AM
you should tell him he should get busy livin or get busy dyin?
12/17/2017 10:40 AM
He seems pretty ordinary
12/17/2017 11:41 AM
Yes - I debated kind of hard about him to begin with, but he had a lot of green when I recruited him, and I was hoping that he had much more potential than it looks like he does. I just don't want to hurt my reputation by not keeping promises. I know that has some impact on recruiting, though I do not know how much. Thanks Tkimble - are you sure about that?
12/17/2017 4:22 PM
hard to be 100% sure of anything, but what kimble says is consistent with my experience
12/17/2017 4:45 PM
Just got this message 4 games after the last one, and his WE went back to 51. which is still 7 less than the start of the season:

I know coaches say a lot of things when they're trying to recruit kids, but I'm glad that you actually kept your word. Starting means a lot to me.

Timothy Robbins
12/18/2017 9:40 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 12/18/2017 9:40:00 AM (view original):
Just got this message 4 games after the last one, and his WE went back to 51. which is still 7 less than the start of the season:

I know coaches say a lot of things when they're trying to recruit kids, but I'm glad that you actually kept your word. Starting means a lot to me.

Timothy Robbins
This means he's back on board and won't likely leave at the end of the season (unless you stop starting him again at which point he'll send you yet another mail message and probably an even worse WE drop).

You won't likely recover the remaining lost WE except for normal WE growth you'll get from giving him starts/minutes.
12/18/2017 11:59 AM
Forgetting a promised start Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.