Simple Blackout league Season 3 ( League 58082 ) Topic

We may all be tired of seeing certain players too many times. Many don't want to go through the hassle of an entire draft. So here is a simple concept that might let us try something new.

Please refer to following link for previous seasons

Season 2: https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=504123

Season 1: https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=500507

We will discuss which players should be blacklisted, and which should be whitelisted.

Salary Cap : 52 million dollars

Season 2 records

Champion : filoe11 ( Team name: Superkaratemonkeydeathcar )
Regular Season MVP : Kevin Garnett ( coachcroft ) <- A Repeat MVP from same owner
Finals MVP : Jason Kidd ( filoe11 )

Rebounds : 15.0 rpg Artis Gilmore ( ncoldguy )
Assists : 11.9 apg Deron Williams ( coachcroft )
steals : 3.4 spg Alvin Robertson ( marengom )
blocks : 3.8 bpg Ben Wallace ( coachcroft )

Season 1 records

Champion : pointfwd ( team name: Best of the Rest )
Regular Season MVP : Kevin Garnett ( coachcroft )
Finals MVP : Giannis Antetokounmpo ( pointfwd )

Rebounds : 14.0 rpg Bill Russell ( mbeatty32 )
Assists : 12.0 apg Rajon Rondo ( samuelyork93 )
steals : 2.8 spg Dwyane Wade ( johnmace )
blocks : 4.1 bpg Ben Wallace ( gerryred )

----------------------------------

List of players banned. ( 30 players )
Bill Walton
Charles Barkley
Chris Paul
David Robinson
DeAndre Jordan
Dennis Rodman
Draymond Green
Dwayne Wade
Dwight Howard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Hakeem Olajuwon
Hassan Whiteside
Jason Kidd
John Stockton
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Karl Malone
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant
Kevin Garnett
Kevin McHale
Larry Bird
LeBron James
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Moses Malone
Rudy Gobert
Shaquille O'Neal
Stephen Curry
Tim Duncan
Wilt Chamberlain
1/25/2018 7:32 AM (edited)
What should the salary cap for the new season be, in millions of dollars?

Votes: 17
(Last vote received: 3/8/2018 4:59 PM)
1/10/2018 7:59 AM
Please tell me the following.

1. Which players should we ban this time?

2. Which player should we NOT ban this time?

3. Any suggestions?
1/10/2018 8:02 AM
I think we keep the same banned players and also ban the top used player at each position. OR just ban the most used player.
1/10/2018 8:24 AM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 1/10/2018 8:24:00 AM (view original):
I think we keep the same banned players and also ban the top used player at each position. OR just ban the most used player.
If we are to adopt this idea, we need to know which players are the most used players at each listed position. I am going to be very busy for rest of the day, so will anyone volunteer to find out which player was the most often used player at each listed position? Also, are we sure we aren't going to remove anyone in the blacklist for season 2? There were some players added there by some accident, coincidence, wish of a single person, or as a joke in a list that I just happened to borrow.
1/10/2018 9:04 AM
For your information, the 5 most used players were the following, in the order of their use.
name position count
Jason Kidd PG 12
Kevin Garnett PF 11
Bill Walton C 10
Kawhi Leonard SF 8
Rudy Gobert C 7

If you want most often used players by the listed position, it will be as follows

PG : Jason Kidd
SG: James Harden
SF: Kawhi Leonard,
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Bill Walton

Given the frequency of Rudy Gobert and James Harden(3), I think it is better to go by the top 5 most used players, regardless of position, if we were to add 5 players based on this season.

The Season's 2's black list is as follows

List of players banned.
Brian Scalabrine
Charles Barkley
Chris Paul
David Robinson
DeAndre Jordan
Dennis Rodman
Draymond Green
Dwayne Wade
Dwight Howard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Hakeem Olajuwon
Hassan Whiteside
John Starks
John Stockton
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Karl Malone
Kevin Durant
Kevin McHale
Larry Bird
LeBron James
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Moses Malone
Shaquille O'Neal
Stephen Curry
Tim Duncan
Wilt Chamberlain

From this list, I like to suggest removal of following players from the banned list

Brian Scalabrine : Joke case
Giannis Antetokounmpo : It was an accident
John Starks : Joke Case

Let me know if you have reasons to continue to ban any of these players.

Please tell me if there are other players we should consider removing from or adding to the banned list.
1/11/2018 2:37 PM
Add 5 most used every year would make sense and very interesting
1/11/2018 2:44 PM
I like the most 5 right now. Especially early on. I’d keep Giannis Banned though, he will be heavily used by almost everyone next season if he isn’t.
1/12/2018 6:43 AM
The only thing I was trying to accomplish by banning a player from every position was to avoid 3 or 4 players getting banned that are used at the same spot and severely depleting the pool at one position in the same season. But, that's fine to just ban the top 5. I guess it would work out.
1/13/2018 12:35 PM
Posted by coachcroft on 1/13/2018 12:35:00 PM (view original):
The only thing I was trying to accomplish by banning a player from every position was to avoid 3 or 4 players getting banned that are used at the same spot and severely depleting the pool at one position in the same season. But, that's fine to just ban the top 5. I guess it would work out.
Lucky for us, it is possible to imagine

Rudy Gobert at C
Bill Walton at PF
Kevin Garnet at SF
Kawhi Leonard at SG
and Jason Kidd at PG

so I think the top 5 still works out in a way.
1/13/2018 4:15 PM
Cogratulation to filoe for his hard fought championship. I will gather everyone's suggestions and comments until January 24th, 2018, and then announce what I hope to be the finalized rule on the 25th. If there is something you want to add to what has been said, or if you haven't yet voted on the salary cap, please do so soon. Remember, I am going to use the median value among the values entered in to the poll for the salary cap, not the mean, nor the mode of the data set from the poll.
1/17/2018 2:02 PM
Both the Median and Mode value from the Salary Cap Poll was 52 million dollars. Therefore, the new Salary cap will be 52 million dollars. Brian Scalabrine and John Starks will be unbanned. Rudy Gobert, Bill Walton, Kevin Garnet, Kawhi Leonard, and Jason Kidd will be added to the banned list. League number soon
1/25/2018 7:27 AM
League number : 58082
1/26/2018 2:02 AM
This is an open league so anyone can join as long as they abide by the rules in the first post.
1/26/2018 6:47 PM
12 teams have been entered so far. Jump in folks
2/6/2018 7:08 PM
12 Next ▸
Simple Blackout league Season 3 ( League 58082 ) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.