Promised start Topic

When did red shirted players start complaining about promised starting time? Did I miss an update?
12/26/2017 8:30 AM
You must have goofed on something....nothing has changed.
12/26/2017 10:48 AM
Some seasons ago ... Nothing new here !!!!
12/26/2017 10:49 AM
If you promised a recruit to start as a freshman then you cannot redshirt him his first season, at least not without him complaining and you losing points out of his attributes. If you promise a recruit to start as a sophomore then you must start him his 2nd season, which would actually be his redshirt freshman season. It goes by his time on the team, not by what class it says he is in.
12/26/2017 1:07 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 12/26/2017 1:07:00 PM (view original):
If you promised a recruit to start as a freshman then you cannot redshirt him his first season, at least not without him complaining and you losing points out of his attributes. If you promise a recruit to start as a sophomore then you must start him his 2nd season, which would actually be his redshirt freshman season. It goes by his time on the team, not by what class it says he is in.
Not always the case. I have redshirted a lot of players with a promise to start as a FR w/no consequences. Very seldom will a player give a **** fit. How ever he must get the start the flowing season as a redshirt SO/FR

How ever if I promise a play % along with the promise to start and redshirt him, not only will he give you a **** fit because he did not get his play %( not because he did not get his start ) he may put a CAP up side your head. :-) In other words do not redshirt a player with a promise to start and a play %.

There HAS been a few times that a redshirt W/Promise to start went nuts but If you take away the redshirt right away most if not all of the WE that was lost will come back and the player will be happy again.

This is my take for the last 11 years of game play.
1/2/2018 7:14 PM (edited)
Posted by fermor332002 on 1/2/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhunterz on 12/26/2017 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Not always the case. I have redshirted a lot of players with a promise to start as a FR w/no consequences. Very seldom will a player give a **** fit. How ever he must get the start the flowing season as a redshirt SO/FR

How ever if I promise a play % along with the promise to start and redshirt him, not only will he give you a **** fit because he did not get his play %( not because he did not get his start ) he may put a CAP up side your head. :-) In other words do not redshirt a player with a promise to start and a play %.

There HAS been a few times that a redshirt W/Promise to start went nuts but If you take away the redshirt right away most if not all of the WE that was lost will come back and the player will be happy again.

This is my take for the last 11 years of game play.
I learn something new again.....
1/3/2018 9:58 AM
Promised start Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.