$52 Million Draft League Commentary Topic

9. uptowngbv - Kevin Durant, Bob McAdoo, Andre Drumond, Marvin Williams, Russell Westbrook, Cedric Ceballos, Dan Gadzurich
I’ll just be blunt with this one. I don’t like it. There are only two ways I could possibly see Westbrook succeeding in this league. He either needs PHENOMENAL rebounding from the whole team or A BUNCH of usage from much more efficient scorers to take shots from him. Durant by himself doesn’t take enough shots away from Russell by himself even if he is the kind of play I am talking about and the rebounding here is really good but not good enough to account for all the air balls Russell will be shooting. Not to mention while you’re missing shots the other teams will be scoring on your defense which is subpar. Now that I have been absolutely awful the plus sign is that everyone other than Westbrook is very efficient so I could be wrong and it will be enough and you are better in the rebound department then a lot of the teams here so who knows. But my bet is no playoffs for you.

10. pennsylvania - Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Larry Nance, Tree Rollins, Paul Pressey, JaVale McGee, Wesley Person

Penn like usual you have a pretty balanced team. You have solid defense, great rebounding from your starters, efficient scoring, and the right amount of usage. I don’t have many negatives about this team. Save one. I get why you drafted Wesley Person you needed 3s something awful and he is a great 3 and D guy but whenever he is on the court you will probably have to take out one either Bird or Pressey and they are very central to what makes your team so good. That is the only thing that really makes me nervous about this squad, good job. Playoffs.

11. milest - Dennis Rodman, Julius Erving, Patrick Ewing, Mike Conley, Andrew Bogut, Chris Anderson, Kenneth Faried
This team is one that I want it to work. I really do. It has all my favorite things. High EFG, Defense, and fantastic rebounds. But….. Your assist number are crazy low it will probably hurt your efficiency a lot. The good news is that maybe your good rebounding might make up for it. I love the pairing of Ewing with Rodman and Erving though. Ewing’s main weakness is a lack of offensive rebounds for his position and rodman and Erving provide that in spades. If it was me, and I can’t believe I am saying this, but instead of Conley I would have gone after someone with more assists even if they had worse defense. With your missed shots and good rebounding you will probably lead the league in total rebounds. I go back and forth if this team will win a lot or a little but I don’t think they make the playoffs.

12. tarheel1991 - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Elton Brand, Jerry Lucas, Paul George, Patrick Beverly, Brent Price, David Lee
This team turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I was worried when you mentioned you weren’t playing Elton Brand @ SF. Elton Brand is one of my favorites in the sim. He was my 2nd round choice last year and one of the main reasons I won last year. But he truly shines at SF where he has a big rebounding and blocking advantage. But Jerry Lucas helps with the rebounds and you were able to get just the right guys to make this a pretty decently balanced and efficient group. George and Beverly provide offense from the outside while Brand and Giannis provide the majority of the offense below while Lucas grabs the missed shots. Defense is Ok but doesn’t really wow me. I think the assists are just enough to keep you out of trouble but it could be bothersome if it goes any lower when the bench comes on. And rebounds are just enough to compete as well. I think you could sneak into the playoffs. It could happen.

13. jcred5 - Karl Malone, Anfernee Hardaway, Horace Grant, Kyle Lowry, Mel Daniels, Arvydas Sabonis, Jon Barry
This is another pretty solid team at first glance. There isn’t anything that really stands out though. Rebounds? Solid. EFG? Solid. Defense? Solid. 3s? Decent enough. Sabonis is one of my favorite players ever and is great off the bench. I also love the pairing of Malone and Grant. You needed some ORebs to counter what Malone Lacked and Grant provided. There is one glaring flaw that I’ve seen a few others have as well. Too much usage. Now, I don’t know which seasons for sure you are using but from what I can tell your usage numbers are going to be too high. Taking away sots from Karl Malone is the last thing I would want to do. I think his team just misses out on the playoffs for that reason alone.

14. maglor1 - Moses Malone, Jason Kidd, Andrei Kirlenko, Willis Reed, Kemba Walker, Eric Bledsoe, Toni Kukoc
I think it is another decent team. I like the pairing of Kidd and Moses. They compliment each other well. Reed and Andrei and decent picks as well. I also usually don’t like Kemba Walker on here, but he provided the few things your team was missing. Defense could be a little better. But if you can tell with the rest of these evals I am picky when it comes to my defense. But I would say it is about average with the rest of the league. This team checks off all my requirements for a good team so they just sneak into the playoffs.

1/25/2018 4:22 PM
15. bigthirsty - Chris Paul, Alonzo Mourning, Amare Stoudemire, Brent Barry, Emeka Okafor, Josh Smith, Tim Hardaway
Josh Smith was an excellent snag towards the end of the draft for you. He is a very balanced player to have lasted as long as he did. One thing I don’t like on this team is having mourning and Stoudemire on the same team. In their best seasons they are basically the same play except Stoudemire shoots better while Mourning is much better on defense. Now I don’t know exactly which seasons you are using so things could get interesting there. Barry helps out with threes while Chris Paul always helps any team he is on. He is a great asset. Okafor was essential for you as well. There is the possibility that over usage could be a problem, but I am not sure. I think that this team misses the playoffs.

