horvie78- 18
The Host- 20
polarsi- 21
csudak- 21
da goat- 35
beachhouse- 36
drummer66- 36
stalagna- 38

Another win for stalagna! Horvie78 had fewest points but one entry was received a bit late and as a result polarsi has been eliminated.

Look for new challenge tomorrow.
2/25/2018 6:48 PM
Challenge #9- High & Low

Part I- MLB
There are 16 spring training games on Wednesday. Some teams have split squads so indicate which team you are using or you will receive 0 points for that chosen team.
Pick 4 teams that will score the most runs. You receive 2 points for each run scored by your 4 teams. If one of your teams scores the most runs (or ties for most runs) you score an additional 5 points. However, if one of your teams is shutout you will lose 5 points.

Part II- NHL
There are 5 NHL games on Wednesday.
Pick two teams that you think will score the fewest goals. If you choose a team that has the fewest goals of the 10 teams playing you receive 10 points and 5 points if they are second lowest. If two teams score 1 goal and are lowest and your chosen team scores 2 which is next lowest you get 0 points as that is third lowest.
Bonus- if both of your chosen teams are tied for least amount of goals you get 10 points for each team.
Pick two teams that you think will score the most goals. If you choose a team that has the most goals of the 10 teams playing you receive 10 points and 5 points if they are second highest.
Bonus- if both of your chosen teams are tied for most amount of goals you get 10 points for each team.

Part III- NBA
There are 9 NBA games on Wednesday.
Pick one game that will be the highest scoring game of the night. You will receive one point for each point that the two teams score over 200 points. If your chosen game scores UNDER 200 points you will lose a point for each point under that mark.
Pick one game that will be the lowest scoring game of the night. You will receive one point for each point that your teams score under 200 points. If your chosen game scores OVER 200 points you will lose a point for each point over that mark.

TIEBREAKERS
1. How many points will Kevin Durant score on Wednesday?
2. How many homers will the NY Yankees hit on Wednesday?
3. Order received

As winner of previous challenge stalagna will receive an advantage. He will select 5 baseball teams and get to drop the lowest one.
Entry deadline will be Wednesday at 11am EST.
2/26/2018 8:02 PM
Sample entry (sorry I forgot to do this earlier)

Part I-
Cleveland (vs. Seattle)
Cleveland (vs. LAA)
San Diego
Pittsburgh

Part II-
Fewest- Tampa Bay and Montreal
Most- Buffalo and Colorado

Part III-
Highest- Toronto vs. Atltanta
Lowest- Charlotte vs. Boston

TB1. 20
TB2. 10
2/27/2018 11:10 AM
CHALLENGE #9
drummer66 beachhouse stalagna horvie78 csudak da_goat The Host
MLB Brewers Yankees Astros White Sox Red Sox Dodgers Yankees
MLB Astros Brewers Indians (Angels) Cardinals Yankees Cubs Dodgers
MLB Red Sox Rockies Dodgers Nationals Blue Jays Red Sox Rangers
MLB Cubs Rangers Nationals Cubs Twins (Rays) Yankees Cubs
Rangers*
NHL- most goals Lightning Vancouver TB TB TB Colorado TB
NHL- most goals Flames Colorado NYR Colorado StL TB Colorado
NHL- least goals Sabres Buffalo NYI Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo
NHL- least goals Rangers Montreal Buffalo Detroit Vancouver Calgary Vancouver
NBA- highest pts Houston/LAC GS/Wash GS/Wash Houston/LAC GS/Wash Houston/LAC GS/Wash
NBA- lowest pts Phx/Memphis SA/NO SA/NO Phx/Memphis Atl/Indy Phx/Memphis Phx/Memphis
TB #1 35 21 30 22 31 28 26
TB #2 4 3 3 2 3 3 2
* advantage from previous challenge
2/28/2018 10:24 AM
CHALLENGE #9
drummer66 beachhouse stalagna horvie78 csudak da_goat The Host
MLB Brewers Yankees Astros White Sox Red Sox Dodgers Yankees
MLB Astros Brewers Indians (Angels) Cardinals Yankees Cubs Dodgers
MLB Red Sox Rockies Dodgers Nationals Blue Jays Red Sox Rangers
MLB Cubs Rangers Nationals Cubs Twins (Rays) Yankees Cubs
Rangers*
46 58 57 46 36 44 44
NHL- most goals Lightning Vancouver TB TB TB Colorado TB
NHL- most goals Flames Colorado NYR Colorado StL TB Colorado
NHL- least goals Sabres Buffalo NYI Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo
NHL- least goals Rangers Montreal Buffalo Detroit Vancouver Calgary Vancouver
0 10 20 15 0 5 5
NBA- highest pts Houston/LAC GS/Wash GS/Wash Houston/LAC GS/Wash Houston/LAC GS/Wash
NBA- lowest pts Phx/Memphis SA/NO SA/NO Phx/Memphis Atl/Indy Phx/Memphis Phx/Memphis
-15 -27 -27 -15 1 -15 -2
TOTAL POINTS 31 41 50 46 37 34 47
TB #1 35 21 30 22 31 28 26
TB #2 4 3 3 2 3 3 2
* advantage from previous challenge
3/1/2018 1:41 AM
drummer_66 comes up a little short and with zero points in the NHL part it costs him and he is eliminated in 6th place.
stalagna continues his win streak with the best finish in NHL portion and a second in MLB to offset a last place in NBA portion.

