Posted by shoe3 on 1/6/2018 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jt2xTTU on 1/6/2018 8:32:00 AM (view original):
To the extent you can isolate a single attribute -

In a 2-3 is the #5 SB more effective?
In a 3-2: is SB "more muted" than in a 2-3?
My feeling is the place where high SB has the biggest impact is the 5 in a 2-3 zone. I think it’s probably a bigger part of the defensive effectiveness equation there than anywhere else. It matters a little more than in other sets for the forwards in a 2-3 and the bigs in a 3-2, but probably not as much as the C in a 2-3.

Now where it is relative to the defensive or ath/spd ratings in terms of relevance to the defensive effectiveness, not sure.
(At risk of getting flamed for conclusions from sss ...)

- in a 2-3 "over"recruit SB for C/5
- in a 3-2 balance recruit all D atrributes for the 4 & 5
???
1/6/2018 11:16 AM
Posted by jt2xTTU on 1/6/2018 11:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/6/2018 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jt2xTTU on 1/6/2018 8:32:00 AM (view original):
To the extent you can isolate a single attribute -

In a 2-3 is the #5 SB more effective?
In a 3-2: is SB "more muted" than in a 2-3?
My feeling is the place where high SB has the biggest impact is the 5 in a 2-3 zone. I think it’s probably a bigger part of the defensive effectiveness equation there than anywhere else. It matters a little more than in other sets for the forwards in a 2-3 and the bigs in a 3-2, but probably not as much as the C in a 2-3.

Now where it is relative to the defensive or ath/spd ratings in terms of relevance to the defensive effectiveness, not sure.
(At risk of getting flamed for conclusions from sss ...)

- in a 2-3 "over"recruit SB for C/5
- in a 3-2 balance recruit all D atrributes for the 4 & 5
???
I think that is fairly accurate.
1/6/2018 11:45 AM
I hate to say “over”recruit. If you can get both in a player, you try to get both. One of the advantages of zone is the flexibility to recruit and utilize types of players overlooked by other coaches. One of those types is the 5 who has high rebounding and blk ratings, but relatively low defense. Say 70-30-70 at D3, 80-40-80 at D2 and 90-50-90 at D1. I don’t specifically target that player. But if I’m searching for a guy I can utilize without much investment, or a backup to take instead of a walkon, I may settle for this type. I generally default to 3-2, but theoretically I could find a use for this guy as a backup, or a 5 if I wanted to go 2-3 against a specific opponent.
1/6/2018 11:45 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.