wylie715"s music thread Topic

since I'm not allowed to post in dino's thread anymore, I'll post m lists here if anyone is interested. They're fun to do and I'm always seeing albums on other people's list that I forgot about or want to check out.
12/19/2017 6:55 PM
As we can't see your 2010 list anymore that might be a good place to start.
12/19/2017 7:08 PM
yeah, it might be. I thought I still had it but I can't find it. Oh well, I guess I can do it again.
12/19/2017 7:31 PM
I like U2
12/20/2017 8:10 AM
thanks, I'm not all that fond of u
12/20/2017 12:10 PM
That made me laugh...........

I'm not fond of the Buzzkills
12/20/2017 12:22 PM
Here's my 2010 list (again) in no particular order:

Listening Booth 1970 - Marc Cohn
The Open Road - John Hiatt
The Mystery and the Hum - Peter Himmelman
Come Around Sundown - Kings of Leon
God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise - Ray LaMontagne & the Pariah Dogs
The Promise - Bruce Springsten
Lonely Avenue - Ben Folds and Bruce Hornsby
Mojo - TP and the Heartbreakers
Somewhere In Time - reckless kelly
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
To The Sea - Jack Johnson
Rain on the City - Freedy Johnston
In Memory of Loss - Nathaniel Rateliff
Imaginary Television - Graham Parker
12/20/2017 12:53 PM
here's 2011 in no particular order:
A Perfect Day - Bob Schneider
Not So Loud - The Bottle Rockets
Ceremonials - Florence and the Machine
My Head is an Animal - Of Monsters and Men
Goblin - Tyler the Creator (for my son, again)
Revelator - Tedeschi Trucks Band
Blessed - Lucinda Williams
How I Go - Kenny Wayne Shepherd
The Head and the Heart - The Head and the Heart
Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns - John Hiatt
12/21/2017 12:18 PM
I missed that Bottle Rockets release!!! Gonna have to find it!

I may be good for one more LP list (2011) after this one, but honestly I pretty much stopped buying what passes for Rock and roll around in this period.
What I still buy (and listen to) most probably wouldn't call rock and roll anymore. So I'll probably be ceasing these lists soon. Meantime my 2010 list!

1. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers --- "Mojo" (Their best! A band of brothers/professionals at the peaks of their abilities creating blues roots-rock masterpieces from Tom's songs and inspiration without ANY other consideration but making the best music they could make! REPEAT: THIS is the Best full band {Heartbreakers} release that we'll {sadly} now be able to hear. "Poor Tom Jefferson loved the little maid out back, Midnight creepin' out to the servant's shack" Those are the first lyrics of the LP and it just gets better!!!)
2. Buddy & Julie Miller --- "Written In Chalk" (Stupendous performances on haunting songs! A bit of help from friends Robert Plant and Emmylou Harris here and there.) **
3. John Common & Blinding Flashes Of Light --- (Self-titled) (Beautiful songs, beautifully performed, contains the best Pop single that no one {well, a few of us have!} ever heard "Love Is A Shark" Find it, listen to it.........you'll be hooked!)
4. Robert Plant --- "Band Of Joy" (Still making striking original rock that grabs and moves you........ what else is there?)
5. Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses --- "Junky Star" (More roadhouse swagger from the gravelly voiced Bingham. Produced By T-Bone Burnett)
6. Robert Earl Keen ---- "Rose Hotel" (Robert's best. Grows on you with every listen. I listen to this often still!) **
7. Drive By Truckers --- "The Big To-Do" (More careening in between genre rock and roll, without Isbell!)
8. Works Progress Administration --- "WPA" (This is an odd one. A "band" consisting of Sean and Sara Watkins, Glen Phillips, Luke Bulla, Benmont Tench, Greg Leisz, Davey Faragher and a drummer from LA I can't remember right now put this out. It varies from pop to country to just weird....... but it's all good! Google search the band members!) **
9. Jakob Dylan --- "Women + Children" (Dylan's kid goes it alone {no Wallflowers on this one} with the help of producer T-Bone Burnett The result is my favorite of his!)
10. BoDeans --- "Mr. Sad Clown" (This one is produced by Kurt himself. A bit of a harbinger of things to come as Kurt really shines on this one)

Honorable Mention to Kevin Welch for his "A Patch of Blue Sky"

** These are actually 2009 releases BUT I didn't begin to listen/get into them until 2010 as they were (most likely) my Christmas gifts to myself that year, :-)
12/21/2017 1:09 PM
Thanks for making these lists. It takes time and effort.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
12/21/2017 7:27 PM
here's my 2012 list in no particular order (also more than 10)
Bear Creek - Brandi Carlile
Mystic Pinball - John Hiatt
American Made - BoDeans
Babel - Mumford & Sons
Boys & Girls - Alabama Shakes
The Lumineers - The Lumineers
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
California 37 - Train
Agnostic Hymns and Stoner Fables - Todd Snider
The Carpenter - The Avett Brothers
Privateering - Mark Knopfler
Charmer - Aimee Mann
Black Eye Galaxy - Anders Osborne
12/28/2017 4:11 PM
Also, you can post about other subjects in this thread. It doesn't have to be about music. I won't redline you. Just don't expect me to respond if its about politics.
12/28/2017 4:12 PM
Two former Packers DBs (Casey Heyward and Micah Hyde) were named to the Pro Bowl this season.

No current Packers were named to the Pro Bowl this season.

Good job, Ted!!!!
12/28/2017 4:42 PM
gotta love them Packers! Go Cheeseheads!
12/28/2017 5:51 PM
HORNED FROGGIES WIN!!!!!! TAKE THAT, STUPID CARDINAL!!!!
12/29/2017 11:01 AM
12 Next ▸
wylie715"s music thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.