16. midge - DeAndre Jordan, Kevin Mchale, Manu Ginobili, Serge Ibaka, Kevin Johnson, Brandon Rush, Kyle O’quinn
I really really like that you paired Mchale and Deandre together. No one is going to stop you down low. Rebounds are solid too, But that is going to go for almost any team playing Deandre Jordan. Scoring in the paint will also be nearly impossible against the combined front of Mchale, Jordan, and Ibaka. Very solid. EFG is pretty decent too. Now the cons. Manu is a great player but his limited minutes make you vulnerable and your assist number are low enough to make me worry for you. I am not wowed by Brandon rush either, he is a good player but I don’t think he was a good fit for your team. I think you miss the playoffs unfortunately

17. twinsfan8791 - John Stockton, Hakeem Olajuwon, Ray Allen, Gerald Wallace, Wes Unseld, Kyle Korver, Clifford Ray
I really like this team offensively. IRL this team would be pretty unstoppable. Wallace and Hakeem will have to carry most of the defensive duties since Allen and Unseld aren’t what you would call “studs” defensively. I think the rebounds are kinda weakish but they aren’t horrible. I think Unseld’s defense is really what’s going to hurt you in the long run. I personally don’t like having a crazy three point shooter like Allen without having a crazy good offensive rebounder to pair them with. As much as I like this team I think it misses the playoffs.

18. samuelyork93 - Rudy Gobert, Ben Wallace, Clyde Drexler, Vince Carter, Darrell Armstrong, Kirk Hinrich, Clint Capela
Won’t go on and on about my own team I hope one of yall can do that for me but I’ll make quick notes about likes and dislikes. Good Defense, decent rebounds, decent threes. BUT bare minimum assist numbers and not as efficient as I’d like. Playoffs? No Idea.

19. sixernuggets - James Harden, Hassan Whiteside, Sidney Moncrief, A.C. Green, Bob Lanier, Joe Dumars, Kermit Washington
I very cautiously like this team. Defensively they are pretty solid excluding James harden whose Sim rating is much higher than it actually should be (and I’m talking his 56 def season). Rebounding numbers are elite and assist number are the perfect number not to hurt you. Usage numbers are just a tad too high for my taste but I think having them kinda high leaves a room for a guy like Dumars to come in with lower usage and not drag down the team. Only issue with Dumars is when he is on the court assist and rebound numbers may take a dive. This team I think will safely make the playoffs. On a side note I think all yall sleep on Lanier to often. A lot of people get drafted before him that shouldn’t.
1/25/2018 4:23 PM
20. jkaye24 - Charles Barkley, Chauncey Billups, Tyson Chandler, Marques Johnson, Otto Porter, George Hill, Oliver Miller
This team’s biggest strength is overall the team’s EFG is crazy good. Also, with a three point shooter like Billups I think it is important to have offensive rebounders like Barkley and Chandler. I think the Defense is a tossup depending on what seasons you choose to employ with Barkley. Rebounds are decent definitely enough to compete but your assist numbers are going to be kind of low really hurting those EFG numbers I was talking about. I like hill as a bench player but you need more assists then what he gives but Oliver Miller fits great alongside Barkley; however, I do not think this team makes it to the playoffs.

21. cjok1051 - Tim Duncan, Magic Johnson, Bobby Jones, Chris Webber, Danny Green, Jason Terry, Samuel Dalembert
If we were judging team by IRL potential I would definitely say this team would win the championship. There is no way I would bet against a Magic Duncan. In the sim though this team is pretty solid too. Pretty good defense (depending on what magic you use) and rebounds are either good enough or excellent (again depending on Magic). Not to mention EFG is pretty darn good and has the assist numbers to keep the scoring up. Terry was an important acquisition to beef up your threes but I don’t know how I like Dalembert backing up Webber and Duncan here. They will proabably be your two top usage guys and he is a low usage center but we will see. I think this is definitely a playoff team.

22. dh555 - Kevin Garnett, Kawai Leonard, Derek Harper, Pau Gasol, Jamaal Tinsley, J.R. Smith, Dale Davis
So I really like that you paired Garnett with Leonard. One of Garnetts biggest flaws is he doesn’t score very well so getting a high and efficient scoring guy like leonard is essential if you are going to use him and be successful. After that I don’t understand this team. I could be missing something but the rebounds are pretty not good and the usage points are too high to take advantage of Kawaii’s efficient scoring potential. And who is your fifth starter? I know you will probably start Garnett, Leonard, Gasol, and Harper. But where does Dale Davis fit is he actually starting? This team left me with lots of questions. Maybe I have just been writing these evals too long idk. On the plus side from wat I can tell you defense is decent and you make enough 3s so yeah. Sorry commish I don’t think you are making the playoffs this time.