We are down to 5 now and once we get this down to the final 3 we will do a challenge that has several parts to crown our first ever Know-It-All of Sports champion.

Look for a new challenge later today.
3/1/2018 1:47 AM
Challenge #10
Part I- Golf
Choose 3 golfers playing in WGC-Mexico tournament to make your team. You get 2 points for each birdie and 5 points for each eagle. Saturday and Sunday rounds will count towards score.
Select a different golfer you think will win the tournament. Your score will be 2x the total under under par he scores for the tournament plus an extra 10 points if he wins.
Part II- NCAA Basketball
Predict the winner of these college basketball games. You get 5 points for a ranked team winning and 10 points for a non-ranked team winning or a lower ranked team winning if you choose NC over Duke.
#3 Xavier at DePaul
#20 West Virginia at Texas
#23 Kentucky at Florida
#18 Clemson at Syracuse
#6 Kansas at Oklahoma St
#21 Nevada at San Diego St
#9 UNC at #5 Duke

Pick one of the above teams to score the most points. Your score will be one point for each point your chosen team scores over 75 points.

Part III- Soccer
We will be using 5 soccer matches- 2 from English Premier League and 3 from MLS- all Sunday games.
Predict the winner of each contest. A win is worth 5 points and a draw is worth 2 points.
Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Arsenal
Manchester City vs. Chelsea
Seattle vs. LAFC
Vancouver vs. Montreal
Sporting KC vs. NYC FC
Predict total amount of goals scored in all 5 matches. Exact = 10 points; +/- 2 = 5 points; +/- 4 = 2 points

Part IV- NASCAR
Vegas baby!
Choose 3 drivers for your team. Win = 20 points; 2nd-3rd = 10 pts; 4th- 5th = 5 pts; 6th-10th = 2 pts

TIEBREAKERS
1. How many points will LeBron James score on Saturday?
2. How many combined points will Boston and Houston score on Saturday?
3. Order received

As winner of previous challenge stalagna will receive an advantage. He will select 4 golfers for Saturday’s round only and drop the lowest score.
Entry deadline will be Saturday at 10am EST.
3/1/2018 11:25 AM

