Whatever happened to the new owners and potential updates?
I don’t check the forums often, so I apologize if I’ve just missed something.
1/15/2018 5:57 PM
Anyone?
2/2/2018 9:18 PM
This thread speaks volume.
2/2/2018 9:29 PM
I reached out to Rob Phythian who is the President/CEO of SportsHub Technologies, LLC via Linkedin last October.
The conversation was:
SUBJECT: WhatIfSports Acquisition

ME: "Rob, As a long time customer/player at WIS, I and a few of my fellow players are wondering what you as SportsHub have in mind for WIS. When it was a private company (pre-FoxSports), development and consumer interaction was great. Enter FoxSports, no communication, experienced developers left, stale/static games with no improvement. As a whole, we love the sim games. It's a passion for some of us (sometimes an obsession!) Could you share what your plans are at a micro-level? I understand the corporate level statement, but we're looking for any details. We've yet to hear from anyone since the announcement of the acquisition. Please advise Thanks Brian / ProfGreen (WIS username)"

Rob Phythian: "Brian, Thanks for the great feedback. We are still migrating the asset off of the Fox backbone but we can surely share some future plans with the users. We want to get back to the way it was pre Fox. Look for some news very soon. Regards, Rob Phythian, CEO"

That was on October 9, 2017 - I've reached out a few more times via LinkedIn, but I haven't heard anything since that message.

2/14/2018 11:52 AM
Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?
2/17/2018 9:11 PM
Posted by profgreen on 2/14/2018 11:52:00 AM (view original):
I reached out to Rob Phythian who is the President/CEO of SportsHub Technologies, LLC via Linkedin last October.
The conversation was:
SUBJECT: WhatIfSports Acquisition

ME: "Rob, As a long time customer/player at WIS, I and a few of my fellow players are wondering what you as SportsHub have in mind for WIS. When it was a private company (pre-FoxSports), development and consumer interaction was great. Enter FoxSports, no communication, experienced developers left, stale/static games with no improvement. As a whole, we love the sim games. It's a passion for some of us (sometimes an obsession!) Could you share what your plans are at a micro-level? I understand the corporate level statement, but we're looking for any details. We've yet to hear from anyone since the announcement of the acquisition. Please advise Thanks Brian / ProfGreen (WIS username)"

Rob Phythian: "Brian, Thanks for the great feedback. We are still migrating the asset off of the Fox backbone but we can surely share some future plans with the users. We want to get back to the way it was pre Fox. Look for some news very soon. Regards, Rob Phythian, CEO"

That was on October 9, 2017 - I've reached out a few more times via LinkedIn, but I haven't heard anything since that message.

As someone who works in software, if you expect an answer - even in 5 months - that may be a stretch. These projects are never fast or simple. I know major companies that have purchased regional businesses that are still running on 12 -15 year old legacy platforms. Its easier just to extend the life of those platforms than to rush to transition them over to the primary core systems.

Now I know i am going to get a lot of responses like "well if they care about their company they will answer" or "they should be trying to engage with their customers", but the end result is this: Its a business. And like MikeT says - if we are all shelling out $25 a season, a few gripe messages isn't gonna move the needle.

I'm sure we'll probably get some movement by summer.
2/19/2018 11:48 AM
Plus, consider who is complaining. One of the owners is dino27. He's an ******. If he is the face of WIS HBD owners, we are all ******.
2/19/2018 11:49 AM
Let's be real. None of the games on the site are perfect, but they are pretty good games as-is. Any updates are just icing on the cake.

I haven't played hoops dynasty, but from my understanding it was updated a couple of years ago and was made worse. Crying for updates just for the sake of updates isn't necessarily a good thing.

Lets make sure we're not ******** just to have something to ***** about.
2/19/2018 2:07 PM (edited)
My latest interaction with support led me to believe they have zero plans for any of WIS. Sad really. I’ll probably be moving on after many many years here.
8/6/2019 8:53 AM
Are there any similar games/sims out there?
8/6/2019 3:11 PM
"Very soon" and it's been nearly 2 years since that claim...

There is an okay sim game called "pennant wars" I believe. MUCH cheaper and some aspects were cooler, but overall, I felt like it wasn't as good.

I think I bought 9 seasons for <40 bucks. Seasons take only 30 days or so. They sim like 6 times a day iirc.
8/8/2019 7:28 PM
Yeah, pennant wars is no comparison. HBD is still the best on the market that I have found.
8/8/2019 7:36 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.