Tax Cuts Consequences Topic

U.S. Bank of America employees making up to $150,000 per year in total compensation – about 145,000 teammates – will receive a one-time bonus of $1,000 by year-end.
12/25/2017 8:49 AM
New Braunfels-based Rush Enterprises of Texas is giving each of its 6,600 employees a $1,000 bonus – a total of $6.6 million. Chief Financial Officer Steven Keller said: “You’ve got a choice – we could’ve kept it and stuffed it in the company bank account or coffers, or we can share it with the people.”
Associated Bank in Wisconsin boosted its minimum hourly wage to $15 and paying workers a $500 bonus.
Idaho health-care and home-products company Melaleuca Inc. is providing its 2,000 employees $100 bonuses for every year they worked for the company. The company has 147 employees who have worked for the company for 20 years or more.
12/25/2017 8:50 AM
Washington Federal in Seattle will increase wages for most of its workers by 5 percent and is adding 25 people to its information-technology staff.
12/25/2017 8:50 AM
Aquesta Financial Holdings in Cornelius, N.C., will raise hourly pay to $15 and will be giving $1,000 bonuses to all of it workers.
12/25/2017 8:51 AM
First Hawaiian Bank said it will give out $1,500 cash bonuses to 2,264 employees, or all but 11 members of its senior management team. The state’s largest bank also will increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour from $12.75 an hour for 613 employees.
12/25/2017 8:51 AM
Bank of Hawaii, the state’s second-largest bank, said it will give out $1,000 cash bonuses to 2,074 employees, or 95 percent of its workforce. The bonuses affect all employees below the senior vice president level. The bank also will increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour from $12 an hour.
12/25/2017 8:52 AM
American Savings Bank, the third-largest bank in Hawaii, said it will award $1,000 bonuses to nearly all of its employees. In addition, the bank said it was increasing its starting wage to $15.25 an hour from $12.21 an hour.
12/25/2017 8:52 AM
Liberals should be very pleased that through the tax cut, many companies are giving out $15 for a starting wage.
12/25/2017 8:53 AM
Love it. Keep em coming. Thank you.
12/25/2017 9:39 AM
Posted by The Taint on 12/24/2017 5:16:00 PM (view original):
How about that ATT

AT&T will layoff and fire more than a thousand workers starting early next year, according to local reports.

Across the Midwest, an estimated 600 workers were notified they were being laid off by the company on December 16, a week before the company announced it was doling out $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 of its employees in celebration of the Republican Party's tax overhaul.

The telecommunications giant told the Chicago Tribune in a statement that the layoffs were part of its “workforce adjustment" strategy for its declining legacy services.

They don't need as many landline service techs. But they are giving a raise to people they do want/need. It is called capitalism.
12/25/2017 9:40 AM
Posted by DougOut on 12/23/2017 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 12/22/2017 1:34:00 AM (view original):
15%? another 15% with pensions gonna die soon?

i got a buddy from work has a pension. he gets $300 a month direct deposited for the rest of his life

its not worthless. he could be residing under a bridge some day and that cash will keep him in ramen noodles and girlfriends

i am pretty sure he spends it on beer and cigarettes and breakfasts out with his wife right now
THAT'S HORRIBLE! ONLY $300. For how many years doing what?

I wish my boss would give me a pension. THAT along with my 401K and SOCIAL SECURITY and my LIFES SAVINGS....NOW WE'RE TALKING SOME MONEY!
15 years in a sawmill
12/30/2017 3:37 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/30/2017 3:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 12/23/2017 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 12/22/2017 1:34:00 AM (view original):
15%? another 15% with pensions gonna die soon?

i got a buddy from work has a pension. he gets $300 a month direct deposited for the rest of his life

its not worthless. he could be residing under a bridge some day and that cash will keep him in ramen noodles and girlfriends

i am pretty sure he spends it on beer and cigarettes and breakfasts out with his wife right now
THAT'S HORRIBLE! ONLY $300. For how many years doing what?

I wish my boss would give me a pension. THAT along with my 401K and SOCIAL SECURITY and my LIFES SAVINGS....NOW WE'RE TALKING SOME MONEY!
15 years in a sawmill
ONLY 15 YEARS! WHAT A LUCKY SO AND SO! I wish my boss gave me $300 a year for the rest of my life. I already got over 15 years in. I ain't gonna get a dime. Your friend sure is lucky.

My wife passed away but while she was still alive I bought her cigarettes AND took her out to eat even though we never achieved our savings goals due to her health. OBAMA told her to take a pill.

So now I don't smoke at all and hardly ever eat out. I live in a **** apartment because it's cheap. I will purchase one more car, but not until I retire AND have well over 100,000 miles on my Impala (my Bonnie had 109 and was warning me she wanted a new tranny...I had to put her down) I put $20,000.oo a year in my saving. I live cheap now because I'm not dumb enough to think the government should or will or can take care of me in the future. The government doesn't produce anything. It only demands I pay more from my diminishing returns to pay for its bad decisions and failed policy. I have a left rear tire with a slow leak. I put air in it every other day because I know when it goes in for inspection in a couple of months, I'll be purchasing 2 new ones anyway. I won't throw my garments away unless they are torn and frayed or won't fit anymore. If my shoe doesn't have a hole in it, I'm good to go. I don't go to movies because I own a television. I got enough Star Wars to watch already. I eat cheap. I have cats because dogs are too expensive. Except for my Bonnie, I purchase gently used cars.

When I retire I will purchase my home. I will purchase my last car. I will replace my last furniture and luxury items like a new iMAC and some guitar stuff.
I will retain a healthy savings and checking account. I will transfer my 401K over a few years into a better and safer place with the least tax penalty. I will most likely look to a part time job for the first 3 years of my retirement knowing every penny will simply continue to add to my savings account...plusewise I get bored sitting around the house.

SO...IF MY BOSS or any of my former bosses would offer me a pension for the rest of my life...I don't think I'd be bitchin' about it.
12/30/2017 1:29 PM
no complaints

he's happy to have it

what makes you think i was complaining
12/31/2017 11:40 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...29 Next ▸
Tax Cuts Consequences Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.