Posted by shoe3 on 1/15/2018 3:25:00 PM (view original):
I suspect either someone is a saints fan, or lost money on the game. Williams is an elite athlete, playing against other, more experienced elite athletes. Mistakes happen in that situation. He also made a good interception that allowed the Saints to even have a chance to win the game.

He was too aggressive on this play, and cheated too far to the sideline. The smart play was to play the ball, stay behind the receiver and try to defend the pass; then the worst case scenario is Diggs makes a great catch, manages to fight his way out of bounds with enough time for a long field goal attempt. It was a mistake, but not a particularly stupid one. Players far more experienced than he have made worse mistakes.
Big football fan here, saw many missed fg that were killers, dropped passes, fumbles but nothing quite like this.
1/15/2018 3:26 PM
Can't wait to see what Stephen A. Smith thought of it. Kellerman will probably say the contrary, as he always does.
1/15/2018 3:31 PM
Well, that's my opinion of you. Opinions are worthless and usually based on fallacy or lack of experience or info. Just like all I know about you is what you wrote, similar to what you know about dude trying to make or not make that tackle.

Btw just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you should tell everyone, nor does it stop me from having an opinion. Tired of people using that as a retort to get other people to shut up. Talk about being mentally weak.

I'm starting to think you were self projecting onto a football player.
1/15/2018 3:32 PM
There were also multiple people spewing logic but you preffered your opinion to reality. You'll be president one day.
1/15/2018 3:41 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/15/2018 3:26:00 PM (view original):
I suspect either someone is a saints fan, or lost money on the game. Williams is an elite athlete, playing against other, more experienced elite athletes. Mistakes happen in that situation. He also made a good interception that allowed the Saints to even have a chance to win the game.

He was too aggressive on this play, and cheated too far to the sideline. The smart play was to play the ball, stay behind the receiver and try to defend the pass; then the worst case scenario is Diggs makes a great catch, manages to fight his way out of bounds with enough time for a long field goal attempt. It was a mistake, but not a particularly stupid one. Players far more experienced than he have made worse mistakes.
Big football fan here, saw many missed fg that were killers, dropped passes, fumbles but nothing quite like this.
It was a bad play at a very unfortunate (for the saints and their fans) time. That’s all. The “worst play ever!” stuff on Twitter is hot-take hyperbole. You take the good with the bad. Keenum made a terrible mistake earlier, tossing a floater in the general direction of the sideline, that 43 capitalized on, and if not for that, he doesn’t have a chance to make his mistake at the end.
1/15/2018 3:42 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/15/2018 3:31:00 PM (view original):
Can't wait to see what Stephen A. Smith thought of it. Kellerman will probably say the contrary, as he always does.
Stephen A Smith is garbage.
1/15/2018 4:00 PM

You've never seen a missed tackle?
1/15/2018 4:06 PM
Not like this one. Cardman 17 : why do you take this so personal ?
1/15/2018 4:21 PM
A better explanation than conspiracy or mental weakness: the immaculate purple hip check.

https://twitter.com/realPB/status/952722779438108672/photo/1
1/15/2018 4:28 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/15/2018 4:28:00 PM (view original):
A better explanation than conspiracy or mental weakness: the immaculate purple hip check.

https://twitter.com/realPB/status/952722779438108672/photo/1
That's it : too funny.
1/15/2018 4:33 PM
Please chill on this guy. Pressure is hard it messes with people's minds. As someone who has gone 0-4 on free throws in the final 2 minutes in a huge high school basketball game to make States, pressure is hard and messes with people's minds.
1/15/2018 4:35 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/15/2018 3:42:00 PM (view original):

It was a bad play at a very unfortunate (for the saints and their fans) time. That’s all. The “worst play ever!” stuff on Twitter is hot-take hyperbole. You take the good with the bad. Keenum made a terrible mistake earlier, tossing a floater in the general direction of the sideline, that 43 capitalized on, and if not for that, he doesn’t have a chance to make his mistake at the end.
I agree with Shoe here.
1/15/2018 4:36 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/15/2018 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Not like this one. Cardman 17 : why do you take this so personal ?
Personal? I'm just talking **** to a **** talker in my spare time while on vacation. I disagree with your position, so I countered. You shriveled up on the other hand.
1/15/2018 7:45 PM (edited)
Tackling in the NFL is generally poor, especially by DBs. They don't have many contact drills late in the season because of injury concerns. The last tackling drills Saints DBs had was probably in August.
1/15/2018 8:32 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/15/2018 3:42:00 PM (view original):

The Saints player made a mistake. Worst play ever? Leon Lett against Miami and The Butt Fumble still the worst two I have seen.
1/15/2018 8:55 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.