1970 big league draft Topic

If we've had no discussions on it, 9-12 pitchers sounds good. Like jp, I need innings, so going with 11 pitchers is the opposite of tanking in my case
3/23/2005 9:28 AM
the Brewers and Angels have made a deal...

the Angels send C/OF Ed Kirkpatrick and their two 4th round picks (Angels and Reds picks) to the Brewers for the Brewers two remaining 3rd round picks (Tigers and A's picks acquired in trades) and the Brewers 1st pick in the 4th round
3/23/2005 9:43 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
3/23/2005 9:47 AM

With the 3rd round pick obtained from the Angels, the Reds select Boots Day, OF

sitemailing
3/23/2005 9:51 AM
I may be doing something wrong, but I am unable to come up with 4 + pitchers who should have 1970 seasons, but who are not coming up in the SIM search. Tried several searches after initially using 1970 any pitcher search.

Problem solved, thank you. dpuccio
3/23/2005 9:54 AM
with the newly acquired pick (Tigers via Brewers), the Angels will suffer the embarrassment of drafting a player they had just cut last week

P-George Brunet

sitemail
3/23/2005 9:58 AM
ooooodoggie - I just tried a couple of them and got 1970 stats. I just entered the last name and changed order by to season.
3/23/2005 9:59 AM

One other thing. Did we have any rulings regarding split seasons or full seasons?
3/23/2005 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By Saffron on 3/23/2005

One other thing. Did we have any rulings regarding split seasons or full seasons?

if I remember correctly, there was no rule set up on this-you can use any version you wish-there was some talk of using only the partial if it was on your actual team, but that would become almost impossible over the years as rosters began looking less and less like the real life counterparts
3/23/2005 10:30 AM

Thanks sj
3/23/2005 10:32 AM
Round 3

1. Brewers by 8 - Al Gallagher - 3B( Milwaukee Brewers - jptrainwreck )

2. Padres by 8:30 - Denny Doyle - 2B( San Diego Padres - Schlemiel )

3. Rangers by 9 - Leron Lee - OF ( Texas Rangers - shadow35 ) San Diego Padres

4. Phillies by 9:30 - Jackie Brown - P( Philadelphia Phillies - seaphil )

5. Yankees by 10 - Jerry Janeski - P( New York Yankees - tonaughl )

6. Royals by 10:30 - late ( Kansas City Royals - sinatra )

7. White Sox by 11 - Jack Heidemann - SS( Chicago White Sox - occsid )

8. Red Sox by 11:30 - Dave Campbell- 2B( Boston Red Sox - specsman )

9. Dodgers by 12 midnight EST - Doug Griffin - 2B ( LA Dodgers - dpuccio )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weds. schedule

Round 3 (continued)

10. Angels by 12:30 PM EST - Boots Day - OF( California Angels - sjstapleton )Cincinnati Reds

11. Tigers by 1 - George Brunet - P ( Detroit Tigers - Funkadelic ) California Angels

12. Indians by 1:30 - Marv Staehle - 2B ( Cleveland Indians - Cicero )

13. Pirates by 2 - Tom Dukes - P ( Pittsburgh Pirates - jeff4noles )

14. Senators by 2:30 - late( Washington Senators - xfl outlaw )K.C. Royals

15. A's by 3 - Mel Queen - P ( Oakland Athletics - goldman23 ) California Angels

16. Astros by 3:30 - Dick Ellsworth - P ( Houston Astros - Robin4 )

17. Cubs by 4 - Joe Decker - P( Chicago Cubs - ooooohdoggie )

18. Reds by 4:30 - Paul Ratliff - C ( Cincinnati Reds - Saffron )

19. Giants by 5 - Ed Spiezio - 3B ( San Francisco Giants - ctibb )

20. Twins by 5:30 - late ( Minnesota Twins - cardinaldave )

21. Cards by 6 - Jeff Torborg - C ( St. Louis cardinals - bowlum )

22. Mets by 6:30 - Jim Nelson - P ( New York Mets - ceez )

23. Braves by 7 - Dave Morehead - P ( Atlanta Braves - jwilli7122 )

24. Orioles by 7:30 - Bernie Smith - OF ( Baltimore Orioles - necki )

Round 4

1. Brewers by 8 - ( Milwaukee Brewers - jptrainwreck )

2. Padres by 8:30 - ( San Diego Padres - Schlemiel )

4. Phillies by 9 - ( Philadelphia Phillies - seaphil )

5. Royals by 9:30 - ( Kansas City Royals - sinatra )

6. Yankees by 10 - ( New York Yankees - tonaughl )

8. Red Sox by 10:30 - ( Boston Red Sox - specsman )

9. Dodgers by 11 - ( LA Dodgers - dpuccio )

10. Indians by 11:30 - ( Cleveland Indians - Cicero )

11. Tigers by 12 midnight EST - ( Detroit Tigers - Funkadelic )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3/23/2005 10:39 AM
I just went through the rules thread. It seemed to me sj's point was argued,but seaphil's origiinal decision about partial seasons was not altered.

Quote: Originally Posted By shadow35 on 1/10/2005

Quote: Originally Posted By seaphil on 1/09/2005
You can use a partial season if it matches your franchise or you can use the full season. You just can't use a partial season attatched to a different franchise.
So, I guess, partial seasons don't apply to expansion clubs since this is our first season, and using a player's partial season attached to our franchise would be impossible...just checking
Quote: Originally Posted By jwilli7122 on 1/16/2005

that might make sense since this rule will be hard to enforce. people might not remember the rule and might break it when making their rosters.

but the commish has spoken and i think we should let it drop

That's cool that the commish made his ruling, but it doesn't make any sense that a league rule doesn't apply to all teams ....'use partial seasons that match your franchise'...unless like I said it I misread it, and if I did seaphil will be able to clear it up for me.
3/23/2005 10:41 AM

Ok

I know Cicero sent out proxies but I don't know to whom so when I sitemailed, I sent it to him...pretty useless since he's at work.
3/23/2005 10:46 AM

Just as an aside...Be careful in drafting for innings. I'm in another league which is already playing under the new SIM engine rules. We're finding it brutally unforgiving if you don't have sufficient innings. One owner drafted 1300 innings and finds most of his staff in the red right now.
3/23/2005 11:03 AM
Regarding partial seasons, no restrictions were adopted, though I would lean towards making it full season only from here on in if anyone wanted to push me for a final decision. That being said, I think the most fair option is to allow people to use whichever version of their player they want.
3/23/2005 12:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...32 Next ▸
1970 big league draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.