Tax Cuts Consequences Topic

Boeing

- $100 million for corporate giving, with funds used to support demand for employee gift-match programs and for investments in Boeing's focus areas for charitable giving: in education, in our communities, and for veterans and military personnel.

- $100 million for workforce development in the form of training, education, and other capabilities development to meet the scale needed for rapidly evolving technologies and expanding markets.

- $100 million for "workplace of the future" facilities and infrastructure enhancements for Boeing employees.

AT&T

- Invest an additional $1 billion into its U.S. networks in 2018 and give hundreds of thousands of employees a one-time bonus after the passage of the Republican-led tax bill in Congress.
- As many as 200,000 employees will receive a bonus of $1,000 under the plan, according to AT&T.?

- Among the biggest beneficiaries of the legislation, analysts say, will be the telecom industry. AT&T's effective tax rate is currently 32.7 percent.?

Comcast

- Comcast on Wednesday announced that it will give $1,000 to over 100,000 of its employees as a result of the passage of tax-cut legislation in Congress, as well as the FCC's repeal of net neutrality.?
- Invest $50 billion over the next five years in infrastructure towards its “broadband plant and capacity, and our television, film and theme park offerings.”
- Comcast says that it expects to bring on thousands of new employees as a result of the investments.

Wells Fargo & Fifth Third Bank

- Wells Fargo said Wednesday that it would boost minimum wages for employees to $15 an hour, following Fifth Third's similar announcement.
- FT said it was also give a one time bonus similar to AT&T
- Well Fargo will also donate $400 Mil to charities.

12/21/2017 8:42 AM
Proof?

I listed facts. You listed opinions.
12/21/2017 10:41 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This thread is dedicated to the consequences of the 2017 tax cut.

Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg "praised" the tax bill as "a critical driver of business, economic growth and innovation for the United States and for Boeing,"
12/21/2017 11:11 AM (edited)
I didn't vote for Bush, you did, Jeff. LOL
12/21/2017 11:18 AM
  • It is 21% because they ultimately want to make it 15%. It could have been any arbitrary number.
  • Comcast provides cable services overseas? Do tell
I do not see any facts in your posts. Sorry. Just opinions, hyperbole and criticism.

12/21/2017 11:30 AM

Major companies including Cisco Systems Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. say they’ll turn over most gains from proposed corporate tax cuts to their shareholders, undercutting President Donald Trump’s promise that his plan will create jobs and boost wages for the middle class.

The president has held fast to his pledge even as top executives’ comments have run counter to it for months. Instead of hiring more workers or raising their pay, many companies say they’ll first increase dividends or buy back their own shares.

Robert Bradway, chief executive of Amgen Inc., said in an Oct. 25 earnings call that the company has been “actively returning capital in the form of growing dividend and buyback and I’d expect us to continue that.” Executives including Coca-Cola CEO James Quincey, Pfizer Chief Financial Officer Frank D’Amelio and Cisco CFO Kelly Kramer have recently made similar statements.

12/21/2017 2:25 PM
Obviously the shareholders will buy more stuff, forcing the manufacturers of said stuff to hire more staff.
12/21/2017 4:52 PM
Buying back stock increases the value so thats not bad.
12/21/2017 5:00 PM
but it doesn't help the middle class
12/21/2017 5:26 PM
Job growth will produce competition for workers, that should produce wage growth. If businesses gear up as they say, we should see an increase of tax revenue. Hopefully to pay for the bill, and to begin to pay down the debt without cutting spending. Even Obama proposed a 28% corporate rate...

I want to see Trump speak of African Americans obtaining the opportunity to build wealth. He could make great gains in getting their vote. The average white family possesses 10x the wealth that a black family has. And the gap is widening. Better opportunities for better paying jobs is long overdue for them.

Taint I don't disagree with your point. We may not get the growth we want. But we sure weren't getting it before...

If the Wall Street fat cats are the only winners, we will need to take a different approach. I know as investors they're due their cut, but we need to see a boost too...
12/21/2017 6:39 PM (edited)
can't argue against cash to the troops

it's a direct stimulus right to the spenders, that and pay raises

we needed stimulus ten years ago but the tea party said no. now they're like For the rich man we'll do it, for the black man never

its wrong to put money directly in the hands of the poor and disabled and unemployed but its right to give it to corporations and let them trickle it down as they will

such a perverted sop to the holders of real estate. companies that make something or serve someone grow an economy. land just lays there and sucks money out of the pockets of doers. dirtbag lairds wanted to kill the estate tax. that's what we need in this country, landed gentry and kings

we may need stimulus soon, the yield curve is inverting--but of course half the time that's a false alarm

this maybe just what the doctor ordered to forestall recession, get us some inflation, and push interests rates back somewhere normal

but the doctor is a quack. where's my roads bridges ports rails and pipelines

12/21/2017 7:01 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/21/2017 7:01:00 PM (view original):
can't argue against cash to the troops

it's a direct stimulus right to the spenders, that and pay raises

we needed stimulus ten years ago but the tea party said no. now they're like For the rich man we'll do it, for the black man never

its wrong to put money directly in the hands of the poor and disabled and unemployed but its right to give it to corporations and let them trickle it down as they will

such a perverted sop to the holders of real estate. companies that make something or serve someone grow an economy. land just lays there and sucks money out of the pockets of doers. dirtbag lairds wanted to kill the estate tax. that's what we need in this country, landed gentry and kings

we may need stimulus soon, the yield curve is inverting--but of course half the time that's a false alarm

this maybe just what the doctor ordered to forestall recession, get us some inflation, and push interests rates back somewhere normal

but the doctor is a quack. where's my roads bridges ports rails and pipelines

Your quack spent it. TRILLIONS. Most of it went to Unions so they could give some back for the party and the next election.

The one you lost.

The rest of us call it MONEY LAUNDERING.

WHERE ARE MY ROADS AND BRIDGES YOU PROMISED OBAMA?

WHERE IS MY $2,500 ON HEALTH CARE SAVINGS?

WHERE IS MY DOCTOR?

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU DISAPPEAR TO? POT SMOKER HEAVEN?
12/21/2017 7:16 PM
1|2|3...29 Next ▸
Tax Cuts Consequences Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.