What do you guys think? Topic

Have you ever thought about making recruiting the same price for every player no matter the location. Today's college football you have top players from California going to teams like Notre Dame and Alabama, but in this game a top recruit in California will only be signed by USC or UCLA or maybe Stanford. It would make it more competitive and also give teams like Oregon or Washington a chance to have great classes because there is usually no talent around that area unless they are in California near USC or UCLA. For example Alabama freshman QB is out of Hawaii. In this game do you honestly think anyone 4,000 miles away from a top QB will have a chance for that QB if Hawaii has a human coach. It will also help build teams like Hawaii into a NC contender with the right coach.
1/1/2018 1:30 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 1/1/2018 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Have you ever thought about making recruiting the same price for every player no matter the location. Today's college football you have top players from California going to teams like Notre Dame and Alabama, but in this game a top recruit in California will only be signed by USC or UCLA or maybe Stanford. It would make it more competitive and also give teams like Oregon or Washington a chance to have great classes because there is usually no talent around that area unless they are in California near USC or UCLA. For example Alabama freshman QB is out of Hawaii. In this game do you honestly think anyone 4,000 miles away from a top QB will have a chance for that QB if Hawaii has a human coach. It will also help build teams like Hawaii into a NC contender with the right coach.
The main thing they need to fix is unlimited sim budgets. That is the biggest bull **** in this game.

A player in Cali shouldn't costs the same amount for a team 1000 miles away in this game. All they need to do is fix recruit distro, the west coast should have way more players distro out then the engine currently generates.
1/1/2018 2:50 PM
They should modernize the recruiting an add low cost digital effort. A team/coach's prestige and style should have a large effect on the recruit at distance.
1/1/2018 5:34 PM
Posted by awags on 1/1/2018 5:34:00 PM (view original):
They should modernize the recruiting an add low cost digital effort. A team/coach's prestige and style should have a large effect on the recruit at distance.
This.
1/1/2018 8:03 PM
Actually, I think the recruiting engine is pretty slick and well done. I would not argue for major changes, but I would like to see:

1. Cosmetic change to reflect social media over letters.
2. In season scouting (limit to a set amount of scouts). The idea is to remove the crappy engine selections and let you control those 4 selections.

If I were to make a major change, I would:

1. Expand the in-season recruiting options with a budget.
2. Allow a coach to spend that budget on various things that create a sphere of influence in certain areas that increase the value of your recruiting efforts in certain areas.

For example, you can spend money scouting players...or you can spend money on "camps" in a certain area. If you do this often enough, then you gain influence in that particular area which increases your efforts for recruiting in that area.

I do not care for the idea of set prices for all actions regardless of distance.

nitros
1/2/2018 1:15 AM
Posted by nitros on 1/2/2018 1:15:00 AM (view original):
Actually, I think the recruiting engine is pretty slick and well done. I would not argue for major changes, but I would like to see:

2. In season scouting (limit to a set amount of scouts). The idea is to remove the crappy engine selections and let you control those 4 selections.

2. Allow a coach to spend that budget on various things that create a sphere of influence in certain areas that increase the value of your recruiting efforts in certain areas.

For example, you can spend money scouting players...or you can spend money on "camps" in a certain area. If you do this often enough, then you gain influence in that particular area which increases your efforts for recruiting in that area.

I do not care for the idea of set prices for all actions regardless of distance.

nitros
They did this exact thing in HD. Ruined the product.
1/2/2018 9:12 AM
Posted by tampafla on 1/2/2018 9:12:00 AM (view original):

nitros
FWIW I like the newer recruiting in HD better.
1/2/2018 9:27 AM
Posted by hypnotoad on 1/2/2018 9:27:00 AM (view original):

nitros
I don't a D-III/II team should never sign a top 200 prospect. The concept was nice, but the law unintended of consequences showed up early and often. That would be my worry, i'm not sure how you make changes to recruiting with no unintended consequences.
1/2/2018 9:53 AM
Posted by tampafla on 1/2/2018 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 1/2/2018 9:27:00 AM (view original):

nitros
I don't a D-III/II team should never sign a top 200 prospect. The concept was nice, but the law unintended of consequences showed up early and often. That would be my worry, i'm not sure how you make changes to recruiting with no unintended consequences.
Agreed on HD - at DIII, you are only successful if you sign DI prospects. At DII, you are only successful if you sign DI prospects.

I could see reducing the distance penalties (i.e.10% instead of 20% 180-360 miles, 25% at 361-1000 miles, etc), but not eliminating it.
1/2/2018 10:46 AM
I have never played HD, but just read the recruiting changes they put in place in 2016. On the surface, they look amazing. I will probably start a team over there just to participate in that recruiting process. Of course, I might end up hating it...but want to give it a try.

nitros
1/2/2018 11:31 AM
Recruiting improvements are needed for sure !!! Great point cfb !!!
1/3/2018 7:15 PM
What do you guys think? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.