Can this IFA play a role on a good team? Topic

This is a projected numbers. Keep in mind I only have 10 in scouting as I took this team over.
18yo

OV RA GL Ar AA PC DU HE SP PA Te MU
73 97 46 23 72 23 90 81 91 44 45 100

CO PW L R EY BA Bn Pul
51 39 79 25 82 74 26 44

Great eye to get on base. And with the 91s and 74br he should steal a lot of bases. I am just not sure about the fielding.
1/15/2018 5:35 PM
Those numbers are useless. You just don't see players like that. 97 range, 46 glove, 23 arm strength(which limits him to 1B), 72 arm accuracy.
1/15/2018 6:09 PM
Agreed with Mike, the fielding numbers alone make so little sense that I'd have to question whether any one of those ratings could be accurate.

1/15/2018 6:27 PM
The ratings themselves are in a weird pattern, but there's still general assessments you can make (some of which you already did).
excellent speed combination, takes walks, much better vs left which is the wrong side of the platoon, position unclear but is probably one of the less important ones, not enough power to be DH or 1B so you're hoping he is a high-range LF or somehow a RF in which they were hiding his defensive arm for some reason. The 73 OVR is probably accurate but could easily be less, projects as a ML backup / platoon / PH-PR. There's a dozen of this player available in spring training free agency for cheap, so I typically don't bid any higher than a million on this type of IFA player so that I can save my cash for a pitcher or whatever else might be better
1/15/2018 10:39 PM
Can this IFA play a role on a good team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.