Ineligible player - now a senior Topic

I have a player that was an ineligible recruit and sat out his freshman year. He's now a senior, but its only his third year of playing. On the recruiting page, his name is highlighted along with the other two seniors on the team, however, when I go to the "Class Rankings" page, it indicates that I only have two openings.

Should I just assume he'll be back next season despite being highlighted as a departing player?
1/2/2018 4:23 PM
My understanding is he will come back as a "Sr/5" as long as his GPA is 2.7 or better. Someone confirm?
1/2/2018 4:25 PM
Here was a ticket exchange I had in March:

Me: Is there a rule change I am unaware of? I have six graduating seniors on my team, but only 4 scholarship openings. Am I missing something?

WIS: You had two Academic Non-Qualifiers who are projected to return for a 5th year; Paul Oliveira and Jeff Williams. If they do depart after this season, you will receive any recruiting assets tied to their open scholarship at the time they leave. Thank you.

------

And yes, they return if their GPA is 2.7 or better.
1/2/2018 4:34 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 1/2/2018 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Here was a ticket exchange I had in March:

Me: Is there a rule change I am unaware of? I have six graduating seniors on my team, but only 4 scholarship openings. Am I missing something?

WIS: You had two Academic Non-Qualifiers who are projected to return for a 5th year; Paul Oliveira and Jeff Williams. If they do depart after this season, you will receive any recruiting assets tied to their open scholarship at the time they leave. Thank you.

------

And yes, they return if their GPA is 2.7 or better.
Thanks.

Glad he'll be sticking around, but kind of messed me up with scouting for what I thought would be three openings.
1/2/2018 4:39 PM
To expand on the ticket grimacedance posted, there is a slight chance before the second recruiting session that the guy will send you an email saying he's passing on his 5th year, which gives you recruiting funds only for the second session. Similar to an Early Entry.
1/2/2018 5:36 PM
It's my understanding that the GPA requirement only applies to DI, and that for DII it does not have to be met.
1/4/2018 12:04 PM
Posted by gdog13cavs on 1/4/2018 12:04:00 PM (view original):
It's my understanding that the GPA requirement only applies to DI, and that for DII it does not have to be met.
That's interesting, thanks for the clarification. I wonder if D1 Sr/5s with bad grades ever transfer to D2 schools.
1/4/2018 12:35 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/4/2018 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gdog13cavs on 1/4/2018 12:04:00 PM (view original):
That's interesting, thanks for the clarification. I wonder if D1 Sr/5s with bad grades ever transfer to D2 schools.
I've only had a kid at d1 not come back once, he wasn't listed as a transfer, he just disappeared.
1/4/2018 12:52 PM
Ineligible player - now a senior Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.