Has anyone seen a batting profile like this? Topic

Not sure who from my world will see this thread, so I'm afraid I've said too much already. It's an amateur draft prospect.
1/8/2018 3:16 PM
Long as you don't list the name no one will know. After the player has signed after the draft please share the link? I'm curious.
1/8/2018 3:35 PM
Posted by musketeer22 on 1/8/2018 1:10:00 PM (view original):
There are a ton of high power/high eye players, but the high power/eye/contact combo is pretty useful. Looking for the link, but had a guy similar to yours but with splits in the high 40's and he was a >.800 OPS guy.
I think this is closer to his production than .700 OPS. I believe more in contact than most owners but I see something like .240/.340/.470 in a neutral park. I'd be comfortable starting him if he was an average defensive LF or RF, and I'd be outright happy to start him at any key defensive position.

That said, when you see projections and you can't find comps, it's pretty likely that your projections are optimistic, and if that contact winds up at 70 instead of 99 he has to play a key defensive position to have more than just bench value.
1/8/2018 4:38 PM
Interestingly, I scribbled it out and came up with something very similar to dedelman's. I would say .235-.335-.460, but I'm splitting hairs. I'm also assuming assuming he isn't a switch hitter. If so, round upward. My just-traded glovey wizard SS has 95 contact and splits of 11-26. He's a switcher. He hits .238, in neutral surroundings, for his career.
1/8/2018 5:24 PM
I've got him at a .360 wOBA if he hits those numbers. Assuming league average wOBA is around .324, he's probably worth about 18-20 runs above an average player over the course of a season with his bat.
1/8/2018 5:43 PM
If he hits those ratings he is very valuable if he is elite defensively. I am using a guy at SS just finishing up his career that was 25/86/39/49/83 at his peak. He is .230/.300/.400/.700 for his career.(84/90/93/89 defensively). He has been good for 90+ + plays over the last 9 seasons as a sometime full-time starter sometime platoon guy. The bigger question is how close does he come to the draft projections.
1/13/2018 12:36 AM
This guy and this guy have both been boons for me in Montreal, providing ~800 OPS in (admittedly hitter-friendly) Montreal, while providing adequate fielding at premier positions.
1/14/2018 11:45 AM
Best comp I could remember from my teams was This guy. Mine has worse contact/eye but better power and elite speed. Fine as a bench guy or platoon or rebuild, but not really what you want to rely on if you're looking for a deep playoff run. Generally with guys like this I want the power to be 90+ since these guys can be boom or bust and most of the offensive value will come from the long ball. Considering your guy is being evaluated based on draft projections I'd plan on him developing into something a bit less than those show. I'd still happily take a flyer on him, though I wouldn't want to take him too high.
1/14/2018 9:23 PM
Player Profile: Richard Miller - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Here ya go. Note that my previous projections were based on a HS budget of 20.
1/18/2018 10:30 AM
Interesting. Not 8th overall pick interesting but still interesting.
1/18/2018 12:51 PM
That's about 10 glove points shy of a terrific player. As it is he could well become (based on age and currents) as a solid starting 3B or CF, whichever you need more-- which would be decent but not great value for the 8th pick.
1/19/2018 8:34 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Not saying this to criticize the draft pick, just that it adds to a trend I think I've noticed:

We all know 20 mil scouting isn't perfect, but I feel like more often than not it overestimates Glove ratings in particular. And I've noticed because I'm always looking for a SS. But unless I see 88+ fielding ratings I worst-case scenario that the player won't make it to be a "true" SS. Now if that makes him a great 2B/3B/CF, and I can use that, then that's fine.

1/19/2018 1:00 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 1/19/2018 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by LoboOne04 on 1/18/2018 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Player Profile: Richard Miller - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Here ya go. Note that my previous projections were based on a HS budget of 20.
Can you pls post what were your scouting projections (if any) on Troy Chatwood, Felipe Plata, Billy Ray Hull, and Turner Christians?
Hey hey, whoa whoa, you're not supposed to be in my league. How did you see all those guys?
1/23/2018 11:05 PM
Posted by damag on 1/19/2018 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Not saying this to criticize the draft pick, just that it adds to a trend I think I've noticed:

We all know 20 mil scouting isn't perfect, but I feel like more often than not it overestimates Glove ratings in particular. And I've noticed because I'm always looking for a SS. But unless I see 88+ fielding ratings I worst-case scenario that the player won't make it to be a "true" SS. Now if that makes him a great 2B/3B/CF, and I can use that, then that's fine.

He was a 93 glove according to projections. 94 still according to advanced scouting of 14. Long way to go to reach that, though, I know.
1/23/2018 11:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Has anyone seen a batting profile like this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.