Goes EE when not on the Big Board Topic

Posted by zorzii on 1/6/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Can we get off on the myth that thinking about backups for the second session will work. If you do not have ap, those who have won't let you catch up and if you have ap, the player is certainly not a backup plan but more of a late plan decision... Or you already used your ap to get to rolls and get as high a % as possible! So it means you won't catch anybody up unless you are going for a situational player, a bench player or a 5 min rotation player. Back-up plans in High D1 are myths unless you are Hawaii
You can get off on whatever you want, zorzii. But lining up backups is not a “myth”. Plenty of us do it, when we choose to do it. It’s a matter of priority. If it’s important to you to fill the roster, you line up a contingency. If you’d rather take a walkon and the extra resources next year, then you don’t.

Now cue Benis with the poopman bit, because you can take the ignoramus out of 3rd grade, but you can’t take 3rd grade insults out of the ignoramus (ignoramus means idiot, Benis). Benis is, of course, very sure that you can’t be successful any other way but the way that he has chosen to play. And as the Earl of Sycophancy, he’d rather be on the popular side, which as with any good tech forum, the popular opinion is the one blaming the system rather than the user.

You can bang your head against the wall playing the game the way you think it should be, or you can play the game that exists (and of course, you can decline to play if you don’t like the game that exists). I play the game that exists. It’s not perfect, but it’s far better than it used to be, and I’m not dumb enough to keep spending time on a game I don’t like in the first place.
1/6/2018 7:31 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/6/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Can we get off on the myth that thinking about backups for the second session will work. If you do not have ap, those who have won't let you catch up and if you have ap, the player is certainly not a backup plan but more of a late plan decision... Or you already used your ap to get to rolls and get as high a % as possible! So it means you won't catch anybody up unless you are going for a situational player, a bench player or a 5 min rotation player. Back-up plans in High D1 are myths unless you are Hawaii
The game is not a constantly evolving problem.

You know how it works. Play the game. Don't whine. Constantly.
1/6/2018 7:31 PM
WiS created the Projection Report to tell us exactly who would be in the NT, why not make the Draft Big Board exact as well? They spoon feed coaches practice plans by color coding the damn numbers, why not take all the guess work out of everything that they can? Practice plans, the Projection Report, why should the Draft Big Board be any damn different? And please don't patronize me and tell me I don't understand how to play the game at the highest levels.
1/6/2018 8:21 PM
This thread wasn't much of a discussion so far, but it is good for one thing at least. It encourages me to try out the Block User feature for the first time. I have sometimes wondered if it was worth it and now I'll find out.
1/6/2018 8:32 PM
You go, girl!!!
1/6/2018 8:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/6/2018 8:35:00 PM (view original):
You go, girl!!!
Don't be so sensitive. It wasn't you I blocked ... although that might not be a bad idea, either.
1/6/2018 11:35 PM
Please don't. My feelings will be hurt.
1/7/2018 8:23 AM

It happened to me last night
1/7/2018 8:49 AM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 1/7/2018 8:49:00 AM (view original):

It happened to me last night
You should start a thread.
1/7/2018 9:10 AM
sadly, discussing EE on here is like discussing politics. everyone is so entrenched in what they think that there is basically no compromise or acknowledgment that either side has valid points. i'm sorry i joined this tedious conversation.
1/7/2018 9:28 AM
Tedious is the perfect word. There is nothing new. But, the very moment EE is mentioned, the vultures, from all viewpoints, can't wait to pick at the carcass.
1/7/2018 10:00 AM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 1/7/2018 9:28:00 AM (view original):
sadly, discussing EE on here is like discussing politics. everyone is so entrenched in what they think that there is basically no compromise or acknowledgment that either side has valid points. i'm sorry i joined this tedious conversation.
Yup.

And just like politics everyone loves talking about it.

This thread is already longer than any useful thread we've had in the past month.
1/7/2018 10:08 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Goes EE when not on the Big Board Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.