1970 big league draft Topic

OF Luis Melendez.

Guys, I am heading to Key West in the morning and then over to Jupiter for a Cards' game on Sunday. I will be out of the loop until Monday. Can you just give me the HSP available during the next rounds? Otherwise I'll just pick the over crap when I get back. I need AB at C, 2b, ss and about 200 or so IP. Thanks.
3/23/2005 10:06 PM
Welcome back C Mike Ryan.
3/23/2005 10:08 PM
Cleveland selects the glove of SS Frank Baker
3/23/2005 10:09 PM
On the table- Wilbur Wood and Willie Horton.
3/23/2005 10:09 PM
Again, Nate Colbert is on the block. Looking for pitching.
3/23/2005 10:43 PM
hey, i think all i need to fill out my roster is a shortstop. can anyone verify this? somehow i seem to have things rather disorganized. my internet has been out for the past week, so making picks has been tough.
3/24/2005 12:36 AM
Kansas City Royals Roster

Quote: Originally Posted By sinatra on 3/24/2005

hey, i think all i need to fill out my roster is a shortstop. can anyone verify this? somehow i seem to have things rather disorganized. my internet has been out for the past week, so making picks has been tough.

Quote: Originally Posted By sinatra on 3/14/2005
here's my protected list. I don't know if I need to count the guys I got in the prospect draft as protected or not. They are included on this list but that may not be necessary.

Kansas City Royals Protected List

C- Andy Etchebarren, Ellie Rodriguez

1B - Danny Cater, Dalton Jones

2B - Horace Clarke, Tito Fuentes

3B - Wayne Garrett, Billy Grabarkewitz, Syd O'Brien

OF - Tommy Davis, Cito Gaston, Dave May, Dwight Evans

P - Wade Blasingame, Pat Dobson, Tom Griffin, Jim Hannan, Mike Marshall, Gary Peters, Dave Roberts, Bill Stoneman, J.R. Richard
13 Batters + 9 Pitchers = 22 Players - 2 prospects, J.R. Richard and Dwight Evans = 20 on 1970 roster , so 5 selections needed in Free Agent Draft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1 - Pick 4 - Jerry Reuss - P( K.C. Royals - sinatra )

Round 1 - Pick 9 - Tom Grieve - OF ( acquired by K.C. Royals -sinatra ) K.C. Royals

Round 1 - Pick 10 - Danny Thompson - 2B ( acquired by K.C. Royals -sinatra ) K.C. Royals

Round 2- Pick 4 - Les Cain - P( Kansas City Royals - sinatra )

Round 3- Pick 6 Royals by 10:30 - late ( Kansas City Royals - sinatra )

Round 3- Pick 14 - late( Washington Senators - xfl outlaw )K.C. Royals

Round 4- Pick 5 Royals by 9:30 - late( Kansas City Royals - sinatra )

If I am accurate, you would keep the pick acquired in trade,but not be able to select a player without clearing a roster spot with some trade. Also, the Kansas City Royals would not have a 4th Round pick since your roster is full at the end of Round 3. You would likely trade the 3rd round pick acquired from the Washington Senators for some asset that will not effect your full 1970 roster.Such as a future pick or an inactive player, or a protected prospect.
3/24/2005 3:22 AM
for today's schedule, the Brewers own both the Angels pick and the Reds pick in the 4th round, via the Kirkpatrick deal from yesterday
3/24/2005 5:17 AM
I am looking for a good catcher for a few seasons. I am offering P Jim Brewer who is one of the best closers over the next couple of years and/or prospect Doyle Alexander who is really good into the late 80's.

I am willing to package other players in any deal as well.
3/24/2005 7:29 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
3/24/2005 7:55 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
3/24/2005 8:59 AM
I just want to be clear on something. Do the 68' owners protected players apply to anymore upcoming drafts. For example let's say that they protected someone who debuts in 72', do they lose that 1st round pick, or is it just the 70' picks that were affected ? Just curious for trade issues...thanks
3/24/2005 9:49 AM
Shadow, I protected Richie Zisk who debuts in 1972.I will lose that years numnber 1 pick unless I unclaim Zisk allowing him to be drafted.
3/24/2005 10:43 AM
Ok, thanks Jeff
3/24/2005 11:09 AM
SP correct me if I am wrong, but the only penalty for protecting prospects was the loss of the 1st Rnd pick by those 7 owners this year. There was some discussion before the '69 season started that teams should lose picks in the year their last prospect debuted, but it was decided that the easiest thing would be for everyone to take a hit in 1970 and be done with it. Other than that I don't think there is a penalty. - jl
3/24/2005 11:13 AM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...32 Next ▸
1970 big league draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.