So this is a first for myself.

In previous recruiting sessions I’ve withdrawn my scholarship to players that I was unsure about with there being no impact. I remained on the consideration list and once I offered again; I’ve even signed some of them.

This session I did the same thing; I had four openings and five offers out; so I withdrew one. I signed three of my four targets. Only this time the withdraw had an impact. I wasn’t on the considering list; everything went back to 0% and now after offering 40AP nothing has moved. I’ve officially been blacklisted by the player.

Has this happened to you? It’s a first for me, so not sure how common it is. I should also point out that the player has no other teams on his consideration list and that my 40AP didn’t even put me on the page.
1/6/2018 11:18 AM
It's happened to me twice in two tries in 3.0. it's the way the game is designed now, and I think it's an improvement.
1/6/2018 11:28 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/6/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
It's happened to me twice in two tries in 3.0. it's the way the game is designed now, and I think it's an improvement.
I agree with that actually. I don’t mind that the player is ignoring me, but it just hadn’t occurred until now.
1/6/2018 11:30 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 1/6/2018 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/6/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
I agree with that actually. I don’t mind that the player is ignoring me, but it just hadn’t occurred until now.
I hear ya. Definitely sucked for me the first time too, I had the same expectations from 2.0 that you did.
1/6/2018 11:54 AM
I did it once my first season. Same deal. I won't do it again if I think I might like to come back to him.
1/6/2018 12:14 PM
Yeah, I've actually not seen it go the other way where the kid didn't freak out after the scholarship was withdrawn. Sometimes when I've withdrawn an offer I will stay on the kid's considering list for one more cycle, but even if I attempt to re-offer during that cycle, he's gone and nuked me in the next one.
1/6/2018 12:34 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 1/6/2018 11:18:00 AM (view original):
So this is a first for myself.

In previous recruiting sessions I’ve withdrawn my scholarship to players that I was unsure about with there being no impact. I remained on the consideration list and once I offered again; I’ve even signed some of them.

This session I did the same thing; I had four openings and five offers out; so I withdrew one. I signed three of my four targets. Only this time the withdraw had an impact. I wasn’t on the considering list; everything went back to 0% and now after offering 40AP nothing has moved. I’ve officially been blacklisted by the player.

Has this happened to you? It’s a first for me, so not sure how common it is. I should also point out that the player has no other teams on his consideration list and that my 40AP didn’t even put me on the page.
Yes just last season.
1/6/2018 12:34 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.