FWIW, I got beat by a D2 and a D3 at UNCA. In a way, I think I won. 120ish D1 users didn't want one guy and 700ish D1/D2 schools didn't want the other guy. How close to the bottom of the barrel was I?
1/11/2018 10:22 AM
Posted by johnsensing on 1/11/2018 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2018 9:48:00 AM (view original):
The D2 put in more effort. This isn't hard to comprehend. The little fake players are not real. They don't give a damn about D1/D2. They want to play some fake hoops for the fake school that shows them the most fake love when they're ready to fake sign.
As usual, mike misses the point. Obviously the DII had more effort. But when the only "more effort" is APs, it is idiotic that a DI C prestige team can't even get to high against a DII. Unless there's some sort of massive preference advantage to the DII team (was there, Benis?), something is broken here.

Of course, this has always been broken, and it ain't getting fixed -- they STILL can't even update the national champions page. This is the game we have, for worse or for worse, world without end, amen.
No, it isn’t broken. Benis made a decision. He knows how the game works, and intentionally went up against a championship caliber D2 team that had the whole first session to recruit. It’s a risk. Had the D2 not invested in the kid yet, he may have found a soft spot, and it would have worked out for him. Not this time.

Kids often pick championship caliber D2 athletics over bad D1 programs. Especially kids who don’t hold on to dreams of playing professionally. The system is not broken, it’s not unrealistic, and it’s not hard to understand.

User error. Report me all you want, I’ll be here all day.
1/11/2018 10:27 AM
The D2 put in more effort. This isn't hard to comprehend. The little fake players are not real. They don't give a damn about D1/D2. They want to play some fake hoops for the fake school that shows them the most fake love when they're ready to fake sign.
As usual, mike misses the point. Obviously the DII had more effort. But when the only "more effort" is APs, it is idiotic that a DI C prestige team can't even get to high against a DII. Unless there's some sort of massive preference advantage to the DII team (was there, Benis?), something is broken here.

Of course, this has always been broken, and it ain't getting fixed -- they STILL can't even update the national champions page. This is the game we have, for worse or for worse, world without end, amen.
Ya...unfortunately this ^^^^
1/11/2018 10:35 AM
Please don't quote JSS. I generally doze off within his first sentence. Boring as hell. Charlie Brown's teacher with every post. Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah.

Benis happily pointed out that there is a risk in reaching up some time ago when I said "You know the D2/D3 users pay for the game just like the D1. They're just as disappointed to lose out on a recruit." Maybe he doesn't understand there is a risk in arriving late on a recruit. Hey, benis, coming in late on a recruit is risky!!
1/11/2018 10:36 AM

I had worse preferences. I was very bad on long time coach, he was neutral I think. I had bad for defense, he was Good. Neutral on distance and conf
1/11/2018 10:39 AM
Posted by Benis on 1/11/2018 10:39:00 AM (view original):

I had worse preferences. I was very bad on long time coach, he was neutral I think. I had bad for defense, he was Good. Neutral on distance and conf
You may not be aware, Benis, but sometimes D2 teams do spend their resources. With multiple preference disadvantages, and likely a huge deficit of APs, your decision to go after this guy is looking worse and worse.

User error.
1/11/2018 10:44 AM
It’s almost as if you made an intentionally bad choice so you could create another “more whining” thread.

1/11/2018 10:55 AM
Would you support having all actions unlocked for D1 teams in the second session?
1/11/2018 11:08 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/11/2018 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Would you support having all actions unlocked for D1 teams in the second session?
Now we are getting somewhere!
1/11/2018 11:10 AM
Posted by Benis on 1/11/2018 5:28:00 AM (view original):
I just moved up to D1 Memphis in Iba and started recruiting in 2nd session. Targetting a Juco - 1st two cycles I used 80 AP to open actions and 3rd cycle I sent 20 HVs, 1CV, 20 minutes and start.

End result - he signs with a D2. ftbeagles is on here alot so maybe he can share what he did.

The best part about this is that I didn't even get into signing range. Both myself and another D1 team were both still at moderate while the D2 was at VH.

This is such an assbackwards system they've created.
To sum up, you knew you had a poor preference match, and a huge AP disadvantage was possible. You went after the kid anyway. And you’re so offended by the idea that getting beat is the logical result of your bad decisions, rather than a “broken” system that you’re reporting all of my posts.

Ok, Benis. Speak *your* truth.

user error
1/11/2018 11:17 AM
Posted by Benis on 1/11/2018 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/11/2018 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Now we are getting somewhere!
How would that change the outcome? Are you contending that you don’t think your visits were counted? If you believe that’s true, you should contact CS and clarify.
1/11/2018 11:20 AM
Wow, 7 reported posts since I posted this morning. Sorry I missed the fun.
1/11/2018 11:30 AM
Assbackwards is the fact that I reserved a team in IBA last week and I am missing session 2. I can’t see IBA on the first page; so I know I still have my reservation on the team.

They seriously haven’t figured out how to change it so that new coaches can recruit during session 2. It’s a joke.
1/11/2018 11:37 AM (edited)
Posted by johnsensing on 1/11/2018 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Wow, 7 reported posts since I posted this morning. Sorry I missed the fun.
I can’t wait to see the hit Benis’s forum rating is going to take when the smoke clears!
1/11/2018 11:37 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 1/11/2018 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Assbackwards is the fact that I reserved a team in IBA last week and I am missing session 2. I can’t see IBA on the first page; so I know I still have my reservation on the team.

They seriously haven’t figured out how to change it so that new coaches can recruit during session 2. It’s a joke.
When you reserve a team, you start after recruiting. You only get in on second session recruiting when you take the job via job change period.
1/11/2018 11:38 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.