Most sucessful owner? Topic

WhatIfSports: User Profile

195 season, 188 playoffs, 27 World Series wins. Stumbled upon him in one of my leagues because he is playing a LH 2B and the negative plays blipped across the bottom. Thought maybe he was new and I was gonna help him. Than saw he's like 25 over .500 70 games in. Looked at his profile and said no help needed. LOL!
1/8/2018 12:34 PM
He obviously knows what he's doing but he has dropped teams mid-season in order to keep the high playoff % intact.
1/8/2018 12:39 PM
I've asked this before and will ask again.
....... who has money for these things?!?!
1/8/2018 12:45 PM
Ewd330 is a really good owner. But he tends to take over teams that are poised to win, run the course with them, and then move on. Nothing wrong with that mind you. I played with him in Hunter and he was a cool guy and all my dealings with him.

But not sure one can ascribe godhood to him given he doesn't do the rebuild thing.
1/8/2018 8:00 PM
Look at the payroll for all those teams the year before he bailed. He runs payroll way up and then when his players get old he bails and grabs another team.
1/8/2018 8:11 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 1/8/2018 8:11:00 PM (view original):
Look at the payroll for all those teams the year before he bailed. He runs payroll way up and then when his players get old he bails and grabs another team.
Be careful to judge him on that though. There are A LOT of owners who do that.
1/8/2018 8:36 PM
After playing in Riley for almost 30 years I have a lot of respect for BJB.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/UserCurrent.aspx?uid=105296

i figured when the scouting ratings went fuzzy he'd become mortal but he has continued to be very good. And has one of the best pitchers I've seen. Ever.
1/8/2018 9:52 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 1/8/2018 9:52:00 PM (view original):
After playing in Riley for almost 30 years I have a lot of respect for BJB.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/UserCurrent.aspx?uid=105296

i figured when the scouting ratings went fuzzy he'd become mortal but he has continued to be very good. And has one of the best pitchers I've seen. Ever.
Bjb to me is the best owner I've seen.
1/8/2018 10:10 PM
Posted by deer454 on 1/9/2018 2:25:00 AM (view original):
This resume is awfully impressive
Please.
1/9/2018 6:14 AM
He'a so dominant they named the world after him. XD XD
1/9/2018 8:09 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 1/8/2018 8:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Vitamin_C on 1/8/2018 8:11:00 PM (view original):
Be careful to judge him on that though. There are A LOT of owners who do that.
I actually prefer rebuilding teams over trying to win with a good team. I find taking an awful team to respectability to be quite rewarding. I find trying to take that team to the next level quite frustrating. I'm still trying it, but I've dropped good teams to go rebuild more often than not.
1/9/2018 9:22 AM
The only positive thing I can say about Gleeman is that I (and many others) found out about HBD through him. Took a few seasons to realize his worlds were just pyramid schemes.

Also, I agree with slash. I took over a WS winner in one world a while back and it just felt so empty because I had no stake in building that team up. Rebuilds are were it's at.
1/9/2018 1:56 PM (edited)
Posted by brianplath on 1/9/2018 1:56:00 PM (view original):
The only positive thing I can say about Gleeman is that I (and many others) found out about HBD through him. Took a few seasons to realize his worlds were just pyramid schemes.

Also, I agree with slash. I took over a WS winner in one world a while back and it just felt so empty because I had no stake in building that team up. Rebuilds are were it's at.
I started with Gleeman too. He kicked me out.

Totally agree with you and Slash.
1/9/2018 8:16 PM
What’s wrong with Gleeman and his world? It’s the only one I’ve ever been in but I like him and the world.
1/9/2018 8:56 PM
123 Next ▸
Most sucessful owner? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.