Thank-you deadwood 21 in with 9 to go.
league starts with 30 teams and only the 12 best are left for Season 9
Conquer your opponents and then take their best players to build your team for Season 9
2/6/2018 3:23 PM
Know what else is cool. The boss retiredfart enters owners that join the league into a Private Forum. It has 11 different categories from The Rules is one and then there is one each for Individual player AL Stats / NL Stats / AL/NL Team Stats.
I always like to look at the history of a multi-season league. From all the MVP's in season 1 to how they progressed to the last season. I guess that's just for stat freaks.
2/7/2018 11:10 AM
...................The ROOKIE CHALLENGE
" ANY " ROOKIE that joins this league,
I will give them a " FREE TEAM " for SEASON # 2
" IF " ( 8 ) Rookies join.
and 2 are ELIMINATED - WORST W / L Record of season
That is { ALL 6 LEFT } get a FREE TEAM for Season 2.

Once you get comfortable with the league - Season 1 The AAA Season and
have had a chance to practice with the Live Draft Tool for Season 1 just for fun.
You will be totally ready for the Elimination League which will basically begin season 2
2/12/2018 12:55 PM
Season 1 and season 2 both have 30 teams, so there wont be any of the rookies eliminated heading toward season 2.
2/12/2018 2:09 PM
Whoops Grayfoxx my bad! It sure helps that I can count on you to critique everything.
I don't even have to think about what I type, I know you will point it out.
For fun, why don't you critique my league, and why you are not joining.
2/13/2018 12:39 PM
I think your league has a great concept, but my biggest drawback is the use of pre-1920 players.
I just dont like to see owners possibly using $28-40mil deadball pitchers.
2/13/2018 3:16 PM
Well, it's kind of difficult NOT to use the deadball ,guys and still have enough SUB .500 teams available to fill ( 30 ) teams.
and the years the deadball guys pitched is where you have some of the most FUN players to have on a team.
Like Cobb - King Kelly - etc
2/14/2018 11:41 AM
I saw 8 of 30 teams drafted in the first version were from the deadball era. The high IP deadball pitchers may affect your strategy on which team you want. I don't see the deadballers causing a problem in Version 1.

If I was asked to propose one change (I know, I wasn't), I like the idea of a maximum of one draft pick per season. For the second round, twists only. It forces owners to use their original players a little bit more. More strategy involved, I think.

Version 1 is definitely fun so far.
2/14/2018 6:34 PM
Huse for season 1 I did originally have it that way
Then with the draft rounds in the early going, being restocked with the rosters from the
ELIMINATED TEAMS it became apparent that owners wanted to draft players first
and keep the originals for twists later.
Although, there is a limit on drafts and twists, and
Owners MUST DRAFT players to replace the scrubs needed to get some rosters to 25.
To keep it fair, Owners now have the choice of Drafting first and THEN
using twists later, OR since ther are 2 rounds each season break.
Draft one and twist 1
Actually we have had ( 1 ) owner - Twist in both rounds 1 and 2 and skip the draft completely
Hey, whatever it takes to improve your roster.
CHOICE is a wonderful thing.
2/15/2018 12:04 PM
Hall of Famer
192 43 66
Prospect
I may be wrong, but, If I pick say the Louisville Colonels as my SUB .500 team
I really don't want ANOTHER Louisville Colonels team in the league.

I agree with this, but if you use the year.....33 Indians and 93 Indians........it isnt so bad, none of the players are going to overlap.
2/15/2018 1:02 PM

Prospect
True. I'll tell you what. You join with 2 teams, 1 for NL and 1 for AL and I'll re-write the NO CLONE TEAMS RULES.
and if you were to take the '33 and '93 Indians. Which do I put in the NL?
2/18/2018 6:26 AM
Copied from Progressive Theme League Classifieds

I never thought I'd live to see the day that Grayfoxx didn't have an answer
2/24/2018 12:11 PM
I didnt realize there was a question.................. actually, I didnt mean that I would take both..... I meant if someone took the 1933 Indians, then someone else could take the 1993 Indians...................and IF it was me, I wouldnt care which team went to the NL

I tell you what - you change the years to *after 1920* and I will not only enter 2 teams, but I will bring along a friend who will also enter 2 teams.
2/24/2018 2:58 PM (edited)
I am the founder of the league but, I do have owners to answer to.
I have just sent a site mail to all owners that have loyally and patiently stayed with the league
In the hopes of getting ( 9 ) more owners to fill it.
Your offer of changing the rules from " ANY " Player and " ANY " SUB .500 team
to Players and teams AFTER 1920.
In exchange for entering ( 4 ) teams and getting us to 25 of 30
has been submitted.
I am awaiting the VOTE via site mail.
2/24/2018 3:44 PM
The chart at the top of this page shows you with 22 entered - have you lost someone?
2/24/2018 5:03 PM
randy_114b
To:
retiredfart
Received:
2/24/2018 6:06:00 PM
Subject:
RE: ( 21 of 30 IN )Owners I have a question? Need a VOTE!
I vote NO to limiting the league to players only after 1920. It is hard for the owners who have later picks to find teams that have a chance to advance because their team loses players on rosters of the teams picked ahead of it. An example is wanting to pick the 1923 Senators but lose Roger Peckinpaugh at SS and there not being another SS on the roster.

Randy

Besides Randy the vote was unanimous for NO, I received 0 Yes votes
Thanks anyway for the offer Grayfoxx

and yes Danidon pulled one of his 2 teams temporarily I think
2/24/2018 7:44 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.