Biased Media Topic

Spygate?
1/23/2018 9:02 AM
Spygate was about camera placement. It was 50 feet too low. It was actually overblown as well. Since Spygate TB has won 2 SBs and could win a 3rd. Again haters are reaching. What was bad about spygate was that it was so stupid as camera placement is just semantics. Since then Mangini has stated that he regrets saying anything.
1/23/2018 9:10 AM
Who is Cleveland taking with #1?
1/23/2018 10:43 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/23/2018 8:46:00 AM (view original):
We don't know who cheated or who did not but clearly that ball issue was way overblown.
No, it wasn't.

Brady cheated. He knew the rules about air pressure. And he told some underling to break them to give him an advantage when throwing the ball.

Have you ever thrown a slightly underinflated football? It's easier to grip, easier to throw, and certainly harder to fumble. Part of the blame goes to the NFL for allowing teams to designate their own "offensive" footballs. Steve Young, a top-ten QB on most lists, says it is a HUGE advantage for QB's to tailor footballs to their specifications albeit within certain parameters (inflation within a range, laces within a range, external grip, etc.)

Brady cheated. He's a cheating cheater who cheats. He's like the Barry Bonds of quarterbacks. One of the greatest who became greater by cheating.
1/23/2018 11:32 AM
Oh shut your mouth. The ball also doesn't travel as far or as fast. And he won the SB w/ regular balls. The fine according to the NFL for deflated balls is $25k aka a nothing! You are just another butt hurt uninformed hater. Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs over inflated. After the balls were replaced the Pats actually scored more pts.

LOL -- "cheating"

You are reaching.
1/23/2018 11:59 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/23/2018 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Oh shut your mouth. The ball also doesn't travel as far or as fast. And he won the SB w/ regular balls. The fine according to the NFL for deflated balls is $25k aka a nothing! You are just another butt hurt uninformed hater. Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs over inflated. After the balls were replaced the Pats actually scored more pts.

LOL -- "cheating"

You are reaching.
Rules are rules. If you knowingly, deliberately, calculatingly break rules, you're a cheater.

He did. And then, he pulled an HRC by trying to destroy evidence.

Hey, I WANT my team doing all these cheaty things to win (I cheered for every single one of Bonds' homers)... but to claim he doesn't cheat is pretty naive at best.
1/23/2018 12:04 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 1/23/2018 12:04:00 PM (view original):

LOL -- "cheating"

You are reaching.
Rules are rules. If you knowingly, deliberately, calculatingly break rules, you're a cheater.

He did. And then, he pulled an HRC by trying to destroy evidence.

Hey, I WANT my team doing all these cheaty things to win (I cheered for every single one of Bonds' homers)... but to claim he doesn't cheat is pretty naive at best.
The fine was $25k. And the footballs were "legal" in both SBs. Non-story.

Look at SF!

Just stop your nonsense. Please.

In 2000, then Cleveland Browns President Carmen Policy and team Vice President Dwight Clark agreed to pay $600,000 for violating the NFL salary capwhile with the San Francisco 49ers. The settlement called for Policy to pay $400,000 and Clark $200,000.

The principal issues involved provisions included in quarterback Jim Druckenmiller’s rookie contract, deals signed by linebacker Lee Woodall and tight end Brent Jones, and allegations of an undisclosed agreement involving quarterback Steve Young. As part of the settlement, the 49ers agreed to pay $300,000 and surrender two draft choices — their fifth pick in the 2001 draft and third selection in 2002.

In addition, the 49ers agreed to recognize a commitment of $483,000 that the club’s prior ownership and management made to Jones.

Former San Francisco wide receiver Jerry Rice admitted in an ESPN video history on the evolution of wide receiver gloves that he illegally used stickum on his own gloves to make his job easier.

Said Rice: "I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky."

At a time when many were expecting Rice to claim that his words were taken out of context or that he was joking, Rice took to Twitter to admit that he did it, and that it was more than "a little illegal." He tweeted: "I apologize ppl after doing my research about stickum!," Rice said. "The NFL banned this in 1981.

At a June 2015 charity event in Pittsburgh, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Joe Montana confessed that, in the 80s, his "offensive lineman used to spray silicon on their shirts." Montana said they continued the practice "until they got caught."

1/23/2018 12:07 PM
I didn't say the 49ers were perfect angels. I said that Brady cheated, and that claiming he didn't is naive at best.

Not sure how your Google research counters my assertion.
1/23/2018 12:13 PM
I am saying if he did it was no big deal and didn't impact W/L in that playoff series or subsequent others. Football inflation was never a critical factor for the NFL. If it were it would not have allowed the teams to do as they wanted to and penalize it with a $25k fine.
1/23/2018 12:31 PM (edited)

LOL -- "cheating"

You are reaching.
If TB played for say the Jets and had done the same thing, I suppose you'd still defend him?
1/23/2018 1:20 PM
http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/01/stats_show_the_new_england_patriots_became_nearly_fumble_proof_after_a_2006.html

^ This is the problem with the underinflated footballs.

Anyone who has ever played football at any level knows harder balls are more difficult to grip (especially in the poor weather often seen at Foxboro), whether throwing, catching, or simply holding on to. And while I have come around to actually like Tom Brady, I have zero doubt in my mind he smartly cheated in what appears to be a very small way that had a very large outcome on the other end.
1/23/2018 3:25 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 1/23/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):

LOL -- "cheating"

You are reaching.
If TB played for say the Jets and had done the same thing, I suppose you'd still defend him?
If he played for the Jets no one would care.
1/23/2018 4:50 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 1/23/2018 3:25:00 PM (view original):
http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/01/stats_show_the_new_england_patriots_became_nearly_fumble_proof_after_a_2006.html

^ This is the problem with the underinflated footballs.

Anyone who has ever played football at any level knows harder balls are more difficult to grip (especially in the poor weather often seen at Foxboro), whether throwing, catching, or simply holding on to. And while I have come around to actually like Tom Brady, I have zero doubt in my mind he smartly cheated in what appears to be a very small way that had a very large outcome on the other end.
Except they scored the majority of their pts in the 2nd half with normal footballs. Nope! Try again.
1/23/2018 4:50 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/23/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 1/23/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):

LOL -- "cheating"

You are reaching.
If he played for the Jets no one would care.
Belicheck would still coach the Jets.
1/23/2018 4:51 PM
Ha ha - yeah the what if universe. I cannot imagine such horror.
1/23/2018 4:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...95|96|97|98|99 Next ▸
Biased Media Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.