Goes EE when not on the Big Board Topic

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
1/6/2018 5:53 PM
Any chance this guy goes? https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3803579

He's not on the big board, but his ratings are getting up to the point where I'm a bit concerned. Probably needs a bit more on the ATH and PE.

Maybe I'm just getting too excited to have my first EE, so I can get on here and moan about it.
1/6/2018 5:55 PM
I'd say "yep".
1/6/2018 6:03 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 1/6/2018 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Any chance this guy goes? https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3803579

He's not on the big board, but his ratings are getting up to the point where I'm a bit concerned. Probably needs a bit more on the ATH and PE.

Maybe I'm just getting too excited to have my first EE, so I can get on here and moan about it.
The system is going to keep moving down the list until it gets to 60. Yes, there’s a chance, especially if there aren’t a lot of graduating seniors on the Big Board. Probably pretty small, a bit less likely than the guy I mentioned on page 2. FWIW, if his LP had stayed under 60, I suspect you’d be pretty close to 100% safe.

1/6/2018 6:08 PM

Pro tip: disregard the big board and just expect every player to leave early.
1/6/2018 6:09 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/6/2018 6:09:00 PM (view original):

Pro tip: disregard the big board and just expect every player to leave early.
Or, conversely, don't be all "OMG!!! HOW WAS I TO KNOW MY REALLY GOOD PLAYER WOULD LEAVE EARLY!??!?!?!?!?" if he does.
1/6/2018 6:12 PM
Good one, Duke. Or is it King this time? Can’t choose just one sometimes.

For the record, I do assume that most upper echelon coaches are smart enough to *be able to* make their own player evaluations based on core and combo attributes, where the player was rated by position in his class, etc. I admit, that is a stretch in a few cases.
1/6/2018 6:18 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/6/2018 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/6/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Guy not on big board leaves. #1 guy on big board stays. Makes sense to me!
It makes sense that it can occasionally happen that way, unless you expect the Big Board to tell you exactly what’s going to happen. If that’s your expectation, you’re not doing it right.
Or maybe WIS is not doing it right.

1/6/2018 6:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/6/2018 4:43:00 PM (view original):
I'll use less words than shoe.

This is another case of "My really good player left. How was I to know that would happen?"

The answer is simple. You recruited him because he was really good. Really good players sometimes leave early even if not on the Big Board. This is NOT the first one. Whether you prepare for it, perhaps unnecessarily, is up to you.
I really hope that ONE DAY you get good enough to actually get fcked over by this and see if your tune changes.

1/6/2018 6:39 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/6/2018 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/6/2018 4:43:00 PM (view original):
I'll use less words than shoe.

This is another case of "My really good player left. How was I to know that would happen?"

The answer is simple. You recruited him because he was really good. Really good players sometimes leave early even if not on the Big Board. This is NOT the first one. Whether you prepare for it, perhaps unnecessarily, is up to you.
I really hope that ONE DAY you get good enough to actually get fcked over by this and see if your tune changes.

I would LOVE to acquire a player good enough to leave early.

But, if you're waiting for me to whine about it should it happen, get a Snickers, bro. It won't happen. This is a sim game that costs about .25 a day. I can't get too worked up over it.
1/6/2018 6:41 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/6/2018 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/6/2018 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/6/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Guy not on big board leaves. #1 guy on big board stays. Makes sense to me!
It makes sense that it can occasionally happen that way, unless you expect the Big Board to tell you exactly what’s going to happen. If that’s your expectation, you’re not doing it right.
Or maybe WIS is not doing it right.

Blasphemy!
1/6/2018 6:52 PM
FWIW I'm starting to see the light on why this would cause issues with maintaining a decent roster. I actually planned on my guy leaving early and recruited another solid SG this year. Problem is, that's going to leave me thin at either PG or big man for the next season or two. I think it's a good problem to have with 1 stud player, but if you regularly have 2-4 guys with a decent chance of leaving, I can see how there's really no way to plan on every scenario especially when you only have the 2nd session to react.
1/6/2018 7:02 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 1/6/2018 7:02:00 PM (view original):
FWIW I'm starting to see the light on why this would cause issues with maintaining a decent roster. I actually planned on my guy leaving early and recruited another solid SG this year. Problem is, that's going to leave me thin at either PG or big man for the next season or two. I think it's a good problem to have with 1 stud player, but if you regularly have 2-4 guys with a decent chance of leaving, I can see how there's really no way to plan on every scenario especially when you only have the 2nd session to react.
The game doesn’t want you to constantly have a roster full of elite talent. You want that roster, so do I, so does everyone. And you can get that roster, but it isn’t easy, and it’s definitely not easy to maintain in perpetuity (unless your name is buddhagamer). Everyone’s playing with the same challenges.
1/6/2018 7:10 PM
Can we get off on the myth that thinking about backups for the second session will work. If you do not have ap, those who have won't let you catch up and if you have ap, the player is certainly not a backup plan but more of a late plan decision... Or you already used your ap to get to rolls and get as high a % as possible! So it means you won't catch anybody up unless you are going for a situational player, a bench player or a 5 min rotation player. Back-up plans in High D1 are myths unless you are Hawaii
1/6/2018 7:14 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 1/6/2018 7:02:00 PM (view original):
whaaat!

I'm sure after reading 2 to 3 hundred more posts from Poopman about why this is a YOU problem, you will see this is an absolutely perfect setup.
1/6/2018 7:19 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Goes EE when not on the Big Board Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.