Formation iq vs player development d3 Topic

Is formation iq a big factor when facing a team equally matched talent wise. I use 2 formations offense and 2 defense. How many minutes should I use per formation. I use 10 minutes on special teams.
1/7/2018 5:18 PM
To answer the first part, yes, formation IQ could be the difference between evenly matched teams, especially at DIII where gameplanning is basic. The second part I don't know for sure... it's been quite some time since I was in DIII.
1/7/2018 6:00 PM
I have a D1 team too and its totally different from D3 in how players develop. Just trying to make sure I use the correct amount of time in formations and IQ
1/7/2018 7:00 PM
Yes, formation IQ is a factor when it comes to even teams. Here is what I have read in the forums about practice time....anything less than 7 will lose you points and anything over 20 could be counter productive (meaning that you are spending more points but not getting useful productivity from those points).
1/10/2018 9:34 AM
I use 1 offense and 2 defense for my DIII team. I put 10-15 minutes max in each including special teams.
1/12/2018 9:17 AM
Posted by jhunterz on 1/10/2018 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Yes, formation IQ is a factor when it comes to even teams. Here is what I have read in the forums about practice time....anything less than 7 will lose you points and anything over 20 could be counter productive (meaning that you are spending more points but not getting useful productivity from those points).
This is generaly the idea behind individual practice. I have never heard of this with formation iq. With individual practice more than 20 points into building one attribute is generaly not necessarily counterproductive, but less productive I believe on a sliding scale.
Although formation iq always seems important(mostly it affects qb interceptions, might also affect sacks or penalties ?), in d3 I would not put more than 10 minutes per formation. You would probably be fine with 8. D 3 is Almost All about player growth.
1/12/2018 9:55 AM
Posted by jhunterz on 1/10/2018 9:34:00 AM (view original):
that is only for postional practice. not practicing a formation doesnt cause it to drop.
1/16/2018 1:00 PM
I meant for positional practice, thanks for clarifying for me.
1/20/2018 1:03 PM
Formation iq vs player development d3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.