23. copernicus - Artis Gilmore, Scottie Pippen, Walt Frazier, Nikola Jokic, Bo Outlaw, Tracy McGrady, Bismack Biyombo
I have one major problem with this team. 99-00 Bo Outlaw. I would not play him if it was me. I never play anyone with under 10 usage it could possibly sabotage your whole team. Defense is decent as long as Jokic doesn’t play too much. He is FANTASTIC offensively but is a liability on defense. I don’t get the McGrady pick. I feel like you either picked him because you felt he shouldn’t have fell that far or because you didn’t want someone else to have him. I am not sure. I think his super high usage doesn’t fit well with the rest of your team. I also don’t like the season you plan on picking for Pippen either (I am basing these judgments on the post you made to the forum.). Playing Biyombo as many minutes as you can would definitely help you. Your assist numbers are pretty good with most everyone pitching in. Your rebounds are decent too, they definitely won’t hurt ya. Unfortunately I don’t think you make the playoffs.

24. bds992 - Dwyane Wade, Draymond Green, Joakim Noah, Charlie Ward, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum, Nate McMillan
I like that you picked lower usage guys to pair with Wade. He needs to dominate the ball and you picked guys to stay out of his way. With the exception of Love the defense is pretty swell as well. Lots of assists coming from everywhere so maybe you can boost wade’s shooting percentage up a tad. Green and Love help you with the 3s wade can’t provide but Noah’s EFG might hold you back some. Love saves you from being in rebound trouble but again hurts your defense. I think using Ward and McMillan in tandem would be a great idea and Bynum is great as a big man bench player. I think this team might just be good enough to make the playoffs.
1/25/2018 4:24 PM
Thanks for the evals, I think they add a lot to the league. I think you have about 10 teams making the playoffs. I would like to volunteer my team for one of the two remaining spots.
1/25/2018 4:57 PM
Pretty sure I’ll be in - but I’ve been wrong before
1/25/2018 5:06 PM
I’ll be in the playoffs
1/25/2018 6:05 PM
Nice job on the write ups.
one correction - Boozer is backing up AD at PF.

wilt
AD/ booze
Mase/ Evans
Payton
Mookie
undrafted fillers.

team D of about 83. 39/99 I think rebounding. 89% or so assists. 550 3pm. I think this team will get over the EFG inefficiencies by winning possessions.
1/25/2018 7:03 PM
I definitely like boozer off the bench better
1/25/2018 7:19 PM
8. pointfwd - David Robinson, Marcus Camby, Rajon Rondo, Kobe Bryant, Larry Sanders, Blake Griffin, Ryan Anderson
I am not entirely sure what to make of this team. I have never seen the major appeal of Camby, he rebounds and defends well but not enough to make me draft him this high, especially with his limited minutes

Points well taken! Camby is just one of those guys who seems to do well in the sim. Passing and def and boards that are hard to come by in later rounds.
Griffin and Anderson play sf only as they combine for 48 mins conveniently. I may need to rethink my usage drafting in the future. Fun draft.
1/25/2018 9:08 PM
This is the lowest assist team I've ever fielded in any league... but... I think I have enough. We'll see, but my current theory is that if you have over 50 ast% on the floor at all times, you'll be fine... but thats a theory. I will have several minutes per game with over 50 Oreb%... and will start the game with 47%, so hopefully that will help if I don't have enough ast%.

I had the same starting backcourt last season, & my starting frontcourt this season only has slightly lower total ast%. The test will be when Faried & Birdman are on the floor together, but that's almost guaraneed to be 8 mins/game or less... Good job with the evals.
1/25/2018 9:41 PM (edited)
great job on the evals sam....but you sleep on dale davis in the 6th
1/25/2018 9:30 PM
Amerk: are you using Alvin at the SF, or is he backing up both guard spots & you're playing undrafted guys at SF?
1/25/2018 11:00 PM (edited)
Posted by dh555 on 1/25/2018 9:30:00 PM (view original):
great job on the evals sam....but you sleep on dale davis in the 6th
This is why I was asking where he will be playing. I think he will bee the key to your success.
1/25/2018 9:57 PM
Posted by milest on 1/25/2018 9:41:00 PM (view original):
This is the lowest assist team I've ever fielded in any league... but... I think I have enough. We'll see, but my current theory is that if you have over 50 ast% on the floor at all times, you'll be fine... but thats a theory. I will have several minutes per game with over 50 Oreb%... and will start the game with 47%, so hopefully that will help if I don't have enough ast%.

I had the same starting backcourt last season, & my starting frontcourt this season only has slightly lower total ast%. The test will be when Faried & Birdman are on the floor together, but that's almost guaraneed to be 8 mins/game or less... Good job with the evals.
My running theory is that anything under 68% isn't functional. I may be wrong though. I'll be keeping an eye on your team because if I'm wrong it'll change how I draft completely.
1/25/2018 10:04 PM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 1/25/2018 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 1/25/2018 9:41:00 PM (view original):

My running theory is that anything under 68% isn't functional. I may be wrong though. I'll be keeping an eye on your team because if I'm wrong it'll change how I draft completely.
60 is plenty and we've see 50 do fine actually.
1/25/2018 10:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...13 Next ▸
$52 Million Draft League Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.