New School, Recruiting Phase 2 Question Topic

Now that I am at a new school and about to hit the beginning of Recruiting Phase 2, I was wondering if I am going after couple of players who are meantime targeted by Sim AI, if I try to deploy AP on them, will I have a shot at nabbing them or am I wasting my APs. If I recall correctly, the signing in Phase 2 starts instantaneously after first round of AP and the next one they can sign.
1/4/2018 3:21 AM
I went after several SIMAI targets in RS2 Rupp last season. I got 1. Several signed just as I opened scholarship.
1/4/2018 8:03 AM
The toughest thing of the Recruiting Period 2 is that all the work In period one makes some signings very quick. I believe that the recruits can sign after 1 cycle which is where you see a lot of those "by the end of period 1" guys sign. I would look for late preferences with SIMAI and then target Whenever preference with SIMAI. My brain tells me that "early" or "By the end of period 1" have a better chance of signing earlier than the other 2 preferences however that is unconfirmed.

I've been able to pick some recruits where the SIMAI was only moderate after RP1 and they were D1 schools.
1/4/2018 10:37 AM
it's kind of all luck and you just have to go for it. you can try putting all your AP into one guy and hoping to send that scholarship AND effort into cycle 2, or you can spread your AP around and hope at least one or two of the guys doesn't sign before you can throw recruiting actions at them.

i agree with bagger that players with "late" tendency are your best bet, since these don't usually sign in the first cycle. "whatever" players give you lesser odds. you should screen out "early" or "by end of period 1" players with "high"/"very high" or "moderate" D2 human players on them. they are a waste of your time--these will sign with someone in the first cycle every time.

when I've changed jobs I've looked for a couple quality guys that fit the criteria above. then, i try to figure out how to get my team to 9 players to avoid sim signings, even if i have to sign a D2 transfer or some other lesser player, ideally someone not there for 4 years (unless they will be a decent backup at least for years 3 and 4).
1/4/2018 11:25 AM (edited)
Thanks for all the good tips
1/4/2018 2:06 PM
New School, Recruiting Phase 2 Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.