$52 Million Draft League Commentary Topic

I drafted Rodman once and had a great team but lost in the finals to dh555.
1/13/2018 10:03 PM
I worry about Moses, even at that range. His usage is the lowest for any first round pick outside of Rodman. It's hard to find a second round pick that goes with him. His passing is pretty bad for a top 10 pick. He's also a poor rim protector for the money. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one of the two point guards that might be available in that range, but then your usage is still pretty low. I'm wondering if Moses is among the worst first round picks in terms of average wins. Does somebody know?
1/13/2018 11:38 PM
CP3 & Karl Malone were unbelievable value picks... You can make a valid argument that they are the 7th & 8th (at least) best players in this league... certainly both are top 11.
1/14/2018 11:46 AM (edited)
Posted by milest on 1/14/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
CP3 & Karl Malone were unbelievable value picks... You can make a valid argument that they are the 7th & 8th (at least) best players in this league... certainly both are top 11.
You guys are making me feel bad about picking Moses instead of Chris Paul.
1/14/2018 11:47 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 1/13/2018 11:39:00 PM (view original):
I worry about Moses, even at that range. His usage is the lowest for any first round pick outside of Rodman. It's hard to find a second round pick that goes with him. His passing is pretty bad for a top 10 pick. He's also a poor rim protector for the money. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one of the two point guards that might be available in that range, but then your usage is still pretty low. I'm wondering if Moses is among the worst first round picks in terms of average wins. Does somebody know?
"He's also a poor rim protector for the money."

Blocks are easily the most overvalued and least important stat in the SIM. He's an 80 defender. Yes, 90 is better, but 80 isn' bad... Blocks are 'nice', I guess, but I'd really not prefer to pay for them, if I had an option. A player rated 80 on D with few blocks is going to affect the outcome of the game the same as a player rated 80 on D with a ton of blocks. Considerinng everything else is equal...
1/14/2018 11:52 AM
Posted by maglor1 on 1/14/2018 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by milest on 1/14/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
You guys are making me feel bad about picking Moses instead of Chris Paul.
Well, you shouldn't feels as bad as the guys who took KD & Bird over Moses. (And cp3, and mailman, and worm). Lol

Moses was a very good pick.
1/14/2018 11:55 AM
his usage is perfect as a 2nd or 3rd scoring option...plenty of higher usg options available later in the draft...moses incredible oreb% goes great with all of them....also cant discount his ftas and low fouls
1/14/2018 6:54 PM
Posted by milest on 1/14/2018 11:52:00 AM (view original):
"He's also a poor rim protector for the money."

Blocks are easily the most overvalued and least important stat in the SIM. He's an 80 defender. Yes, 90 is better, but 80 isn' bad... Blocks are 'nice', I guess, but I'd really not prefer to pay for them, if I had an option. A player rated 80 on D with few blocks is going to affect the outcome of the game the same as a player rated 80 on D with a ton of blocks. Considerinng everything else is equal...
im not so sure about that.....but i do agree i wouldnt worry about blocks when deciding between players...dreb% is waaaaay more important
1/14/2018 6:56 PM
Mailman is a top-8 pick for me. He's maybe my favorite $52 mil player ever, and I didn't expect him to fall to me, but I wanted to try something new with Giannis. The allure of Giannis is that he brings pretty amazing flexibility with 21 dreb%/19ast% from the SF spot, 80+ defense at all five positions, and good efficiency with pretty high usage. The downside is relatively high fouls for a first rounder, only 2800 minutes, and he doesn't do much as a 3pt shooter from the 3 spot, which has to be made up elsewhere. (Also, to maximize his flexibility I'll have to have a PF who's effective enough at SF to slide down defensively - not super easy considering I'll need him to be a pretty good offensive rebounder too.)

Anyway, I think the right range for Giannis is 18-22 or so, but I wanted to use him. So there.

Also, I'm positive that Moses is someone I've never paid enough attention to because he historically got drafted higher than I thought he should have been. Great value as a mid-1st, though.
1/15/2018 10:48 AM
what on earth are you talking about? 4pts of usage at 54.7% efg, 44 creb, 80 D, 100% eligible at either big spot, high FTA, low PF - why are you worrying about assists from your center? and blocks aren't that big a deal
1/15/2018 11:28 AM
"Also, to maximize his flexibility I'll have to have a PF who's effective enough at SF to slide down defensively"

when i first started draft leagues i was able to pick up a few key tips from the vets who were doing well...this is what i took from you tarheel...thanks for that
1/15/2018 11:34 AM
I almost went with Garnett at 21, but decided to go with Duncan at the last second. We shall see...
1/15/2018 12:31 PM
Posted by copernicus on 1/15/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
what on earth are you talking about? 4pts of usage at 54.7% efg, 44 creb, 80 D, 100% eligible at either big spot, high FTA, low PF - why are you worrying about assists from your center? and blocks aren't that big a deal
How many other first round picks are only 4 pts of usage? Not that many. How many top 10 picks are? Only Dwight.
1/15/2018 2:44 PM
Okay, Wade and Draymond is crazy value for that first turn. Yeesh.
1/15/2018 4:02 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 1/15/2018 2:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 1/15/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
How many other first round picks are only 4 pts of usage? Not that many. How many top 10 picks are? Only Dwight.
I've always used the 10-11 season for Dwight in this league, but we'll see how the next couple rounds go for me.

But I'm among those who think Moses could have / should have gone higher this time around. I think he's a pretty legit top 7 pick and he's certainly gone higher at this cap level. His best season gives you a start on a lot that's important in building a competitive team: boards, defense, reasonably efficient inside scoring. Add in his oreb% and his FTAs (which he makes at a better clip than any comparable big man) and he's positively unique in the sim. He's the only player I seriously considered other than Dwight with the #7 pick.
1/15/2018 4:08 PM
1|2|3...13 Next ▸
$52 Million Draft League Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.