I have a decent d2 team and am wondering if it's possible to pull down d1-AA low end recruits. Thanks.
1/5/2018 3:07 PM
Scout according to your division, D2, The recruits you see will be the ONLY recruits you can sign, no matter how good your team is and how long you wait. Pull downs are a thing of the past.
1/5/2018 3:22 PM
If you can see it in a normal search of your own division d2 then you can recruit it. but if you have to dial it up a notch by going to 1AA then no you can't recruit them.
1/6/2018 3:07 AM
Thank you guys. Why do some teams see better recruits listed as d2 but for me they are d1?
1/6/2018 2:26 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by molnya on 1/6/2018 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Mr_Kid on 1/6/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Thank you guys. Why do some teams see better recruits listed as d2 but for me they are d1?
Because they're part of the WIS good old boys club, and the rest of us are pigeons. You'll never close the gap on a conference rival when they can recruit players a tier above and you have to recruit a tier below.
lol

DJT, is that you with more fake news ?
1/6/2018 4:15 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 1/6/2018 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Because they're part of the WIS good old boys club, and the rest of us are pigeons. You'll never close the gap on a conference rival when they can recruit players a tier above and you have to recruit a tier below.
lol

Aw, I just don't want some newbie thinking he can actually take down a conference dynasty by recruiting alone. There is a disparity here with recruiting and "vision", it's obvious, why deny it?
1/7/2018 10:42 AM
Posted by molnya on 1/7/2018 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by realist9900 on 1/6/2018 4:15:00 PM (view original):
lol

Aw, I just don't want some newbie thinking he can actually take down a conference dynasty by recruiting alone. There is a disparity here with recruiting and "vision", it's obvious, why deny it?
I'm not following...
1/7/2018 11:21 AM

Vision is easy to correct or at least get within a range of recruiting similar talent. Bridging the vision gap is accomplished by scheduling very light (all sims) and simply increasing your win total.

Once you can recruit in the range of talent necessary to compete, it takes about 3 seasons to fill your roster with a competitive roster.

After that, if you are failing....it is your fault as a coach. You need to manage your team better.

nitros

1/7/2018 12:37 PM
Thanks guys...very interesting responses lol.
1/8/2018 4:06 PM
Posted by nitros on 1/7/2018 12:37:00 PM (view original):

Vision is easy to correct or at least get within a range of recruiting similar talent. Bridging the vision gap is accomplished by scheduling very light (all sims) and simply increasing your win total.

Once you can recruit in the range of talent necessary to compete, it takes about 3 seasons to fill your roster with a competitive roster.

After that, if you are failing....it is your fault as a coach. You need to manage your team better.

nitros

This is all good but I would like to add that even if you can't see the best players if you add players with good work ethic, potential and get them playing time, they will outgrow the higher vision player who are sitting the bench on a stacked team. When your players are upperclassmen they will be able to compete.
1/8/2018 6:47 PM
Posted by awags on 1/8/2018 6:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nitros on 1/7/2018 12:37:00 PM (view original):

nitros

This is all good but I would like to add that even if you can't see the best players if you add players with good work ethic, potential and get them playing time, they will outgrow the higher vision player who are sitting the bench on a stacked team. When your players are upperclassmen they will be able to compete.
The bottom line is that you can absolutely take down a conference kingpin, but it doesn't happen overnight. Everything Awags and Nitros said is true. Build your wins/vision, try to recruit guys with higher WE/potential and learn the intricacies of gameplanning.

Don't let guys scare you away that it can't be done.
1/9/2018 2:02 PM
I will attest to the fact you can bring down a King Pin.
Happened a few times I had dominant teams winnining almost all NC's. And a good coach would come along from nowhere and build a team that would either compete on equal footing or become even better than mine. Last I can think of is in Yost PSAC. I had Kutztown winning NC after NC. Jms came along taking over E Stroudsberg. In a few seasons he had starting playing me close and then dominating me.
Lol, now "he" wins NC after NC :) He's a helluva coach and a rather nice guy .
1/9/2018 2:49 PM
Schedule and wis final ranking matter to increasing vision. Sometimes you make a move too soon and it derails you a bit. Just regroup and make scheduling adjustments to allow you to get those 10 or 11 wins and get into the playoffs. Then if you can manage to win a playoff game it really has in impact. Look for value in recruits early on. Maybe an ol total is low and appears to be a d3 target but if his cores are strong and he has solid work ethic and growth potential he can be quite serviceable in season 3. Learn to gauge where you are relative to the top 25 and build to improve every season.
1/9/2018 8:24 PM
Thank you all for your input! I already know a mistake I made as I only scheduled one sim and 4 very good teams! :( Lesson learned!
1/10/2018 12:11 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.