Do any really good HD teams run flex offense?
1/5/2018 3:10 PM
I dont know about the "really good" part, but if I am building a team I'll always switch to Flex. The next question/answer you are going to get -- good players can play any offense well. And then the biggest difference is Player Game Plan distribution. Flex can be spread around to be efficient, or can load 1 or 2 players a little heavier (15-20%).

But I do think there are Flex attributes you can recruit more to, and less of. You always want ATH, but I think in Flex you can take a bit less ATH for SPD. A big with SPD and able to Shoot is beneficial.
1/5/2018 3:59 PM
I was just looking at the top 25 D1 in Tarkanian and didn't see any of those teams running a flex offense. I was thinking about trying it - focusing on speed, 3 pt shooters and passing.
1/5/2018 6:14 PM
5 of the top 15 in D1 Rupp run the Flex

1/5/2018 6:21 PM
Posted by theluke on 1/5/2018 6:14:00 PM (view original):
I was just looking at the top 25 D1 in Tarkanian and didn't see any of those teams running a flex offense. I was thinking about trying it - focusing on speed, 3 pt shooters and passing.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

My D1 team is ranked in top 25 in Tark and I run Flex

Thanks for noticing.
1/5/2018 6:55 PM
Posted by theluke on 1/5/2018 6:14:00 PM (view original):
While Flex is stated to be more passing oriented, effective 3pt shooting relies on BH+SPD
1/5/2018 8:44 PM
I have two good flex teams in D3....Gettysburg and Brooklyn. The Brooklyn team isn't really a "traditional" flex team because I don't have many 3 point shooters yet but we are still pretty good.

1/5/2018 9:57 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.