17-18 Player Watch Topic

LeBron - 63.2 eFG%, 28/8/9??? I guess that makes him the best two way player in the SIM - or was he already?
DeMarcus Cousins - 53.4 eFG%, very good rebounding as usual. 5.1 APG/5.2 TOPG. 1st round pick?
The Freakin' Greek Freak - 30/11/5? guess he's a top 15 pick now.
The Process - sheesh.
Harden, yadayadayada

Post ya faves.
12/18/2017 12:07 AM
they've stopped giving Lebron 90s on D so unless he makes the all D team IRL 12-13 is still prolly best 2-way
12/18/2017 10:52 AM
Embiid may be on track to get to the second round of, say, the dh52 league. But that's assuming his D rating is phenomenal, and even then he may be comparable to Kemp's best season. Similar negatives, but lesser efg%.

And Lebron, yeah, he has been tearing it up stat-wise. I agree with copernicus that the D rating will probably keep this from being James' best season in the sim, but he's cemented himself as the cream of the cream in a progressive league - at least, among players not named Wilt.
12/18/2017 11:02 AM
What is WIS criteria for positional effectiveness? Looking at the basketball reference position estimate table is not really correlated.
Curious how someone like Giannis gets classified since he is playing more PF, but probably “should” get the Lebron treatment and and be 100% at 4 positions.
They haven’t really done that in past with him though, not sure why the difference vs Lebron.
1/1/2018 9:58 PM
I believe it's an algorithm using size/weight and some stats like assists and perimeter rating or such like - so Giannis being 6'11" vs Lebron being 6'8" plus shooting some 3s may make the difference (somewhat educated guess)
1/7/2018 12:46 PM (edited)
When will they be available
1/17/2018 11:20 PM
some time after the season ends several months from now
1/18/2018 7:13 AM
Methinks Embiid's dip in efficiency, plus his consistently high fouls, will keep him from being a first rounder in higher cap leagues.
2/13/2018 11:16 AM
This should be Giannis' best season, though, if his D rating lands in the 80s.
2/13/2018 11:18 AM
Giannis a first team defense lock, no?
esp with Leonard and Gobert hurt
2/13/2018 11:49 AM
First team defense a crapshoot. Here’s who I think might make it (not who the best 5 defenders actually are. For some reason Drummond rates as best defender last two years by metrics but no way he gets voted:)

Chris Paul (reputation pick and lack of other options)
Kevin Durant (everyone raving, seems like momentum is there for this)
Giannis (second team last year, ascension inevitable)
Paul George (stud)
Al Horford (reward team defense, Jaylen Brown also possible, and he will prob be second team if not first team).

Others
Ben Simmons
Deandre Jordan
Kyle Anderson

thoughts?
2/13/2018 12:06 PM
No Embiid or Whiteside consideration?
2/13/2018 1:04 PM
And I forgot the obvious Draymond. He’s on.

Embiid and Whiteside good too, not sure enough minutes for the latter.
2/13/2018 1:26 PM
embiid needs to be 1st team at center...horford only plays half his mins at center and doesnt anchor his team the way embiid does...we are 4th in d-rating and its all because of embiid...i think we are ranked first overall when hes on the court and bottom 5 when hes off

ltb...yea no way embiid is a 1st rounder(after his initial 52 draft when i take him of course)...maybe a 2nd rounder but i think you were right earlier with the kemp comparison...jojo is a goofball and will always have turnover problems...between them i would probably go with kemp and his higher mins...embiid will probably finish around 2000

embiid/sabonis or embiid/yao or even embiid/90-91 hakeem if he falls sounds pretty good
2/13/2018 2:07 PM
jkaye im impressed with the simmons consideration for 2nd team defense...i didnt think people really knew about his defense...its been the biggest surprise about him...he can switch anything and has amazing instincts...i think hes very deserving of a guard spot(certainly over cp3) but i doubt he gets the votes
2/13/2018 2:12 PM
12 Next ▸
17-18 Player Watch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.