Sample entry for Challenge #10-

Part I
Tiger Woods
Arnold Palmer
Jack Nicklaus

winner- Ben Hogan

Part II
DePaul
Texas
Florida
Syracuse
OK St
SD St
UNC

most points- OK St

Part III
BH Albion
Chelsea
Seattle
Montreal
KC

total goals = 33

Part IV
Dale Earnhardt
Dale Jr.
Richard Petty

TB1. 15
TB2. 150

3/1/2018 11:38 AM
4 in a row! I'm sure that will come to an end as I'm not good at soccer or Nascar. This has been a fun contest.
3/1/2018 6:54 PM
Dammit!!! This was fun. Looking forward to doing this again.
3/2/2018 12:05 AM
CHALLENGE #10
horvie78 stalagna da_goat beachhouse csudak The Host
WGC Golfer Bubba DJ Fowler Bubba NO ENTRY Mickelson
WGC Golfer Sharma Bubba Garcia DJ DJ
WGC Golfer DJ Fowler DJ Cabrera Bello Spieth
Rahm*
WGC Winner Sergio Sergio Oosthuizen none Sergio
#3 Xavier at DePaul Xavier Xavier Xavier Xavier Xavier
#20 WV at Texas Texas Texas WV WV Texas
#23 KY at Florida Florida Florida Florida Florida Florida
#18 Clemson at Syr Clemson Clemson Syracuse Syracuse Syracuse
#6 Kansas at Ok St Kansas Kansas Kansas Kansas Kansas
#21 Nevada at SD St Nevada SD St SD St SD St SD St
#9 UNC at #5 Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke UNC
Team- most pts Nevada Duke Xavier Xavier Xavier
B&H Albion vs. Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal
Man City vs. Chelsea Man City Man City Man City Man City Man City
Seattle vs. LAFC Seattle Seattle Seattle Seattle Seattle
Vancouver vs. Montreal Vancouver Vancouver Montreal Montreal Vancouver
KC vs. NYC FC KC KC NYC FC NYC FC KC
Total goals 13 14 10 15 12
NASCAR driver Harvick Kyle Busch Harvick Harvick Kesolowski
NASCAR driver Kyle Busch Kesolowski Blaney Larson J. Johnson
NASCAR driver Truex Truex Kesolowski Kesolowski Harvick
TB #1 27 30 28 33 27
TB #2 211 215 210 225 222
3/3/2018 1:22 PM
I received no entry from csudak. However I did just hear from him and he had no power yesterday or today and was only able to get it at work. I'm using this challenge only as an advantage challenge and csudak will not be eliminated. Also stalagna will not lose his advantage for the next elimination challenge so if he wins this one he will have a double advantage or if someone else wins they have an advantage as well as stalagna. I will post next challenge later on today possibly or for sure tomorrow.
3/3/2018 1:26 PM
This is fine by me. I hope everything else is okay with csudak. If I win this, I want to beat the competition and not win by default. By the way, this has been lots of fun golfpro.
3/3/2018 2:48 PM
Thanks guys. I'm right on the coast in Mass and we got crushed yesterday and today with the wind and rain. Thankfully less water damage than what they thought might happen with the tides and the trees that came down managed to avoid my actual house...fence and deck weren't as lucky. One more high tide to avoid tonight, but hopefully won't get high enough.
3/3/2018 9:42 PM
Challenge #11
Part I- Conference Championships
Choose one team from each of the following conferences:
ACC Mountain West
Atlantic 10 Pac-12
Big 12 SEC
Big East Southland
Big Sky Sun Belt
Big West SWAC
Conference USA WAC
MAC
In addition, you are to choose another 5 teams from any of these conferences but you are limited to a maximum of 2 teams per conference. In total you will select 20 teams.
You get points for each win by your teams. You earn the same number of points per win as their seed (say you choose the 6th seed and they win 2 games so you would earn 12 points). If one of your chosen teams wins their conference championship, you also earn bonus points. The bonus will be 5 points plus 2x the number of their seed (a #4 seed that wins their championship game will earn 4 points for the win plus a bonus of 13 points)

Part II- NCAA Tournament Seeding
A. Predict the top 4 seeds for the NCAA Tournament which will be the #1 seed for each region. You get 5 points for each correct pick.
B. Middle of the Pack- predict the #8 and #9 seeds for the NCAA Tournament (don’t have to correctly pick their exact seed). You get 5 points for each correct pick.

Part III- Tale of the Tiger
Predict how Tiger Woods will play at Valspar Championship. You may choose only one scenario and the points associated with it.
A. Withdraw due to injury or other reason after starting round 1 (50 points)
B. Miss cut (25 points)
C. Make cut but finish outside of top 40 (10 points)
D. Make cut and finish 21-39 (15 points)
E. Make cut and finish 11-20 (20 points)
F. Contend in tournament and finish 2-10 (40 points)
G. Win the tournament (100 points)

TIEBREAKERS
1. How many teams from the ACC will make the NCAA Tournament?
2. How many teams from the Big 10 will make the NCAA Tournament?
3. Order received

As winner of previous challenge stalagna will receive an advantage. He will select one extra team in Part II- B so he picks 9 teams where everyone else gets 8. If another contestant wins challenge 10, they receive the same advantage. If stalagna wins challenge #10 he will also get to choose an extra team for Part I making a total of 21 teams.

Entry deadline will be Tuesday at 11am EST.
3/4/2018 11:21 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...31 Next ▸
Know-it-All 2- a champion is crowned!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.