Is there any way to get your money back?
1/14/2018 7:53 PM
Not enjoying the game?
1/14/2018 8:15 PM
It's awful. 3 Injuries during spring training, which I still managed to finish with a 12-6 record, but once the regular season started, 2/3 of my batters are hitting below .200 and the ones who are actually hitting are making errors at a horrendous rate. Most of my pitchers have double digit ERA's or very close to it. All of this despite the fact that comparable players on other teams have none of these problems... I spent 10 mil on coaches, maxed out my health and training budgets. Budgeted 20 mil for prospects, but can't get any because the vets are paying signing bonuses for single players equivalent to my entire budget. At this point, I can't imagine how this game COULD be enjoyable.
1/14/2018 8:32 PM
It's 12 games.

1/14/2018 8:50 PM
And?
1/14/2018 8:53 PM
You're like 12 games in. This is a complex game. What you might think are comparable players, may not be. Also, you're only 12 games in. You could just be running a stretch where multiple players are slumping at the same time.

As far as international free agents go, the "veteran" owners are either spending most of their prospect budget early or you're in a bad world and a have a bunch of tanking owners who have like $30M player payrolls. If this is the case, find a better world and at least that aspect will be more enjoyable.

I would recommend sticking with it a out a little longer. Find someone to help you understand the game, not someone in your world. There's a mentor list at the top of this forum. That would be a good place to start. It's a really fun game once you get comfortable with it, but it is a very in-depth game with a learning curve.
1/14/2018 8:55 PM
Also, didn't this season cost you like $5?
1/14/2018 8:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
So, real life teams with really good training staffs don't ever run into injuries in ST?

Sounds like someone is just looking for a venue to complain about a poor start.
1/14/2018 9:12 PM
Actually, I was looking for a venue to discover a means of getting a refund... I thought it was pretty clear.
1/14/2018 9:16 PM
...and obviously, in real life Troy Tulowitski is going to get injured regardless of who the Blue Jays have on staff... but that's the expectation. If the training and medical make as little difference as they do in real life, then the game instructions should make that point instead of stating otherwise.
1/14/2018 9:19 PM
Posted by docjay1 on 1/14/2018 9:16:00 PM (view original):
Actually, I was looking for a venue to discover a means of getting a refund... I thought it was pretty clear.
I really hope you realize how ridiculous this is?
1/14/2018 9:21 PM
Why would that be?
1/14/2018 9:25 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/14/2018 9:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by docjay1 on 1/14/2018 9:16:00 PM (view original):
I really hope you realize how ridiculous this is?
He does not.
1/14/2018 9:27 PM
Ok... I get it. Nobody knows the answer. Thanks anyway.
1/14/2018 9:28 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.